To the Death
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It lifted its long dangly arm up and over its head before it began to smack downward. I couldn't move. I was frozen in fear. "Crack!" I smashed into the ground digging a long furrow into it. The only reason I was alive was because of the Shield spells, one on my cloak and the one I had cast personally. The one I cast had shattered on impact with the giant's hand. My cloak took the brunt of the ground. Without my recent increase in power, I would be dead.

The Giant took one long step forward and looked down at my beaten and broken form. It began to lift its foot upward before stepping toward me. Scrap was sending me pulses but I couldn't make them out with my barely conscious mind. I felt the ground around me pull me from the giant's foot. I felt the impact of the stomp from where I lay feet away. Scrap had used earth mold to move me out of the way. But his power wasn't strong enough to keep up the spell forever. I was barely able to send a pulse to scrap. "Base" I pulsed to him.

Suddenly the ground shifted again but this time I was shooting off towards the base.

                                "Beth"

The entire town had been evacuated to the center of town. I had gotten lucky and was able to climb up the highest tower in the center. There was room for about a hundred people to observe the fight past the wall. A lone figure melted and incinerated monster after monster. But I wasn't interested in that I wanted to know if Alex was ok. I'd only known him for a day. But it was one of the best days of my life and I wanted to go out again.

Suddenly a cheer went up around me. I refocused on the battle. The figure had killed the last monster a cyclops. The figure lowered to the ground and seemed to take a breather. I was happy that we had one but something felt off about it. The ground shook a little. Then suddenly standing over the figure was a massive Giant bigger than are walls and holding a tree-sized club. It clubbed downwards with great speed. The figure seemed to sense it coming and sped off the ground.

It quickly turned around but seemed to freeze when it saw the giant standing over it. I couldn't blame it. I was quaking in my boots and I was far away from the giant. The giant lifted its hand up and began to slap the figure. There was a loud smack sound before the figure was launched into the ground digging a long trench. I felt a shiver up my spine. Without the figure how would we survive against that thing?

I watched as the Giant lifted its leg to stomp on the figure when the ground moved it out of the way. Was it still alive? It didn't seem to physically be moving but it was far off and I couldn't tell. Suddenly the ground held on to the figure and it sped off away from the city. The giant roared in anger at its prey running. The giant began to launch itself after it.

Soon the beast became a spot in the distance. Everyone seemed to collectively let out a breath. We began to cheer, the figure had done it we had survived. We didn't know what it was but it had saved us all. But why did that cloak look so familiar?

                                "Scrap"

"No, no, no," I thought while dragging my master no, my friend away from a Giant bigger than anything I had seen in my admittedly short life. It was huge I would guess around 90 meters. Alex had passed out only 1 minute and 32 seconds ago. But we were almost to base. The mana dome was visibly from are position I would guess 2.5 miles from us. We were moving at approximately 60 miles an hour. So 1 more minute and we would reach it.

Unfortunately, the Giant was on our figurative tale. Only 60 meters from us and approaching fast. I needed to slow it down, but how? My mana capacity was maybe 1/16 that of Alex the only reason we could move right now was because I was absorbing and using the mana stone that Alex had around his neck. Thinking quickly I pulled the earth up unto a stone arch about 6 meters high.

The giant ran right into it, catching his 6-foot toes on the arch before tripping. The Giant fell quickly. We barely made it past his fall height. "That should buy us time," I thought.

The giant got up quickly but by that time we were safely in the dome. "Now what." I thought up a plan as fast as I could. I ordered the GGs and the earth golems to approach the wall and as soon as the Giant was in range start drilling it in the chest with their modified Pee shooters. The problem was that the shield would only last so long and the Pee shooters didn't have nearly enough power to do the Giant any harm.

I looked over at the enhance territory rune. "Hm maybe," I thought I ran over to the rune before cutting another rune onto the territory rune. This one was called plant mold and it was basically earth mold but with plants. I had snagged a bit of cone from a merchant. He claimed it was from redwood. He had gotten it when he traveled to California last spring. I had gotten it because I wanted to know what the redwood trees looked like and if they were as big as I had read.

"Well, no time like the present," I thought. Just as I finished carving the rune on the territory rune, The Giant made it to the barrier. "Bang!" it smashed its fist into the shield over and over. I knew it would only hold for approximately 53 seconds. I ordered the golems to lure the beast to the territory rune. They began shooting it. The beast stared at them and moved over to their side. the side of the Territory rune and started beating on the shield with renewed vigor.

"I needed to time this just right," I thought. Grabbing the rune I focused my mana on the generator. Because it was a network I could access anywhere it was connected. Dropping the cone onto the ground. I prepared to switch the generator's focus onto the enhance rune.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1," I switched the mana to the enhance territory rune. Trees sprouted upwards reaching the sky in seconds 10, 30, 50, and 80 meters up they began to slow. The giant shook out of the sudden confusion the trees had caused. It looked down and realized the barrier was down. A smile so wide it reached its ears formed onto its grotesque head. It was about to attack I wouldn't let it.

I grabbed control of the redwood trees forcing them to intertwine between the giant's limbs. It attempted to break the trees but it couldn't manage to. I knew that its capture was only temporary. I ordered the golems to focus their aim on the giants center.

I rushed over to Alex who was still unconscious. I bombarded him with pulses, He began to stir. "Huh what" I quickly sent him the plan I had made. His eyes gained some clarity. "A-are you sure," He said a little shaken by the giant's roars of anger. I nodded. He looked at me, and I could see his trust. "Ok," he said.

Alex pulled his staff out and flew up towards the giant's center. He had gained enough mana to unleash one more super spell before collapsing. Alex reached the center. I ordered the golems to stop attacking. The center was bloody and badly damage after constant abuse. But it wasn't enough. Alex sent me one more message. "Good luck Scrap" My body shook v silently "No," I thought.

Alex stabbed the staff forward just as he had done to the cyclops this time though his staff and arm reached all the way in. A bright light of heat lit up the entire sky. By the time the sky had cleared, I could see a giant hole in the Giant's chest. Alex was falling. Quickly I ordered the dirt golems to catch him. I could see that he was missing an arm.

1