Assault Pt.3
324 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guildmaster!" The wheezed shout could barely be heard over the sound of battle. My eyes lit up at the sight of a scraggly boy, barely old enough to grow hair, hunched over, arms and legs trembling with fatigue, sweat pouring off his brow, carrying a spear of blackened metal on his back.

I sprinted to him, relieving him of his burden just in time as he collapsed to the cobbled road, his chest heaving for air. "Well done." I told him, a tired smile splitting his lips from the comment.

The cool metal of the Ebony spear was comforting as I spun to face the beast who'd nearly cost me my life. Instinct took over as I fell into the stance I'd used a thousand times before, spear in hand, knees bent. I waited for the perfect moment, only having one shot at this, but my patience was rewarded, and I didn't hesitate.

My instincts carried me, moving before I realized it. My legs kicked off the ground, sprinting forward "HAA!" My arm whipped forward, and with a shout, the spear was released with blinding speed.

A moment later, a deafening roar shook the very earth, shattered glass, and threatened to burst my eardrums as the spear found purchase.

* * *

I watched the short exchange, confirming my suspicion, that Arya was far stronger than her appearance would suggest. Of course she would have to be for her rank to have any legitimacy, but what I witnessed was proof of that. The weight of the spear, which the boy could barely shoulder, was wielded by her as if it weighed nothing, easily hefting it with one arm. It was only when I watched her stance shift that I understood she had been the one to ground the Dragon earlier, something I should have expected, but had not for whatever reason.

The spear, like a bolt of blackened lightning, struck true, causing the Dragon to release a wail of agony as it's flesh was punctured like a sheet of paper, and half the spear sank in the Dragon's chest where it's scales had been destroyed by repeated assaults. Unfortunately, Arya's aim must have been off as the 40 tons of walking, snarling Death didn't keel over from an injury to it's heart.

Still, the Dragon continued to rampage, and at this point it truly was blinded by fury. In the beginning of the fight, it had displayed some measure of strategy, but as the wounds accumulated on it's body, and more blood was lost, it had slipped further and further into Rage.

It used it's bulk to smash buildings, it's tail whipping about to strike anything within range, and it's claws rending stone and flesh alike.

A lucky arrow managed to catch it in the eye, causing it to once more release an ear-shattering roar. It either failed to maintain the Lightning Cloak, or it was redirecting the energy, because in the next instant, the familiar visual cue of it's Lightning Breath was witnessed. The arcs dancing across it's frame concentrated within it's chest, traveled up it's bulging throat, and into it's mouth where it was discharged as a continuous stream of plasma that the Dragon wielded like a 30 meter sword, whipping it's head to the side to inflict as much death and destruction as possible.

The archer who'd managed the eye-crippling shot, wasn't fortunate for long as a hail of Lightning was directed his way. If not for my timely intervention, he would've been just another unrecognizable pile of ash scattered in the wind right about now.

I Blinked in front of the poor bastard, My Mana pouring from me as I threw up as many Arcane Barriers as I could manage in the short period between the Dragon's channeling and it's attack. The Lightning Breath struck the Barriers, disintegrating almost as quickly as I could make them. Almost.

The Dragon staggered, appearing drained of energy, and just barely managing to remain upright. I got the sense that it was only able to stay standing on Willpower and Pride alone. I thought that was only proper. It had picked this fight, and it was almost certainly going to die here. The least it could do was die with it's Pride intact, refusing to fall into the dirt.

{Finish me, Great One.} It's deep voice rang in my Mind. I didn't question how it knew my identity, Dragons recognize eachother on instinct, seeing the truth of one's Race easily.

I didn't hesitate to honor it's request, Blinking atop his head, and driving Fuji through his skull. With it's brain irreparably damaged, the Dragon finally collapsed, throwing up a cloud of ash generated from the lightning striking the earth repeatedly.

When the thin ashen cloud settled, the gathered Hunters released howls, roars, and whoops of excitement and relief. Dozens had died today, but the spoils of victory for those still alive would be great - the corpse of a Dragon, no matter it's size, age, or power when alive, were all very precious, and very valuable. For a moment, my Greed began to creep up, desiring to store the carcass within my Pocket Dimension for myself, but I managed to suppress the urge, my Pride not allowing me to take more than I've earned.

A piercing whistle somehow managed to be heard overtop the boisterous celebrations, causing them to die almost immediately, with only a few joyous individuals continuing to laugh and dance about, but eventually even they too seemed to congregate towards Arya, the whistle blower. Heh.

"Well done. All of you." She says, catching my eye for a moment, before flicking about towards the others. "With the town's top Hunters gone, we succeeded. I don't have to tell you how bad things could have gotten..." At that, her eyes came back to me, and so too did the eyes of every gathered Hunter. I inwardly preened under the attention and recognition, though I truly hadn't intended to become involved with the attack, it still felt incredible. Still, I merely nodded, attempting to remain outwardly cool.

"I think you all know the drill by now, so hop to it. First round's on me tonight!" The Hunters released another wave of celebratory roars, shaking what little remained of this side of the town as they began clearing sections of destroyed building, collecting the corpses of their fallen that hadn't been reduced to ash, and generally fixing up the area as best they could. "Ryu." My attention was called back to Arya, who seemed to be struggling to find her words. Eventually she closed her eyes and gave a big breath. I noticed how her hands balled into fists, and her jaw clenched before she said "Thank you, Ryu. I'll do what I can, but-" She pauses, almost appearing ashamed as her head lowers and her eyes evading my own. "-the town can't afford the services of an Archmage. If you would not mind I can-"

"Arya." I interrupt, wholly unamused with the situation. "Look at me." I tell her, but her head remains lower so I say again, more forcefully. "Look at me." This time she listens, her eye meeting mine. It was plain to see how her Pride was wounded, how she hated groveling before another, and how little she wished to be in this situation. "We have only known eachother for a short time, but do I really strike you as the kind of person to care about such... trivial matters?"

I waited for a while, but she didn't respond, causing me to sigh. "I'm an Archmage, and you evaluated me as Gold-Rank." I saw her grimace, and look away for a split second. "Do you truly believe, that if I cared about status or wealth, I would have allowed you to rate me so lowly?"

She wasn't entirely convinced, but I felt that she was nearly there, so I pulled out my trump card - Fuji. "Do you know what this is?" I asked her, and I watched her eyes study the blade, her brows furrowing in concentration and confusion.

"A finely crafted blade." She responded after ten or so seconds.

"This is Fuji, the Energyforged Dragonite blade crafted by Minato Matsumoto, One of twelve legendary swords." I drop the bombshell of a fact on her head, causing her to blink blankly before her eyes widened and she looked back at the sword. "Fuji is worth more than a kingdom." I say, causing Fuji to mentally kick me and say, 'I'm worth a hundred kingdoms, Master!'

I finally managed to get through to her, and for a moment I had to wonder why I was even trying so hard, but as I looked at Arya, I realized it was because I wanted her. She was unlike Sephillia, who had all but thrown herself at me, begging me to enslave her, and unlike Fuji who would trade anything to meet her 'True' Master. She would be the first woman I pursued, who had no reason to be with me, and who I had almost nothing to offer.

She was an Onyx-ranked Hunter, and should certainly be independently wealthy or at least capable of becoming wealthy should she choose to. She was more powerful than the majority of Humanoids. She had prestige and status as a Guildmaster. Her life was about as comfortable as could be, and there was not much I could offer her. Regardless, she ticked a lot of my boxes, and I very much wished to bed her eventually, though I could tell it would not be anytime soon, unfortunately.

Arya breathed a sigh of relief at that, saying, "Thank you, Ryu." which I waved off nonchalantly.

"So long as you never attempt to cheat me, Arya, we will have no issues." Were my parting words. I was sure she had more important matters to oversee as the Guildmaster than chatting with me.

* * *

Her lustrous black locks obscured her face as she bowed at the waist. Her physique was altogether smaller than I'd imagined, but that only served as fuel for my lusty thoughts. I imagined the small slip of a girl panting and writhing beneath me in the sheer white chemise she wore, that left very little to the imagination. Her slender tail curiously wound itself around her left thigh, and I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that. She was silent as I studied her, and I found myself amused by the occasional, seemingly involuntary, twitches of the two cat ears atop her head.

I had found myself returning to the Golden Shackle as soon as the festivities had ended, and immediately requested the Neko. Alexander had happily agreed, setting the two of us up with a private meeting room after subtly stressing their would be 'consequences' should I take 'liberties' before an agreement could be reached.

"What is it you wish to acquire by selling yourself as property?" I asked the Neko girl.

"A worthy Master whom I can give myself to in my entirety, all that I am, and all that I will be, to own me for as long as either of us may draw breath." Her eyes remained locked on the wooden floor, unwilling to, for whatever reason, look at me as she spoke in a lovely voice.

My nostrils flared at the proclamation, and what a lovely one it was too, as a thousand thoughts passed through my Mind in an instant. She could not have possibly been more clear in her desires - she wished to owned, to be possessed by another, to serve in any capacity required of her. I desired her, lusted for her, but more than that I wished to fulfill HER desires, to own her, to break her, and build her up again as one worthy of being MINE.

"It's considered quite rude not to look at the one you're addressing." I tell her, no playfulness in my voice, but a hint of it on my face.

She shudders, immediately straightening her back to face me. Her jade-like eyes were far more radiant than a picture could portray, and the soft cuteness of her facial features should have been criminal.

Her lovely eyes meet mine as she opens her mouth to speak, but I do so before she can make a sound. "How exactly does one prove themself 'Worthy', in your eyes, to become your Owner?" I ask, skipping straight to the heart of the matter.

* * *

===Author's Note===

Aaaand done! If the fight seemed short, underwhelming, and disappointing that's because it was supposed to be, for reasons you'll learn next chapter.

Leave a comment or review! Tell me what you think!

* * *

9