Chapter Four: Fa Fa Fa Fa
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***************

***********

******

   When the apocalypse occurred in the novel, apart from the people and animals who gained abilities, many objects suddenly gained abilitiess too. It didn't matter what they were. Some abilities were strong, some were weak, some were useful and some seemingly useless.

   Right now, Arin was looking out the open window of the bus at the clouds which looked so close like he could touch them if only he could reach out his hand. He'd sold his house and decided to leave for a safer place. Knowing he might never return, he couldn't help but reminisce his time there.

With a sigh, he turned his head and saw the child seated next to him covered in popcorn and a smile on her face. This made him remember his fun and happy childhood days with his parents and siblings before his father ran away with another woman and their family fell apart. This also lead to Arin remembering even more memories he would like to forget ever existed.

"I wonder what they're doing right now" he thought of his siblings and wondered where they were and what they've become.

[Ding! Skill 'Locator' has been acquired (F) ]

[function: Allows user to locate whatever has been tagged by them no matter where they are.]

Arin slowly blinked twice as he read this, questioning if the skill was acquired because of his thoughts. Now the problem he faced was this 'tagging' which he didn't know how to do, so he scrolled around the status bar trying to see if he could find anything on this.

Luckily he could control the screen with his mind, if not, Arin felt he would have recieved a lot of weird stares if people saw him poking the air. He probably would have needed to leave the matter until he got to a more private place. After all if he went to the bathroom, he couldn't stay there till the end of the trip now could he? And in case he was searching frequently, he couldn't keep going to the bathroom over and over either.

'It would have been nice to be able to use my phone in place of the status at times like that'

At that thought, a [Ding!] sound wafted through his ears and a message appeared in front him.

[Ding! Hardware Function has been requested]

[Ding! Hardware Function has been installed]

[Connection established 100%]

With that, he felt his phone vibrate and checked it, only to find the same message on his phone plus another notification which read:

[DO YOU WISH TO USE REMOTE CONTROL?]

Seeing the 'yes and no' options on his screen, he decided to give it a try and tapped the ['Yes'] button. Now he could control the status and system on his phone, with his mind or through tapping the invisible screen which would make others think he was weird or having a mental issue.

"Is this because I thought of it too?" Arin mumbled to himself as his eyes blinked in amazement. 'Then... How nice it would be to be able to turn back time' after this he stared back at his phone waiting...

... And waiting,

... Awaiting a notification that never came.

'oh well, worth a shot'.

  After a twelve hour drive, the bus finally halted in the fine lands of H city. Arin stumbled out of the bus and had a long stretch before heading straight to the hotel he'd already booked a day before.

He wanted to get enough rest for what he was going to do the next day.

*********

.

.

.

.

**********

[Six weeks later...]

   Right now in a cozy apartment located in the middle of H City, a 1.9 tall burly man is sleeping in yellow daisy patterned pajamas peacefully tucked under a pink blanket with only his closed eyes and his long black hair showing themselves. Arins eyes twitched before slowly fluttering open. Large hands flung off the pink blanket revealing the matching socks and pJs. "Haaaaaa- Cough! Cough! Cough!"

*sniff*

*sniiiffff*

Feeling his head throbbing in pain and the heat from inside his body, coupled with the sniffing and the heavy rain he ran under yesterday, Arin could some what guess what's going on. "Ah I knew this would happen, stupid rain, I hope all your clouds fall out."

While walking to the table to take the cold medicine he'd bought in preparation for this, from the corner of his eye he saw flecks of white falling from the sky. 'What the- are the clouds really falling out?' He quickly walked to the window, opened it and stretched out his hands. "Oh, thank goodness. It's not cloud it's snow."

"...."

"Right now?"

"In the middle of my fever?"

"Are you kidding me?"

  Angrily slamming the window shut, he went to the kitchen to make as much spicy food as he could. He wasn't going to let this fever last long, not at this time.

Although, the thought of the fever being a zombie fever crossed his mind, he immediately shrugged it off.

It wasn't time for that yet.

* * *

    In the low span of an hour, a lot of spicy dishes were placed on the table- more of which were then hoarded into his inventory. While eating, he picked up his phone to check the calendar.

Only less than a month left.

He then opened his inventory to check his progress. From the time he arrived in Tengen, he'd hoarded quite a lot of things, after all, money wasn't an issue since he took a lot of loans from different banks and micro finance companies. 'It's not like they'll have the leisure to look for it in a few weeks time heheh. Money by then would be nothing but useless paper.'

[ Ding! ]

[ Inter-dimensional trade function is now available! ]

[ Would you like to open the trading centre? ]

[ Yes/No ]

"Puuuu!! Cough cough! The trade center is open?!"

After accepting the offer, the screen went blank for a few minutes before brightening up again. This time the screen showed what seemed to be a homepage with the words [ ID TRADING CENTRE ] written boldly in gold at the top. Lei feng shoved an extra spicy hot szechuan beef in his mouth as he browsed around. The trade centre wasn't limited to just weapons or mystic artifacts alone; clothes, food and even entertainment could be traded.

Seeing the trade button gleaming with a golden hue, Arin casually following the procedures moved a spicy dish from his inventory into the trading center in the 'Trade By Barter' section. He didn't know what currency the normal sections would use so he decided to use this way instead.

   After that, he scrolled through the other things put in this same section. While scrolling, he halted when he saw a glowing clear blue bead put up for bartering. He almost chocked as he got up abruptly, causing the chair he was siting on to fall over.

"... Is... isn't this a behemon bead?"

A behemon bead. After the rifts opened during the apocalypse, different behemon beads flowed into the earth. Though rare, one bead could become a monster, devoted to the one who finds and nurtures it.

One of these beads belonged to one of the major villains, Kai.

That bead became a large seven headed hydra- a level six phantom beast.

1