Chapter 1 : The Whims of a God
203 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dragon Sin of Wrath, Meliodas, was currently on his honeymoon with his lovely bride Elizabeth Liones, the princess of the Kingdom of Liones.

They traveled all around the world of Britannia, seeing and visiting different places, both old and new.

They found themselves relaxing, the events that transpired previously still lingered on their minds, the defeat of the demon king, the battle with Cath, chaos being unleashed, and the death of Escanor.

However, they did not allow this to ruin their mood and Meliodas wants nothing more than to spend his time with Elizabeth all day in peace after 3000 years of being cursed.

But little did they know that these peaceful days will soon come to an end.

In the Celestial Realm, lies the Supreme Deity, with an indifferent face gazed down on them on a magical screen, her glowing head brewing with plots and schemes.

It was a given that Meliodas could feel this faint but noticeable gaze locked on him.

But he doesn't know where it came from which made him frown.

After failing to find the source of this gaze, he turned his attention back to Elizabeth and gave a warm-hearted smile.

He didn't dwell too much on the issue regarding where that gaze came from and chose to ignore it since there were barely any beings left in Britannia that could threaten him at this moment.

Even though he lost his god-like demon king power, it was still a fact that he was at least one of the strongest beings alive in all of Britannia and all of the realms.

"Sate sate sate"

Meliodas said as he groped Elizabeth's breasts lecherously.

"Kyaa"

Elizabeth yelped in surprise at his sudden actions but calmed herself down a few moments later.

She smiled at him and gently touched his face, she was already used to his behavior at this point, the time that she spent with Meliodas was something no mere mortal could comprehend.

They sat on a grassy prairie, under the shadow of a lone oak tree in an undisclosed location.

"Here, let me give you a lap pillow"

Meliodas said with a cheeky grin as he tapped his thighs while looking at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth blushed but still complied with his suggestion.

After a moment of peace, Meliodas recalled the moments before they went on their honeymoon.

"Aren't you excited, tomorrow morning, when we return to Liones, you'll be announced by father as the new king"

Elizabeth said as she gazed at the clear blue sky.

"What is there to be excited about? I would rather spend my time hanging out with you rather than being a king"

Meliodas replied.

"Well, I only took that role because no one else seemed to be interested in becoming a king, your sisters and their boyfriends refused his offer and doesn't want the throne"

"It is ironic now that I think about it since there was a time when Zeldris and I wanted to become the demon king and fought each other to become the ruler of the demon race"

Meliodas continued.

Elizabeth giggled at Meliodas' grumbling expression.

"Well the King, your father, and my soon-to-be father in law pushed the role unto me since no one wants to succeed him, what a twist of fate, a demon, and a goddess becoming the rulers of a human kingdom and I bet some humans won't take it well, I never thought I would live to see the day it happens"

"I believe in you, I know you have what it takes and I think you will be a good king and lead Liones to prosperity"

Elizabeth said with a warm smile, the sunlight bounced off her beautiful face, giving her an ethereal appearance and aura.

Meliodas smiled at her and caressed her cheek with his hands.

"Thanks, and I believe that you will make a great Queen" Meliodas said.

Silence followed soon after.

After a few minutes, they both took a nap and cuddled each other as they tried to feel each other's warmth.

Things looked like they are heading in the right direction, seemingly free of dangers, or are they?

With the return of Chaos and the forces of light and dark no longer in balance, the supreme deity took advantage of the situation and as the sole godly entity remaining, she manipulated the forces of destiny, soul, and space.

An intense amount of divine energy covered her figure, she opened up a spatial rift and was successful in bridging two different worlds together.

"Meliodas"

The supreme deity said in a monotone and robotic-like voice.

"Consider this as payment for your actions, originally, I wanted that Belialuin girl to suffer, but she would detect something going on due to the blessings I gave her, instead, the demon prince shall be my next best option, I wonder what you will do in 'that' world and how much you'll be able to change it"

An evil grin was slowly creeping up on her face as she stared down at the screen that broadcasted Meliodas and Elizabeth's image.

Flashback to the time when Merlin revealed the power of chaos to the 7DS...

During the epic battle between Arthur and Cath, the supreme deity noticed something familiar.

She showed a grimaced expression on her face after sensing a nostalgic yet familiar form of power known as chaos.

With the help of the Demon King, she successfully sealed away the Mother of Chaos, her creator and the progenitor of all life.

Remembering her creator, an angry look appeared on her face but after a few seconds, it disappeared like it was a lie.

Even though she was exasperated knowing that the power of chaos that they thought they had gotten rid of from this world had returned, there was an upside that she got from this situation.

The absence and death of the demon king gave the supreme deity the power to observe Britannia from the celestial realm unobstructed.

Though, for the time being, she can't send herself off to the mortal world or send people of her clan there.

Well, all of them had lost their physical bodies so it didn't matter anyway.

Because of the rift between space and time and the aftermath of the power of chaos being released during the battle of Arthur and Cath, she temporarily gained access to observe the world of danmachi.

It was not difficult for her to learn the world's inner workings and history.

After ruminating on her thoughts for a while, she showed a creepy smile on her face as she came up with a plan to toy with a certain blonde demon.

Meanwhile in the World of Danmachi

Bell Cranel, a boy with white hair and crimson red eyes had set off to become an adventurer after his grandfather died and he wished to live up to his wishes and desires and to become a hero and build a harem of his own.

His face filled with excitement with a stupid smile, after quickly snapping out of his reverie, he slapped both of his cheeks and continued to walk forward.

His fate was met with disappointment when doors got slammed in front of him whenever he tried to join a faction, his weak appearance, and naive disposition were the main causes that no one wanted him.

After all, being an adventurer was a job that requires people to experience various life and death situations.

After getting rejected by every familia that he tried to join, Hestia, the goddess of hearth extended her hand toward him.

"Would you like to join my familia?" says the goddess.

Bell kneeled with both legs, tears were threatening to flow out of the corner of his eyes.

"Yes, I would love to, thank you for having me."

An emergency denatus was held, and every deity in Orario attended, they all knew the reason for why this meeting was being held.

They had felt and discussed the unknown powerful force that swept through the mortal world.

A huge burst of energy containing the Divinity of Space, Soul, and Light passed through their world and disappeared as quickly as it came.

Only the deities could sense this energy.

The meeting resulted in just speculations and no answers were found even after investigations were conducted.

All they could do is hope that it doesn't negatively affect their lives and continue to live normally.

The speculations they came up with were the following:

A deity released his/her arcanum and got sent back to heaven.

A deity descended unto the mortal world, this assumption was immediately denied.

A pair or more deities released their arcanum and fought each other and got sent back to heaven.

Or a new monster that rivals that of the three great quests has spawned in the dungeon.

And so on, they never reached a definitive answer but they know something was going to change in their world whether they like it or not.

This resulted in increased security around the world of danmachi, especially Orario.

The gods knew that change was necessary in the cycle of life, that is the reason why they came down to the mortal world due to the boredom of their eternal and perpetual life.

Some gods were shaking with excitement knowing that they would have a new form of entertainment.

Some were wary of the hidden dangers that would come and could befall them, while some didn't even bat an eye and just went on with their lives like nothing happened.

Nonetheless, some of the more acute adventurers noticed the change in the behavior of some of the gods, and the fact that an emergency denatus was held brought many rumors to circulate.

Back to Britannia

The Supreme Deity waited for a while to activate her spell, what she was waiting for is when Meliodas was going to let his guard down and also prevent getting detected by Merlin.

With such a large spell, it was gonna get noticed and Merlin or Meliodas could disrupt it if she is not careful.

She patiently waited for the right moment to strike.

Even during peaceful times Meliodas has lived for thousands of years of constant danger, despite his lax and carefree attitude, a powerful spell that she is preparing right now could alert them in an instant and all her preparations would be wasted.

Heck, she didn't know if Meliodas' full counter would work against it and her plans could backfire on her.

So she stopped spying on them to stop them from feeling being watched so their guard would go down.

"Meliodas, I hope you will like my gift"

4