Chapter Zero: Prologue
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*********

******

***

[ Year 2033 ]

The night breeze was cold and small beeps could be heard at the front door of a small apartment. A few seconds later, the door opened and a tall burly male walked in, dropped the bags he had in his hands on the floor, then closed the door behind him.

"Ah so cold. If Mrs. Jiang was here she would have made hot cocoa or tea by now." The male flailed off the shoes on his big feet as he removed the beanie on his head and the jackets he wore, before running to his room in his white socks and plopping himself on the bed. The latter creaked in pain due to the weight of the muscular man who just threw himself at it.

Unfortunately for the it, this man couldn't care less with his black elbow-length hair scattered around his pillow while he shuffled himself under the blankets trying to find a comfortable position. Not long after finally finding one, his phone that was far from reach began to ring- indicating that he'd received a notification.

"Hhhaaah" with a sigh, he got down from the bed and sluggishly walked over to the table where his phone was placed before picking it up in annoyance and returning back to his soft oasis.

Tapping on the screen, he found what had caused his phone to ring out and interrupt his lovely alone time. It was a message from an unknown number which read:

[ Hello hello Rin Rin!! (^o^), tomorrow's your birthday right? ]

[ Well although it's sad to say that I wouldn't be there, I've decided to give you a present that would surely help you in the future^_^. I made it myself heheh ]

[ You'll receive it at exactly 12:00pm tomorrow. If you're not there at exactly that time, you'll miss it ah :-\ ]

[ Anyways, happy birthday in advance! ^o^ ]

[ love, £#¢&€¡#?¥¿$ ]

.

.

Baffled by the unknown identity of the person, he tried to reply but was met with a message everytime relaying that the number did not exist.

How was that possible when they'd just sent him a message a few minutes ago?

Arin Jeager, who was already dead tired, decided to just shrug it off as a network problem and went to sleep- thinking it was one of his coworkers who wanted to 'play' with him again.

.

.

.

****12:00****

[12 hours to go]

1