Begin at 3
14 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who has never imagined that one day they could fly like Michael Jordan.

Who has never imagined that they can play alongside superstars, win one championship after another, and gain money and fame.

It is precisely because NBA fans have this fantasy, that the career mode of the NBA2K series of basketball games is so popular. Because in the game, every basketball fan can fulfill their dream. Since the emergence of the career mode in NBA2K10, this player-based mode has become the mainstay of this series.

But outside of games and fantasy, there are very few fans who can realize this dream. Professional basketball is more than holding a gaming controller.

But now, Wolfgang-Linn has a chance to realize his dream.

He suddenly possessed the physical abilities of a professional NBA player, and he also had a good starting point to enter the NBA.

……

After dinner at Upshaw’s house, they rested for a while, with the two going to a basketball court next to the house after.

The backboards of the court were made of wood, the original white paint could no longer be seen. The net was formed by a series of chains, and several cracks decorated the concrete.

Wolfgang-Linn was holding the basketball nervously. Although he had a height of 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m and weighed around 225 lb (102 kg). He was worried about his oncourt abilities, that currently couldn't even get him on the bench of a college team.

Although there were indeed many monsters in the NBA that did not rely on technicals to dominate the league, such as O'Neal and Antetokounmpo, the latter being born in the future. But those people only seem technically rough in the NBA. In front of ordinary people, their skills are beyond the reach of most people.

Just take O'Neal, that guy played a fancy dribble and looked like a smart guard. Therefore, it was obvious that the body alone could help one stand tall in the NBA. 

 "Why don't you shoot the ball first to find the feel?" Seeing Wolfgang-Linn standing in a daze holding the basketball, Upshaw pointed to the basket.

"Oh...oh..." Wolfgang-Linn nodded. In the past, his favorite way of scoring at school was 3 point shooting. He thought he was still very accurate.

But in reality, this is because his only way of scoring is shooting, being unable to drive and break through, so he naturally mistakenly believes that shooting is what he is best at. In fact, Wolfgang-Linn's previous shots were not good.

Just as Wolfgang-Line raised the basketball, a line of text suddenly popped out in front of his eyes.

"Ah!" Wolfgang-Linn yelled out of fright, and the ball fell to the ground.

"What's wrong, buddy? " Upshaw stepped up to check with concern.  

"It's nothing, I just... uh, let's play it first, Zike, I'll warm up again." Wolfgang-Linn waved his hand, indicating that he was OK.

After confirming that only he could see the line of text, Wolfgang-Linn stepped aside and pretended to press his leg, but actually studied the content of the paragraph in front of him.

This text was very simple, just one sentence: "The 10-11 season Grant Hill ability has been injected."

After Wolfgang-Linn read this passage in his mind, a progress bar appeared in front of him, but the progress bar was empty. There was also a small line underneath: "The ability of Grant Hill in the 09-10 season."

"Grant Hill!?" Wolfgang's heart was shocked. Grant Hill was his favorite basketball star! He still remembered that before crossing over, he was hill-deep in a rabbit hole watching Hill's old highlight videos.

Unlike most of the idols of fans of the same age, Wolfgang never felt much about Tracy McGrady, Iverson or Kobe. He was really drawn to Grant Hill, who was once known as the "Jordan successor."

Before crossing over, Wolfgang knew that Grant Hill had been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Many people questioned Hill's election to the Hall of Fame. After all, Hill doesn't have a strong career. To him  however, those who questioned just didn't know Hill's resume.

In the summer of 1993, Jordan announced his retirement for the first time.

The NBA was in a panic in the face of the declining ratings. Fans, the media and even NBA officials began to search non-stop for Jordan's successor to save the decline.

So, the great title of "Jordan Successor" was once crowned on two players, one being Anfenni Hardaway, nicknamed "Penny". The other one was Grant Hill.

Grant Hill was very famous in college. In the 1990s, Hill led Duke University to the NCAA championship for two consecutive years. His almighty style of play, chic and elegant style of play, coupled with the character of no choice, made Hill quickly become a national idol. Before landing in the NBA, his fame was already comparable to some stars.

There were rumors that Hill also led a college team to defeat the "Dream Team" who were preparing for the Barcelona Olympics in a training match. The dream team that includes Jordan, Pippen, "Magic", Bird and others!

Although there was no video to support it, the authenticity of this incident has been controversial. But at the time, such rumors exploded Hill's popularity.

In 1994, the highly anticipated Grant Hill finally entered the draft. He was selected by the Pistons in the third overall pick and started his career in Auto City. Hill really lived up to expectations. In his rookie season, he scored 19.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5 assists and 1.8 steals, and was elected the Rookie of the Year in the 1994-95 season.

Grant Hill became the All-Star ticket champion with super popularity during his rookie season. People were full of endless expectations for Hill. In that era without Jordan, Grant Hill seemed to be the last straw to save the league.

In the second year, even if the real Jordan had come back, it still did not shake Hill's position as an All-Star.

In his peak season, Hill averaged 25.8 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 5.2 assists per game. His first step was unmatched, his changes were comparable to guards, and his fly dunks made him, he was always pleasing to the eye.

The reputation of "Jordan's successor" seemed appropriate to Hill. He was probably only one O'Brien Cup away from the real Jordan. But it took a sharp turn. When Hill learned to read the game and was entering his golden age, the story of "Jordan's successor" came to an abrupt end due to injuries.

Three years after leaving the Pistons, Hill played only 47 games in a healthy and healthy three years. Although he became healthy afterwards, he wasnt the Hill of the past. Later in his career, Hill could only serve as a role player and never got involved in a championship run.

By the age of 40, Grant Hill's career was over. 7 All-Star starts, 0 championships, and even being elected to the Hall of Fame was questioned.

Grant Hill, it shouldn’t have been.

However, even with so many hardships, Grant Hill still insisted on retiring at the age of 40 and became a respected veteran. And this is why Wolfgang-Linn likes Hill. What he likes is not only the elegant almighty of Hill at his peak, but also his appreciation of Hill’s spirit of never giving up! Because Wolfgang-Linn, who was a poor graduate at the time, knew that he also needed to have such a spirit to inspire himself.

But now, he found himself tied with Grant Hill by mistake.

{ Grant Hill's ability has been injected in the 10-11 season.}

What does this mean? Is it possible that now I already have the abilities of Old Hill?

"Hey, Wolfgang, what are you in a daze!? It's almost time to warm up, try a few shots." Upshaw’s yelling made Wolfgang-Linn pull out of his thoughts, and the progress bar and small print before him disappeared.

Wolfgang-Linn nodded, and then remembered Hill in the 10-11 season. Although Grant Hil’s physicals have declined, and is only a role player in the Suns, his 13.2 points per game contribution is not something a NBDL player can get!

In this period, Hill's strengths are mainly three-pointers and experience. His shooting is very steady, if he is really injected with the abilities of old Hill, then the open three-pointer should be accurate. 

"Pass the ball to me." So he stood outside the three-point line and waved at Upshaw.

Upshaw’s brow’s creased into a ridge, because the previous Wolfgang-Linn would not shoot three-pointers. But he didn't think much about it, It didn't matter where he shot it anyway.

Wolfgang-Linn received the ball and immediately felt that he had more control over the ball. Take off, flick the wrist, move the fingers, take a shot, a set of shooting actions, Wolfgang-Linn did very smoothly. The basketball made a perfect arc in the air and fell into the net, a "Zila" rang through the air. Wolfgang-Linn could only stare at his hands.

"Oh, that's not bad, here's one more!" Upshaw smiled, thinking that this kid was very lucky today. Upshaw picked up the basketball and passed another one to Wolfgang-Linn. This time, Wolfgang-Linn switched to shooting outside the right three-point line. Shooting felt comfortable again with the ball gliding through the net.

After this, Upshaw passed 10 consecutive passes to Wolfgang-Linn, and the result was 10 three-pointers! It wasn't until the 11th that the basketball fell off after two turns on the hoop.

NBA-level players have a very high shooting percentage during training. It's not a problem to score 10 three-pointers. But for D-League players, especially Wolfgang-Linn who didn't shoot three-pointers before, this shooting percentage was looking spicy.

"I say " Upshaw walked up to Wolfgang-Linn in surprise and circled him twice. "Did they change your eyes whilst in the hospital?"

"Actually, I've been practicing three-pointers secretly " Wolfgang-Linn scratched his head embarrassedly. At this time, the progress bar appeared in front of Wolfgang-Linn again. He saw the empty progress bar, which seemed to be filled with a hint of white. 

‘It seems that the way to fill the progress bar is training or playing games. Is it possible that as long as the progress bar is full, oneself can obtain the ability of Grant Hill in the 09-10 season, and so on?’

‘If I could upgraded to the peak of Hill…’ The picture was beautiful that Wolfgang-Linn did not dare to continue thinking about it.

 

 

1