Unbreakable Shield – Chapter 14 ( The fight part 2 )
248 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

FOX POV

*GYKKK*

I involuntarily let out a cough as I did a backflip in mid-air and landed on my feet at a safe distance away from the little menace.

“What is with that speed and strength?”

“It was as if I was hit by a small boulder” I thought to myself as I looked at the boy once more. This time using my sensory skills to find out what the boy was doing.

“So much chakra”

“It was like I was standing next to a blazing bonfire. A wild and untamed one.”

“DO YOU REALLY THINK I’M JUST GOING TO LET YOU STAND THERE” the boy shouted out as he ran towards me.

However, this time I was prepared for his attack. He might have been able to hit some of the weaker jonins with that speed But I wasn’t just any run of the mill jonin.

Unwilling to get hit again. I switched myself with a log using kawamari.

*crackle*

“oi oi oi”

“Waving your fist around like that is dangerous you know.”

“What if that hit my lovely face? “I shouted at him as I saw what happened to the poor log.

To say that it was destroyed would be an understatement. Wooden splinters were scattered all across the boy’s feet.

“ You won’t be able to do this for long ” I said to him as I figured out how he was able to achieve this superhuman strength.

Normally Ninjas who have an exceptionally high proficiency in chakra control were the only ones able to pull off feats of superhuman strength.

This is achieved by coating their body with a very thin film of chakra.

The third Hokages student, Tsunade Senju was a prime example of someone from this category.

Her feats of destroying the very battlefield she fights in with nothing but her fists were as legendary as her bad luck when it comes to gambling.

Last time I checked She has already earned a moniker, the Legendary Sucker in some parts of the elemental nation due to how bad she was.

The second type of ninjas who can pull off superhuman feats are known as Jinchuriki. Essentially human sacrifices used to house tailed beasts. Judging from everything I have seen so far , this boys attacks belonged to this category.

Instead of using minimal amounts of chakra like Tsunade would. This boy just uses overwhelming amounts of chakra to just destroy everything he hits.

However, this style of attack can only be sustained by jinchurikis who house beasts literally made out of chakra or freaks of nature like the first Hokage and the legendary Uchiha, Uchiha Madara.

While the boy certainly had huge chakra reserve that would even cause most of the jonin to go green with envy. It was still nowhere comparable to chakra powerhouses like the jinchiurikis and the first Hokage.

I could already tell that the boy was slowly becoming slower over time as he uses more and more chakra to strengthen his attacks.

ZEKE POV

*PANT*

*PANT*

“Ah I feel so tired.”

“He is right.”

“I can’t keep doing this for long. It feels like I’m running out of gas. “

“I don’t think I can beat him with just using my chakra cloak. I need to activate my damn devil fruit”

“But how do I do that?”

“It is about time I get to use it right? “

“Normally the devil fruit users in one piece can instinctively use the powers granted to them by their devil fruit.”

“Is it different for me because mine got changed in to a kekkei genaki?”

“Do I need to imagine a barrier forming in front of me?” I thought to myself.

Using the barrier fruit was the only way I can catch him by surprise.

Otherwise, the sly fox would do what he has always done. Run away around using kawamari to switch himself with logs every time I get close to him.

It’s almost like he is waiting for me to tire myself out.

No. Scratch that.

He is definitely waiting until I tired myself out.

“I’m not going to let him play me like a fiddle. I won’t allow it”

“It feels like I been dancing to his tune this entire fight”

“Not anymore. I’m not going to let some side character humiliate me like this”

“If I can’t get him head on then I’ll just have somehow catch him by surprise.” I thought to myself as I hit the ground with my fist, causing dirt and dust to envelop me.

Taking advantage of the smokescreen I made.

I grabbed some of the little rocks on the floor and threw them in the Anbus’s direction, hoping that it would distract him for a few seconds as I leaped behind a huge tree nearby to hide what I was about to do from his view.

“Now let’s see if this works” I thought to myself.

I imagined a small thick wall appearing in front of me.

A wall that would prevent anything from going through it.

A wall that would not shatter nor move no matter who attacked it.

A wall that would protect me from anyone that wished to attack me.

A defense that would one day rival great shields like Avalon and lord Camelot from the fate series.

One that could even withstand an attack from the most prized possession of the king of heroes, Gilgamesh. EA, The sword of rupture.

The sword whose attack Enuma Elish, is said to be able to even cut the entire planet apart.

Beads of sweat began to come down my forehead due to how concentrated I was.

5 seconds passed. Still, there was nothing in front of me.

“Did I fail?”

“Was this not how it was supposed to be?”

“Is it still too soon for me to awaken it?”

“How do other users awaken their kekkei genaki”

“AAAHHHHH”

“Why isn’t there a manual for this?” I thought to myself.

Frustrated by the lack of progress. I kicked one of the little pebbles on the ground causing it to fly into the air.

*TUDD*

“What was that?” I thought to myself, startled.

Curious about what just happened I bent down and picked up another pebble from the ground and threw it infront of me. Closely looking at what happened to it this time.

*TUDD*

I watched as the pebble fly into the air a few centimeters Infront of me only for it to bounce back after hitting what seemed to be virtually nothing

There was nothing in front of me. No distortions in the air. No shadows. Nothing that would prevent the pebble from flying forward until it hit the ground.

“Could it be..?” I thought to myself as I lifted my hand forward.

It didn’t take long before my hand was stopped by what especially seemed like an invisible wall of air.

“No way”

“It worked”

“It actually worked” I whispered with a satisfied smile on my face.

“Now let’s try this again.”

With my hand still on the invisible wall, I imagined that it was no longer there. That the shield would dissipate into nothingness.

The effect was almost instantaneous.

My hand went forward as the wall that prevented it from going forward disappeared.

“So that’s how it works” I thought to myself as I made the barrier again a few more times.

“let’s see if I can do this too.” I imagined a small barrier covering my arms.

Instantly I felt a small weight on my fist before it disappeared not even a second later. I tried to do it one more time only to get the same result.

“It looks like a solid wall is all I’m capable of doing right now.”

“Whatever I will just practice making shapes with it later” I thought to myself before I peeked out from the side of the tree to see where the Anbu was.

He was still on the same tree as he was before only this time he was sitting on one of the branches looking in my direction.

Quickly I went behind the tree once more as I formulated a plan in my head to trap him.

“ARE YOU DONE NOW?” The Anbu shouted out.

Unwilling to give him an answer. I grabbed the kunai that I took from him by the handle with both of my hands and jumped up onto one of the branches of the tree I was hiding behind.

The leaves rustled slowly as a single ray of moonlight penetrated through the canopy between us as we just looked at each other in silence.

9