Chapter 73 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (1)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (1)

Red dragon. Grey dragon. Brown dragon. I even thought I completed the seven colors of the rainbow by hunting every dragon I met.

I made myself numb from killing. It was my way of escaping. If I took enough blood maybe those surreal eyes would be washed away.

In this way, all the potential dangers got solved with the help of my teammates even before they happened.

The power of chaos grew stronger each day and my job became apparent. It was really important. It was a repetitive job of killing agents of chaos and saving civilians.

But I had a huge hole in my stomach. No matter what I did, I couldn’t fill the hole and by only following orders I could distract myself from it.

It led to my frustrations. I started hating myself because I was torn. Was I really saving the world? Did shedding blood can be the only way?

I finally married Karen. But the sweetness of marriage became short-lived.

My friends also began to estrange themselves from me.

The people who gave my tasks seemed to be the villains in my eyes. But the dragons who sought destruction were more human-like.

In fact, I even saw some dragons who did nothing but exist as a source of terror. Because of human fear, I had to kill them.

Slowly, the faces of who I should protect became blank.

I felt so exhausted. Too tired. I couldn’t even feel my existence anymore. Was I still the same Simon?

I’d been following their instructions because society deemed it as right and just.

But if I listened and observed closely, I could perceive how much damage humans were inflicting on the world.

On average, a dragon would kill a dozen of humans before being satisfied. But humans massacred millions for the sake of their greed. They invented things that destroyed the environment’s natural beauty.

Land, money, power, and women. Humans followed these quadruplets of words as their greatest philosophy. They even hailed it to the extreme. Similar to God’s power.

But compare to these nonsense words, the emotions reflected in the dragons’ eyes… seemed greater and holier!

I felt an intense intimacy with their feelings. It was hard to hate them.

1