Unbreakable Shield – Chapter 2 ( The Beginning part 2)
675 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the fuck is happening right now?? you ask “ the Morgan freeman cosplayer asked in a tone that radiated annoyance.

It was the tone that my parents often used when they were angry at me.

Ah good old trauma days.

My mind came to a halt.

wait.

Did this guy just read my mind?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything out loud.

"Yes, I read your mind. and for the last time I’m not a Morgan freeman cosplayer."

I’m what you humans call ROB or GOD.

The Morgan freeman you see on earth is just a small part of my consciousness that I sent to mingle with you people. To see the things, you humans are up to but so far you humans have been nothing but disappointments.

Harming each other and the environment you live in.

Killing the very universe you live in. Even when I showed you small visions of other worlds to a select few so you can learn something from those worlds. You, humans, took them for nothing more than animes or cartoons and disregarded them all together as fantasy.

"Wait.”

“Stop.”

“Stop.”

“Stop.”

“ Time out " I shouted basically shaking from excitement while making a T sign with my hands.

"You are telling me all the animes I watched are real????? like everything that happened in the anime actually happened in real life? "

" can I get a system  so I can travel to all the universes and become overpowered as shit?"

“isn’t this the legendary ROB moment in which I get reincarnated with cheats??"

he looked at me as if he saw a diseased animal.

"Yes, animes are real but with slight minor differences "

" And no.”

“ you can’t get a system or get cheats that will basically make you the top dog in whatever your universe you are born in" he said with a sigh.

" The normal procedure is to just remove your memories and put you back in the cycle of reincarnation."

"BUT YOU" he points at me angrily. His whole body shaking.

That would have been the case for people that died normally.

Living till their appointed time of death. you just had to play hero and get yourself killed.

you weren’t even supposed to be here in the first place but somehow you escaped from your fate and ended up dying earlier than you should."

"This has never happened since the start of life"

"What a mess" he grumbled

Beads of sweat were forming on my face.

When he started to raise his voice, it was as if I was being squished from all sides.

I had no doubt that I would have been a pancake if he had decided to stop any later than he did.

" So, what am I going to do now?" I asked warily.

Not wanting to piss off the all-powerful G O D like being in front of me.

I’m not sure if you can die after dying. I’m not going to take any chances when it comes to me being literally erased from existence.

As the great meme lord, Emiya Shiro said “People die if they are killed”

"Well, you can’t go back in the cycle of reincarnation in your universe. that would mess up the cycle even more than it is now" he replied with a sigh

"There are two ways we can do this. either I erase you from existence or we can reincarnate you in a random universe"

"let’s go with option two please" I answered quickly.

"It sounds like a much better idea than the first option"

"OH really? GEE. I wonder why. I guess if I destroy a soul, it would upset the life and death balance even further” G O D replied.

With that, he snapped his fingers, and all of a sudden there were three spinning wheels behind him.

"The first one will decide where you will be reincarnated into the second one will give you a random power from the multiverse.

It can be anything from regrowing your eyebrows to being able to bend all the elements to your whims. you can spin it twice.

Finally, the last wheel will give you a random power from the universe you are to be reincarnated in". explained G O D.

"So, what you are saying is its all luck-based?"

" Are you shitting my dick right now????"

I literally died because I had EMIYA level luck.

No slash that I have even worse luck than him. At least he managed to survive in most routes while I died from what arguably was a mob character at best. an NPC in capital letters.

"yes, it’s all luck-based"

"Don’t cry about it at least you will still have all your memories.

So, you would have some form of advantage even if you get shit powers"

" Unless you die before your memories awaken of course " G O D replied with a smirk on his face.

"Fine.......WAIT WHAT......."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN UNLESS YOU DIE BEFORE YOUR MEMORIES AWAKENS" I shouted out when I realized what he meant by it.

"It means exactly what it sounds like BOY and lower your tone before I decide to just destroy you"

"Consequences be dammed"

Immediately when he said that I shut my mouth.

Some might call me spineless or a coward.

To all that think that I would give them the middle finger with a very big fuck you. I would like to see them try and act all high and mighty in front of someone that views your existence as if it was a bacterium.

No, I was even less than that Infront of the big G

Quietly with my head hung down I whispered a small but audible no and started walking towards the spinning wheels.

Stopping in front of the wheel I took a good look at the thing that was going to dictate what world I was going to.

There were so many that I couldn’t even count them.

It was as if the wheel was divided into almost an infinite number of parts. The most notable ones were Marvel, DC, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and AOT.

None of which I want to be reborn in. Not because I don’t want to go there.

Of course, I want to go to those universes.  Anyone in my shoes would want to any one of those worlds except for maybe AOT.

Let’s be honest even if you get some power the chances of you being eaten by a titan is high. That world is just a no for me.

I’ll kill myself before I turn into a titan or be eaten by one if I get reborn there.

I don’t want to be some titan happy meal.

No Thank you.

I want to go to a normal and peaceful world like kurokono basket or horiyama. Somewhere where I don’t have to worry about being killed every single day. Unless I get really lucky with my powers, I don’t think I would be able to survive in any one of these worlds. Knowing my luck based on the current state of events. me getting some useful power would be a miracle in itself.

Taking a deep breath, I spun the wheel as hard as I could with my fingers crossed hoping that I would be spared from a world that could potentially make my next life a living hell.

Slowly the wheel started to slow down and I could see names going by, bleach, MHA, Tokyo revengers, Tokyo ghouls and so forth.

What seemed to be an eternity the wheel slowly seemed to slow down to a world called golden time.

It was a pretty generic romance anime from what I heard as I never chose to watch another romance anime after guilty crown.

However, it seemed as if I celebrated too early as the wheel came to a rest with one final push to a world that I was scared to death of going.

It was the anime where the dead come to life where people get slaughtered like sheep.

A place where overpowered aliens come down to kill everyone but most importantly it was the world where cold-hearted killers repent after being confronted by who was arguably the blond version of Jesus in that world.

Ofc I’m talking about the world of Naruto.

Just that there was one problem.

I was supposed to be reincarnated during the second great ninja war. One of the bloodiest times in the history of the elemental nations.

Letting out a sad sigh I moved on to the next wheel accepting my fate. I didn’t have high hopes, to begin with anyway.

What was it that MJ said in spiderman No Way Home “If you expect disappointment then you can never be disappointed.”

With all my strength I spun the wheel.

Looking at it in despair.

Just waiting for it to stop at some miserable power like making your eyes sparkle or regrow your hair. So, I could continue to depress over my godforsaken luck once more.

Deciding that I wasn’t going to torture myself. I closed my eyes waiting for the wheel to stop moving. After a minute or so I heard a faint creaking sound signaling that my first power was already decided.

Most people would have looked before spinning the wheel but not me. if I was going to be disappointed I might as well stack everything up. So ill end up miserable just once instead of multiple times.

I reached my hand forward to spin the wheel again. another minute passes before I heard the dreaded creak sound.

Nervously I opened my eyes dreading what I would see Infront of me.

The wheel was nowhere in sight.

Instead, there were two chests in its place.

Rather than rushing forward and opening the chests. I decided the spin the third wheel to see what power i could get from the Naruto universe.

I could see doujustues like byakugan and sharigan amongst bloodline limits such as blast release and wood release but these were like needles in a haystack.

For every useful bloodline limit, I saw dozens of useless abilities like frog eyes, elongated neck, snake scales and some weird thing called chakra fingernails.

After a hot minute trying to read everything on the wheel, I decided to just give up and spin the wheel once more just like I have done the previous three times.

However, this time I didn’t put as much force as i spun it.

Even then it didn't seem to make a difference how fast it spun.

I turned around and looked at Rob with questioning eyes.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that you just have to think about the wheel spinning. you don’t have to touch it or anything" he told me with a smirk.

.........................................

…………………………………….

My fists subconsciously balled. It was only the pain from having my nails dig into my skin that stopped me from sucker-punching the asshole.

I knew the bastard was lying.

He just watched me spin 4 times. He was just doing this to mess with me for ruining his grand reincarnation cycle.

Before I could say something, I heard a familiar creaking sound.

Slowly I turned around to see what it landed on. Wishing on my lucky stars if I had any that I would get something good.

To say I was absolutely blown away by what I got would be an understatement.

Words couldn’t describe how relieved I felt.

Sure, it wasn’t overpowered like the sharigan or wood style but in my humble opinion, it was almost up there along with them.

Of course, I was talking about the bloodline of the red headed demons of the elemental nations.

The clan of sealing masters that were often compared to tailed beast due to how massive some of their chakra reserves were.

what I got was none other than the Uzumaki bloodline.

Feeling good about myself I went towards the chests.

The first chest contained a piece of paper with the words basic One Piece physiology. while the second chest contained a fruit with swirls on it with another piece of paper in it.

I immediately recognized what the fruit was. It was a devil fruit.

A mysterious fruit that could be found in the world of one piece that gave whoever eats its special powers in exchange for the ability to swim.

It could be the power to transform into a dragon or make earthquakes with a single punch but it can also be some useless ability becoming a jacket or becoming a rat.

I picked up the paper to find out what the fruit was called.

Tears began to come down my eyes. my luck has finally turned around. After so much suffering and humiliation.

I can finally see myself surviving in the messed up universe of naruto.

The fruit in my hand was called barrier barrier fruit. while it was not as powerful as the quake quake fruit or a logia fruit like glint glint fruit.

It certainly was in a class of its own and I’m sure that I could bring out its maximum potential with my vast anime knowledge.

Ready to be off to my next adventure. I turned around and asked G O D the thing that was bugging me since I got the fruit.

" Does that mean I will lose all my powers if I’m in seawater?"

"No, while you will feel slightly weak in water and find learning water justues next to impossible there will be no other side effect cause of the chakra in your body. it is basically a bloodline limit that can be inherited by your offsprings." G O D replied.

"YEAAAAAH" I let out a shout of victory punching the air in celebration.

before I could do anything else I heard G O D say

"Good riddance now get out of here"

All I heard was a snap before darkness took over my vision once more.

16