Chapter 7: Tea Party to Dominate (3)
582 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Tea Party to Dominate (3)

Scarlett's POV

The carriage stopped to a halt when we arrived at Lady Rebecca's home.

It was grand, with a fountain in the middle, their mansion being settled at the front and I could already see many carriages parked by the side. There seems to be a few attendees... but not a lot.

There were only three.

I have a bad feeling about this.

While this might be my chance to give a first impression to those who have already invited me to their tea parties.

I was expecting a lot more people than three.

The carriage came to a halt, "We're here milady." (Elise) comes down from the front and opens the door for me.

"Thank you," I thanked her briefly as I held the hem of my dress coming down from our ride.

"This seems like a lovely home, don't you think Elise?" I asked my maid who just nodded at my question looking around the area before whispering in my ear.

"Please do remember that she's going through a rough patch right now. In all circumstances do not bring up her parent's divorcing." she warned me of such.

The warning will be of no use- it's obviously common decency!

"Elise- was I such a horrible person to even bring up a sensitive topic that's clearly none of my business?" I jokingly asked.

"..." (Elise) stops to bite her lip looking away in another direction and I looked at her weirdly.

Oh...

Perhaps the old me did.

I gave a stiff smile and just decided that I'll be my new self today. No asking questions that are irrelevant and would be considered rude in the gathering.

Let the dominating begin.

.-.-.-.-.-.

Several servants greeted us, and led where the party was supposed to be. The setting was on a wide balcony with a medium sized table enough to fit five people.

I could already see them all sitting in place.

The finest set of china was used, several maids poured their hot tea into the cup flowing until it was on the very brim.

Lady Rebecca Clifford, the host of the party, noticed my entrance. "L-Lady Scarlett, delighted to join us. Come have a seat- we weren't expecting you to um... actually come."

With her blonde hair, emerald hue and polite smile welcomed me into the table beckoning for me to join them. "You sent me an invitation so how could I not attend?"

I walked around her getting to an empty seat, I pulled the chair and sat on my own without needing Elise to do it for me. The servants would gather to one side to stand and watch over their masters... however for me...

I was more worried if she'll be alright if there comes a time this gathering will last for a while, her feet might go numb. I wanted to offer a chair for her but the other nobles might think weirdly of me-

The other girls were either curious or just suspicious of my sudden presence as to why- I suppose the daughter of a powerful family came to some Baron's daughter tea party.

I eyed the other girls and they stared at me back.

I remember all of their faces.

They were also the girls that tried sending me an invitation to come to their tea party gatherings in a few weeks.

Once the staring got a bit too long I gave them a smile and asked, "Perhaps, is there something on my face?"

The girls looked away. I could see Lady Verosica deciding to focus on her toy plush of a rabbit.

While Lady Felicity was stuffing herself with sweets, anything that was flavored chocolate would not escape her stomach.

Except for Lady Clarisse, her dark red hair was really standing out of all. She was admiring the cutlery, especially the knives, holding the handle between the two of her fingers. "How nice of you to finally join us..." she turns to me with a wicked smile.

"A shame... you never replied to any of our invites before. Why the sudden change of heart?" (Lady Clarisse) settles down the knife back with the rest of the cutlery.

I merely smiled once more, "A few days prior to getting sick I realized I am rather..." I think of a word that best describes what has happened for the past few weeks. "Different."

I told them and they all turned their gazes towards me once more, I continued. "I have decided to change my ways of how I treated others, years back and I have brought gifts as an apology for it." I motioned for Elise to bring all the gifts that I picked out for them.

She came forward with boxes in her hand, it was a bit much... the items started wobbling in her arms. I stood up to help her hold some of them and was thankful that I did. Elise worriedly looked at me, thinking that a mere lady of my status shouldn't be holding things that a servant must do. "Milady, um... I should-"

I stop her from panicking, "It's alright. I already have them in my arms. I'll give them on my own." I walked right over to each one of them.

Starting from Lady Rebecca, hers was a book wrapped in thin wrapper with a curled ribbon. I offered it to her, she looked so surprised and shocked even making sure to look both left and right, gazing upon me in question if I got the right girl. "Y-You prepared a gift for me?" she asks, pointing at herself.

"Yes, I did. I do hope it's to your liking. I've heard that this piece of literature was quite rare to find." she takes the gift slowly from my hands and I move onto the next noble lady.

It was Lady Verosica, the girl who simply adored animals but couldn't touch them due to their allergies on fur. The cat plush was also wrapped in thin wrapper paper and was put inside a box. "For you, Lady Verosica. I've heard of your fondness for cats and I couldn't help but buy this for you."

Her short figure stiffened for one moment before accepting the gift, her hands could be seen shaking while feeling unsure about my gift. "A-Ah... Thank you..." she takes it and held it like it had bomb inside.

The next girl was Lady Felicity who still had chocolate stains over her face and hands. She wiped it off with a napkin, expecting a gift as well. "Did you also prepare something for me?" she asked lazily and I gave hers.

She takes it with an uninterested face as she keeps eating some more.

Seeing that she didn't take my gift gratefully, I didn't bother explaining what was in it.

"Prepared gifts... you really shouldn't have~ let me guess. Another perfume? Something that will make me utterly feminine? Oh how about a dress like last time?" (Lady Clarisse) has not even accepted her gift and she was already guessing what I'm planning to give. "I'm rather excited about what kind of utterly sad gift you'll give me today." she reveals her grin that made my body feel danger.

This girl... had no filter at all.

I like her personality, perhaps the old Scarlett never really thought of knowing these girls better and just bought things that she likes- that she believes others would want to. 

"Hmph, unfortunately you didn't get your guessing game right." I told her while giving a small medium box where I ordered a blacksmith the most beautiful dagger he could ever carve with the best materials he has.

I could see Lady Clarisse raise her eyebrows before taking her gift eagerly. "How... delightful. If it's none of these, I'm guessing this could be poison. Why else are you giving each of us gifts-" she laughs, resting her chin by the hand. "You're truly a delight, Lady Scarlett."

I roll my eyes at their understandable responses towards my gift. The original Scarlett was horrible towards them after all. "Open them first before judging my tastes in gifts." I told them motioning for Elise to go back to her station with the rest of the servants.

Each one of them was hesitant to open what I got for them. Soon, Lady Clarisse felt brave and tore the wrapper apart to find a fairly thick box and opened it.

"Oh~? This is..." she takes the dagger out, the blade reflects Lady Clarisse's reflection and her rather scary smile.

"How thoughtful! You finally bought me something I actually like for once." she bites her lip admiring the handicraft of the dagger. "These gemstones are just... so perfect with the blade... I see you've also taken our family crest into the handle." she tilts the handle for the other girls in the room to see.

My chest puffed up in pride, I'm glad she noticed the careful design that I ordered.

Lady Rebecca looked absolutely mortified seeing a weapon upon her premises. "It's indeed a lovely gift- but I feel rather uncomfortable with you holding it out in the open, Lady Clarisse." she pleaded for the other girl to put it back in the box.

Lady Clarisse understands the other's worries, she just pouts and puts the blade back in the box with a happy expression then she turns towards me. "Thank you, Lady Scarlett. This is a wonderful gift... I could add to my collection."

While that last sentence scared me, I'm happy that Lady Clarisse has now taken me in a good light.

Lady Rebecca was the next to tear the wrapper, after seeing our conversation with Lady Clarisse, she has grown curious on what gift I got her. "T-This is!" She hides the cover of the book in a flash while hugging it tightly in her chest.

"How- did you! Get this?! This is a limited edition copy of the series I was catching up! Even I couldn't get it!" she turns to me all excitedly and I smile seeing her enthusiastic face. "T-This is really a wonderful gift! I-I was expecting flowers inside of the box like last time but-! How did you know I-" she turns to me with a worried look before I gave her a polite smile.


"I don't mind literature like these either." 
Her eyes glimmered for a second while holding her Boy's Love book, brushing her fingers against the hardcover art and was muttering words I couldn't hear.

I had the urge to slap the old Scarlett.

She gave Lady Rebecca flowers before?! She's allergic to flowers!

Good lord this is probably why I only have four people inviting me to tea parties-

Lady Verosica takes her rabbit plush aside to take the box I gave her and opens it. Her eyes shined, reaching in for the cat plushie I ordered for her. It was colored ginger fur and eyes were different colored. .

"P-Plushie!" she hugs the soft plush and nuzzles with it.

Her short stature was really adorable, you can easily mistake her for an elementary schooler despite her being the oldest one out of all of us. "T-Thank you..."

I nodded and crossed my arms not trying to look too happy that she seemed to have loved the gift so much she's brimming with joy. Out of all of them I enjoyed her reaction the most.

The last girl Lady Felicity seemed uninterested even after knowing the gift was not that bad. She just kept eating the chocolate cupcakes without a care and I leaned over, "Not going to open yours?" I asked her and she shook her head.

She gave me a glare before responding, "I don't know what you're after or if you think you'll win us over with small trinkets like these. Don't think I've forgotten the last gift you gave me." she replied snarling and I had to stop to think...

What did the old me give her that seemed to have harbored this much ill intent from this girl?

I gave her a polite smile, deciding to play it off, "I assure you I've changed. I would really love to become friends with you all that's why... I have to apologize for what I did before. Especially... the flower gift to Lady Rebecca,"

I turn to the blonde girl who blinks at my direction not expecting the apology. "I have heard only recently that you were allergic. Before, I should have given you such that if it came into any close contact you would have been hurt."

Lady Rebecca shakes her head and was taken aback, "Y-You're forgiven milady, please why don't we enjoy some tea, sweets and enjoy some gossip right?" she laughs stiffly, leading me back to my seat.

I sat next to Lady Clarisse who I seemed to have won over. I could hear her happily humming a song I'm not familiar with. I wanted to talk to anyone else other than this knife obsessed girl- but it was too late.

She holds my arm, her soft bossom pressing to my skin but I ignore it. "Tell me~ other than your horrible personality, what else have you changed? Could you also perhaps have a change in preference too? I know someone available who likes girls who can pick a good knife."

I take a cup of tea from my free hand trying to calm myself down, "You do? Do tell."

"Red hair, light yellow eyes and a good proportioned face." She lists all the features that she owned and lightly gasps when she gets to the end of it. "Would you look at that? She's sitting right beside you. So how about it? Come to my party next week, darling."

Everyone else at the table didn't seem to mind this woman's behavior. I looked at them all, eyes pleading for help- but none of them seem to have kind hearts to take me out of this situation. "I-I'll check my schedule if I'm free."

I answered, my hands shaking while trying to drink.

Lady Clarisse didn't seem to have taken it well and pulled onto my arm a bit harder and whispered to my ear, "I'll be waiting."

She's... really scary.

 

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage
40