Chapter 9 – Party
42 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 – Party

Politics was really a field filled with snakes and crocodiles, wasn’t it? Just look at the father. Her daughter flinched and squirmed, being groped by filthy hands and yet he smiled ear to ear while watching. Such a thick face and greedy heart, this kind of people I would call deplorable.

As for the bastard, I pressed down my urge to rip his face off! Devilish face? Ptui! It needed stomping before skinning it layer by layer!

Daimon!

The grand system called the government trained a bunch of thieves and murderers under the disguise of righteousness. This guiled people to choose which of these despicable maggots will be the next to reign terror over them. People had to believe this so-called government (all sorts of needs and protection). Thus, it was difficult to even sever a finger of this behemoth because people were the reason the latter existed in the first place.

Poverty made one clutch in invisible beliefs like they were ropes, despite knowing they didn’t have any hold on it! Even religion… And in spite of having their heads getting smack over and over again, they still wagged their tail. Such a life of a commoner.

Rich continued to be rich. Poor became poorer. And authorities would hold more power! This was the truth, yet people evaded this as if it wasn’t. They just assumed light would prevail without knowing that darkness had already taken over. Their lives… weren’t theirs anymore. No matter how booming social media was, they could only slap one cheek, but they won’t be able to hurt any of these thieves due to how thick their faces were, right!

Not that poor would be poor all the time. I was an example. Daimon was another. Both of us reached such a stage because of our abilities, hard work, and luck. But while I seek power and riches, I had no doubt I would feel disgusted using the poor for my machinations.

Unlike myself and my wife, Daimon lacked any empathy. I saw him trash someone just because he didn’t like the other’s appearance. Asking him only led to a disappointment as he disposed of the man almost the instant he was done. How could a low reason cause him to act like that? Heh, he said he only likes beautiful faces. Sure enough, women couldn’t escape from his grasp either.

He acted like a gentleman at the first meeting. As I’ve said before, I wasn’t handsome, so in no words, I am beautiful as well (gays and convicts would love me because of my body). That was why I felt intense jealousy at how he treated my wife back then.

But I couldn’t act nor want to because he didn’t flirt with her (just exceptionally gentle with her) and I had to swallow my feelings because I was being greedy. At least, there was no touching back then.

But I shouldn’t have sighed in relief too soon because of momentary respite, he cobbled us, husband and wife, together anyway.

My wife wasn’t able to get pregnant anymore. We both longed for a baby, but it turned into a disaster. My wife couldn’t handle such news and because of it, she wasn’t able to help me with our business. And I, who was born a loser, couldn’t even manage a single business, much less the entire enterprise.

The tests gave me enough information to understand. She got drugged, and it resulted in her permanent infertility. Who else besides that bastard could do it? He was with us a lot. Yet, someone else got the shortest stick. Cameras, pieces of evidence, and testimonies… everything seemed diverted away from that asshole!

No matter what, I still believed it was him. Especially when I was watching his back. He paused and half-turned. I could see a small smile creeping on his face before he strode away.

Gnashing my teeth, my thoughts spiraled into confusion as I wondered why he would do such a thing. Did I provoke him somehow? I already wagged my tail in earnest for him! Didn’t I grit my teeth while watching him talking happily with my wife? I even lost many times in our gambling games just so he could have a lot of fun!

While observing him, I stuffed myself with every food I could reach. I barely have eaten these past few days. Even though I knew it was a wrong move, I still couldn’t stop my tongue from reminiscing about the old days. I had a life like this once!

An ugly expression emerged on my face. Once again, I regretted fighting against Daimon.

Just look at him. He was red from too much alcohol. His arms snaked around the women whoring themselves. Then look at me, how miserable!

I drenched myself with cool sparkling juice, waking the motors inside my skull. Terrible. It was disgusting watching him. It would be better if I just kept a note of his presence and stuffed myself. After all, the party didn’t seem to end any sooner.

Maybe, my talent kicking in. Even though I was just staying at the corner, Daimon couldn’t hide from me no matter where he goes. Thus, the moment he wobbled his way out to the parking lot, I was already following him. I took out something from my pocket, producing a glint.

2