V2 – Saki Determination: Part Two
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Katsumi had been walking for ten-minutes, almost back to his apartment. When he walked by a store-window displaying a burgundy suit. One that was vividly familiar to him. 

Am I putting on the same act as Akito-san…? Or am I just afraid? 

He continued down the sidewalk.

But man… where do I even begin with “getting to know Brad?”

 

Like many days, Katsumi found himself sitting at his desk during break mindlessly gazing at a group of people. Specifically Brad, Saki, Yui and a few other of their friends, Including—

Arata-san… It kinda makes it impossible to approach them. I mean it still would be even if she wasn’t there.

Yui said something with a nervous smile and Saki laughed, Brad gave a light smile and they went on talking.

Do they know? Has Arata-san told them about my conversation with her… Do they even care about something like that?

Mayumi made eye-contact with Katsumi. It dawned on him instantly that he’d been staring for way too long. He averted his gaze onto something else as quickly as he could.

Shit…

Uhm, excuse me, Murakami-kun?” A girl’s voice to his right asked.

Katsumi furrowed his eyebrows and checked his phone to see if his cellphone read a notification or something.

“Murakami-kun,” The same voice came again.

He turned to his right to see a girl with dark-brown hair that ran down to her shoulders, and a very plain looking face.

“Y-yes?” Who the hell is she?

“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you always stare at them?”

Why yes, I do mind you asking… I really didn’t want to hear that question you know. 

Katsumi stuttered for a second then looked at Saki’s group. After a moment he turned back to the girl.

“Maybe… it’s because I feel like I’m missing something.”

“Hm~”

Oh my god why’d I say something so cringe. Those are the kind of thoughts you keep to yourself. 

“That’s an interesting answer,” She replied, “Why don’t you try talking to them? I’ve seen you do it before.”

Katsumi gave an awkward laugh, “I can’t— It’s uh— I mean, where are your friends?” So my best course of action was to just attack this poor girl!?

“They’re in class 2-B.”

“Why aren’t you with them?”

“Sometimes it’s nicer to be alone.”

“...Yeah, I know what you mean.”

Right after he said this their classroom door that was behind them opened and a black-haired boy with glasses came in.

“Oh, Katou-san, we’re waiting for you in the AV-room,” He said.

“Coming,” She responded.

The two walked out of the classroom together, “Who was that you were talking to?”

“Oh that—”

Their voices trailed off down the hallway.

Katsumi turned his attention back towards Saki and the others. Again back to the same place he started.

A few hours later he began his silent walk home. Past countless store fronts, that if he tried, he probably could count. Waiting for the train to pass at the railroad crossing. Waiting for a few traffic-lights, then past Brad.

“Brad? What’re you doing, I didn’t think you lived this way.”

“I don’t, but I had a question.”

“You followed me for multiple blocks to ask you a question.

“Nah, I was heading this way to see a friend when I saw you, so I thought I’d intercept you.”

What’re you, a fighter-jet? Such a weird way to phrase it. Doesn’t matter though. “So what’d you want?”

“It just stuck in my mind, who was that girl you were talking to?”

“Do you really notice everything!?”

“No, but it just stood out so much that I couldn’t help but notice.”

I can’t tell if that makes me the extremely weird one or him. “Uh— I think her name was Kato or something, why?”

“What’d she ask you?”

“She was saying something about how it's nice to be alone sometimes. Which is pretty true I think.”

“But then didn’t that boy come and walk away with her?”

Katsumi averted his eyes, “Yeah… is that all you wanted to talk to me about?”

“Yeah. I was just curious.”

More like sticking your nose in other people’s business.

“Anyway’s,” Brad said, “See ya.”

“...Wait! There’s actually something I needed to ask you too.”

“Hm?”

“We should uh— We should… Hangout sometime.” Oh my god that was terrible.

Brad stared at him for a second before bursting out in laughter.

Katsumi frowned.

“What are you asking me on a date!?” He kept laughing.

No… I just thought I should get to know you better… I mean like… Some of my friends already kinda do.”

“Sure, sure. I just don’t think the way you asked sounded right. It was like you were confessing.”

Katsumi didn’t even respond, he just turned and walked away.

From behind Brad called out, “Hey I’ll give you a call soon, okay!?”

Does he even have my number?

 

“Nara, what’d you say if I told you I got a date with a man?’

The phone she was scrolling slipped out of her hand and landed on her face.

“You know, like if I were to go out with a man?”

She jolted up from the couch, “Is that why you’ve never made a move on me!?”

“I think so…”

“What!?”
Katsumi smiled, “Nah I’m just fuckin’ with you.”

Nara took in a few deep breaths and laid back down, “The scariest part is I kinda believed ya’.”

“You really think I’m gay?”

“I mean with the way you carry yer’self and walk, yeah.”

“There’s something wrong with the way I walk!?”

Nara grinned.

0