Chapter 7 – No time
44 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 – No time

The stupidity of mine reared its ugly head at last. After killing my third victim, police sniffed through the neighborhood like mad dogs. I wasn’t very careful about my actions, especially understanding that I didn’t have to. My backup plans would save me, anyway.

Still, I couldn’t believe how efficient these so-called friends of justice responded too late when it was me who needed help. Even though I knew how proficient these guys were, I still harbored hate towards them. Them… who wouldn’t hesitate to imprison me into hell! And them… who did nothing but watch because they were helpless against Daimon. I'm living in an unfair world.

“Hello, Sir. We are Q City Police. Sorry for our abrupt visit. We are here to ask some questions if you don’t mind.”

Here they were, casting me with a scrutinizing and pitying look. They scrutinized me to see my psychological state of mind (trying to catch any nervousness on my face) and pitied me because they knew my wife had just died. Hypocrite bastards! You slapped them in the cheek, and they would roar like a lion. Pummeled them with money, and they were quiet as a mouse.

My face became uglier than pot’s butt as I watched them drive away to another house. Well, I might badmouth them, but I’m still afraid when they will catch me. The thought of being raped became a nightmare I didn’t want to experience.

Though, I knew it was just a matter of time before they apprehend me if I’m slow.

I thought I had a lot of time to execute my plan. Too bad, a man proposed, but God disposed, and as a garbage, it served me right to be thrown. But as garbage, I only had my pride.

While I was arranging my things, the television switched to a news flash. Fuck! Look who was there? Daimon again! The hosts celebrated him as a hero. What a joke! Look at him: devilish eyes, a smirk, and broad shoulder. Anyone could see how demonic he was. True. He might look handsome because of these features, but his looks couldn’t hide the glint in his eyes. Maybe he was thinking of evil again. Why couldn’t others see it? Fuck, the hostess was salivating over him!

The reporter kept talking about changing the calendar to the cosmic calendar. Cosmic? What was that? She also mentioned the power of time and how it could affect society at large. Wow, big! But I still didn’t understand one bit! I didn’t like pain, hence during science class, I sleep through it so I’m sorry for lacking any understanding!

If it was before everything took place, I must say, these jargons they were declaring would sound cool. It would prompt me to join and invest in it, by hook or crook. But to myself now, it resembled a buzz in my head. Might as well turn off the television. I’m barely following what they were claiming, anyway.

Actually, I was just evading. No matter how much time passed, I was bound by my nature—jealousy, and no doubt, I craved to be starred like Daimon. Such power, intelligence… celebrated all over the world. It would satisfy me if they ever mentioned me on the tv, but he transcended that.

Shit! I ran with a backpack without looking back. My demon would continue to pester me if I didn’t do something. And understanding that I only have a short period, I might as well be done with it today.

However, looking at heavy security and the sky losing its color, sudden but heavy powerlessness sprang into my heart. My strength drained from my legs as I laid down on the grass, still believing that a minuscule hope was to sprout. Yet, the illumination of the stars and mansion told me the definite truth. It was impossible.

Clenching my fist, I fought the unsteady and heavy lids of my eyes as I peered, with a growling stomach and the vindictiveness of insects. Lights turned off, one by one - only rays of flashlights could be seen. This happened before. My wife and I thought it was a chance, rather, it was just a façade to hide the vicious men of Daimon.

“If no chance, then I will create a chance!” Even I didn’t recognize my voice at this moment. I spoke as if a demon from hell. This reflected my desperation.

But as I am feeling frantic, I saw a car exiting the mansion, wondering where it was going. At the same time, my phone vibrated. I frowned, wanting to ignore it, yet my hand automatically opened my phone. Maybe I wanted to check the contents, regardless.

It was from my friend-cum-not anymore. Bloodshot eyes widened at this instant. The chance I was waiting for had appeared!

“Party at Q Hotel. Midnight, wear something good. Daimon’s celebration.”

The speeding car remained in sight. I growled in happiness before laughing my lungs out!

3