Chapter 35: A New Path (Part 1)
155 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kayden and Serena had both chosen one crate each from the three crates and were currently sitting on them while facing each other as they got ready to continue their conversation on how to move forward now that they had resolved the issues in their relationship with each other.

“Master—” Serena began, but Kayden immediately cut in and interrupted her.

“No. No. Oh, please, don’t. Stop calling me that. Just keep calling me Kayden like you have always done. I’m still not used to all this master and subordinate stuff,” he said while shaking his head and motioning with his hand.

She nodded, the corners of her lips curling up slightly. “Alright. Thanks for your consideration…Kayden.” Then she continued and asked, “I know—from what you said before—that you want to travel around the country after you leave this place, so I would like to know something. Do you have any particular destination in mind to visit during your journey?”

At this point in their conversation, a much more cheerful and slightly flirty smile had begun to play on her lips as she seemed to have recovered somewhat from her previously-depressed state, and so, she had finally also regained her original playful personality.

Kayden answered, “That’s correct. And thanks for reminding me about that. Yeah, I really need to get going right now and continue on with my journey.” He paused, and looking her straight in the eyes, he gave a playful and flirty wink and asked, “Would you like to come with me? I won’t mind the company. And although I still don’t understand this whole master and subordinate business, I’m getting the sense that you might want to accompany me on my journey. I’m right, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, you’re right. I will come with you. And yeah, I have also noticed that you seem to be lacking a lot of knowledge about a lot of things—especially knowledge related to your own powers.” Serena said.

Then she grabbed Kayden’s right hand, taking it in her hand, and raised it up to their eye level in front of them in order for the both of them to observe the black metal armor that was covering and protecting his lower arm.

As she observed the black metal armor on Kayden’s lower arm lose its solid form, dissolve, and seep back under his skin into his arm, she continued, “I have realized that you don’t seem to be aware of or know about many of your own abilities. You also don’t seem to have any control over any of the abilities that I had seen you use since when we first met and while we were traveling together right up until now.”

Kayden lowered his arms—that had now returned to their normal appearance—and pulled his sleeves down over them to cover his arms. “Yeah, you are right. I was suddenly reawakened prematurely by Skynet in that underground lab some hours ago—most likely because of the attack of the Resistance fighters on the Skynet Core facility. And because of that unplanned reawakening and because of the sudden invasion of the Resistance forces, Skynet only had enough time to tell me about my life’s purpose and my role and status as its chose heir before it had to leave to fight and take care of the Resistance’s invasion of its facility. Unfortunately for me, it did not have enough time to upload the memory archives that contained the information about my abilities, powers, capabilities, and the other useful and important knowledge that it had planned to give me.”

Kayden decided to tell Serena some truths and open up a little to Serena and be a little honest with her as she seemed very experienced in Skynet and the machines’ matters. She seemed like she would be a good source—a fountain of information—for him, and she might be able to explain what had happened to him and what Skynet had done to his body.

He continued, “So, do you want to come with me on my journey? I’m a little embarrassed to admit to you that I still don’t even know about all the abilities, not talk of me also knowing how to control these powers and use them both effectively and efficiently.” He gave a small laugh like he was embarrassed. He wanted to test, see, and find out how Serena would react now that he had admitted his lack of knowledge about his powers. “You can say I’m not that much to talk about as the self-proclaimed all-powerful heir to Skynet if I do say so myself, right? But there’s actually a good reason for this. Through no fault of my own, my past memories are also missing—blank. That is the reason why I want to travel around, all over the country, for some time and, while doing so, I hope to slowly learn things about the current world, how the world works, and what’s happening in the world. I will also try to learn about, figure out, and hopefully, uncover all the powers I now possess, which Skynet has blessed me with, and I will hopefully be able to slowly manage to learn and master how to control and wield effectively.”

Serena nodded. “Mm. I see,” she muttered. “You do have a lot to learn from what I have seen and judged. A large portion of the knowledge, which you should have, is missing. Even the wireless communication link we have just created between us seemed to be something you did unconsciously and involuntarily, kind of like a reflex action on your part.”

She slowly tapped on her crate as she organized her thoughts. “In order for you to have been chosen by Skynet to be its heir, Skynet must have built and modified your body to be very strong and powerful, and it must have also granted you many useful and powerful abilities—as befits someone whom he had chosen as its heir. And since I already know all these, you don’t have anything to worry about. There are so many things I can teach you that will make you learn and master your abilities. There are also many tests and training that we carry out and use to uncover and figure out what all these powers and abilities are. But we can do all of those on the way, during our journey. But if you don’t mind, I have a suggestion for you that might provide some information about your hybrid powers and maybe even your past and what happened to you in the past and how you were made.”

*****

Thanks for your support on Patreon:

Turtle, DJOK DJOK, heller8284

***

Check out my Patreon to support me: At www.patreon.com/Kendrix 

I am now posting extra 'Terminator: New Fate' prequel chapters, character backstories and side stories, and chapters from my new original novel 'The Last Primordial Exarch' on my Patreon.

8