Chapter 9: The Curse
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As the door opened, the wind chimes rattled and the girl, Tala, and their Pokémon entered the store. The lighting in the dessert shop was dim, and there was a candle on every table.

" I'm back!!" The girl called.

An elderly man sitting behind the counter put down the newspaper and glanced at his partner beside him. The partner knowingly solved the illusion.

From Tala's point of view, a strange wave suddenly appeared behind the counter, and the next moment, an old man and a Pokémon appeared in front of them.

The purple Pokémon next to the old man has a head shaped like a magician's hat with four protrusions on the back, and three red gems inlaid on its body, named Mismagius.

The old see the two and raised an eyebrow " Welcome back, Venla." the old man said, " It looks like you bring a friend with you."

"Mismagi." Mismagius nodded, her eyes glowing with blue light.

As the two girls seat at the table, two dishes of Rawst berry cake float in the air toward them.

"Help yourself, our Rawst Berry is the second-best in our shop!!" Venla said proudly as she take a big bit. Tala nodded thankfully to Mismagius for the cake, and take a bite, her eyes glinted " Wow! This is really good." she said happily.

"I'm glad you like it ." Venla said grinning, and blinking at Tala " Oh yeah, I remember that I want to bye the Combee cake, how much do you want?" she asked.

Tala smiled softly " I need ten Combee cakes please." she said as a question flashed over her mind, so she asked, " Do you know the location of Nightwing Gym?" she gave Venla a sheepish smile " I am worried about I will be lost in the dense fog, do you know the way?"

"Nightwing Gym...?" an odd look appears on Venla's face " You mean the Pokemon gym?" she asked.

Tala nodded slowly, she did not understand the look on Venla's face " Is there something wrong?" she asked curiously.

" Well..." said Venla, leaning forward on the table wanting to speak next to Tala's ear " Do you know the curse at Nightwing Gym?" she whispered.

Tala started at Venla horribly "Curse!?" she said surprised and shake her head " I never hear about it, what it is?" she asked.

"The last Gym leader is called Gingko, he also has the best gym leader in Dongyao Region." Venla starts to tell the story, Tala didn't fount out that Gingko is the one her mission needs to give it to.

She listen carefully "Gingko's responsibility as a gym leader is to challenge and teach trainers, even Gingko is no exception, but three years ago on July 3rd, Gingko accepted the challenge of a trainer with white hair and purple eyes, but disappeared at the end of the game..."Venla spoke in a terrifying tone, but Tala looked puzzled instead. "What about the curse?" she asked, puzzled.

"Don't need to be rushed, almost there..." said Venla to appease the listeners " Neither his neighbors nor friends and relatives saw the Gym leader again, and the Gym was closed. But on July 3rd every year, people can hear the mourning of him and his Pokémon near the cemetery, but whenever someone goes in to investigate, they find that there is no one at all but there are a lot of suspected scorch marks..." at the end, Tala could hear the shivering in her voice, but Tala still didn't know where is the affrights part.

Venla saw Tala's disapproval and explained seriously, "People who have seen the traces and heard the wailing say that they will have a nightmare of being defeated for a whole week when they go back, and many people have given up being a trainer because of this. Isn't it scary! !" She trembled slightly, she can't help looking left and right, then she remember that she was at home; Venla unwind.

But Tala still can't figure out the horror of this matter. First, the missing Gym Leader can be said to be because he went to practice, and it just happens to appear on July 3rd every year.

Second, the so-called wailing may be because he met a strong enemy. And the last "Nightmare of the Week" actually she didn't think it was a nightmare, maybe it was an unknown Pokémon? Thinking of this, Tala got a little excited, she wanted to see it, but before that...

Gingko seems to be the target of her mission...Is that mean she has to solve the curse problem!? She lay on the table and thought listlessly, it seem like it will be a long way from her completion of the task...

Venla was puzzled by Tala's depression and turned around to ask Mismagius to prepare the Combee Cakes that Tala needed.

She knew that Tala couldn't get rid of Nightwing Gym, so as a friend she could only give support after warning.

Venla sighed, although those people are just having nightmares, who knows if there is an accident that she doesn't know about, not to mention that Nightwing Town is closed in some ways...

The chat time is always quick, as the sun goes down outside the island Tala says goodbye to her new friend and heads to the supposedly closed Nightwing Gym with Venla's Pokémon Chandelure.

Venla looked at Tala who was leaving, then turned back to the store, and saw her grandfather with a thoughtful face. "Grandpa, is there something wrong?" she asked curiously.

Mismagius used Confusion to get a cup of afternoon tea suitable for the night for the big and small owners of this house, and then moved the cup to the old owner's hand, the old man clapped his hands "Gingko died three years ago!!" When she finished At that moment, Venla looked at him in disbelief "Huh!?" Venla asked in surprise "What did you say!?"

The old man patted the granddaughter on the head to calm her and said again "Gingko has passed away."

 

0