Prologue
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood on the grave and frowned.

Wasn't I supposed to feel sad, hurt and unhappy. Wasn't I supposed to cry? I came out of my thoughts when a cool breeze rustled my hairs. Did me being dead took away all my emotions? I sighed as I looked at the tombstone for the hundredth time.
  

Alicia Spinnet

1947-2017

A loving mother, daughter and wife

"Parted by death we'll be united in heaven"

Yes, I am dead and no, this is not my gravestone. Wasn't I supposed to cry for my mother's death. Aren't I supposed to feel hurt.

"Looks like I won't be getting the best daughter of the year award anytime soon" I mused and then started laughing like a maniac. My laughter echoed in the empty midnight graveyard. And then the tears broke down.

It hurts. Yes, it hurts. I laughed an empty hollow laughter as I looked at my mother's tombstone. Even though I am already dead it still hurts. Well there goes my theory that grim reapers could not feel hurt.

Maybe she'll go to heaven. I have watched her even after my death. Has seen her cooped in the dark and shed tears for the death of her only child. She was not the best mom but she was certainly not worst. She had her own demons but she didn't give up. People told me I am a lot like mom but it wasn't true. My mom was brave and I was not. She stood up again to faced the world while I couldn't.

"Sorry" I mumbled. Sorry for committing suicide. I couldn't gather the courage to tell mom my feelings. And now she's dead I still didn't have the courage to speak my feelings to her.

I want to tell her I am sorry for being stupid. Yes I was stupid. I made a lot of stupid mistakes. Committing suicide was one of them. 

Will anyone imagine that the huge and scary grim reaper is just a cowardly girl. I wiped my tears and with a last look at the grave turned back and started walking disappearing into the darkness, the safe haven for creatures like me.

~x~                                                                             ~~X~~                                                                                         ~x~

Author's note

hey guys! I just realized that I haven't even mentioned the name of our protagonist. English isn't my mother tongue so there may be some errors. Please do comment to let me know if there are any errors in my writing style. Thanks

1