Chapter 9 Rescue
388 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I have returned! Also, Happy new year! I'm quite happy since I was able to pulled Muramasa in FGO NA under just 3 multi. Overall, this year had been treating me well.

"You stay here and watch them, I will go by myself."

"Go where?"

We both turned around and saw Saeko leaning against the wall with a smile. I internally sighed, of all people, she was the one who overheard us. From what I observed so far, she was quite a battle maniac, borderline crazy even. However it was for this reason that I don't have to worry leaving my back to her. 

"Well, it isn't anything important—Kouta will explain it, bye," I said before surprising the two by leaping off the balcony and landing perfectly fine across the street. As much as I don't mind Saeko helping me, I also wanted her to stay back to watch over the others. I still don't fully trust some of the students, especially a particular annoying girl who keeps looking at me with strange eyes.

Anyway, this was the first time I used my leaping ability, it work just as intended, pretty fun too if I had to say. I don't mind showing these off since it wouldn't be as shocking as turning my hand into blade, at the very least, I have a feeling I will have to use them sooner or later but for now, I think superhuman strength is sufficient.

Although I created the base with parasite in mind, it doesn't really acts like a real parasite when I think about it. It was more like a venom inhabiting my body. If it was truly parasite, it would've replaced something within my body—maybe an organ or whatnot. But due to my mind thinking parasite as just another venom variation minus the intelligent, I never think about it deeply since it just works. Is it my fault that the cheat never explain it in details on the know-how? I have to explore everything, but my time has been a little hectic dealing with the whole apocalypse.

Nonetheless, I have an idea on how to solve my weakness of having low stamina, but that will be put off for now. If Shizuka hadn't invaded the bathroom, I would've created it but hey, I'm not going to complain when I got a free service from an older woman. I wonder what her reaction would be once she was sober, I'm excited to see it.

As I was nearing their location, my hands and feet didn't stop moving despite my mind wandering elsewhere. I keep destroying every zombies that stood my way with as little as a punch, none of them were especially tough. But then, my danger sense went off and this time I fully trust it. I stood in place momentarily as I begin putting little strength in my feet before I launched myself up into the air. 

When it went off, it wasn't directed toward me but the people who I plan on rescuing. I did specifically created it with that also in mind, but I didn't expect it to show its wonder now. 

"I'm sorr—huh?"

The moment I land in front of my target, I caught the incoming blade that almost pierced my heart with my hands. Without a word, I break it into two pieces by twisting my hand with my superhuman strength.

Clank!

I look at their dumbfounded faces with little to no emotion, these people would've killed the father had I not intervened in time. Though I can't fully blame them either since the latter were being obnoxiously loud, I may even do the same thing as them if someone purposely caused a commotion in front of my house.

"If you want to suffer the same fate as the blade, then please continue," I said while glaring at the family inside their house as a warning. They flinched and keep apologizing under their breathes until the door eventually close on me and the duo behind me.

"And you, do you realize how dire your situation is? Yet you keep making such a loud noise which attracted so many of these annoying bugs. Do you want to die that much?"

The moment I turned around, I immediately begin lecturing the culprit that almost get himself killed. The little girl hides behind her father as if she was scared by my voice or my glare, whichever the case I don't care. I personally don't really like kids, so the feeling is mutual.

He appeared dumbfounded, I guess it can't be helped. Just as he thought hope was close, then he comes to the realization that he was almost stabbed to death if not for some kid falling from the sky. Heh, if I think about it, am I not considered superman now? I may not be shooting laser from my eyes yet, but it won't be like that forever.

"...I'm sorry, I was really desperate."

"I know, but you should at least be aware of your surrounding least you will only endangered your daughter who you wanted to protect so much."

At least he looks apologetic enough so I will let him off the hook for now. I turned my head toward a certain balcony, I could barely picked up three figures with my sight before waving at them. The adult also turned around to follow my line of sight, however it seemed like his eyesight is a lot worse than me judging by his narrowed eyes.

"I'm Amamiya Youji, what about you?"

"Oh, I'm Kirigaya Maresato, I work as a reporter and this is my daughter, Alice, and thank you for saving me."

"Hmm? It's not a japanese name?"

"Ah yes, my wife—her mother is a foreigner who I met when she visited Japan for business related, it was love at first sight."

Damn lucky him, if I were to imagine his wife by basing off his daughter's look, I can tell she would grow to be a beauty. I would love to meet her in person, surely we can talk in English if she's foreigner? But then again she could also be from one of the neighboring countries.

"So if you don't mind me asking despite knowing the obvious, you don't have any place to stay right?"

"Yes..."

"Then come with me, you're lucky that my house is just nearby, and you don't have to worry about me plotting anything against you since we are all students, only a single adult is with us and she's someone I treasured the most."

"That's fine with me, however..."

He said before turning around to look at the zombies standing guard close to the gate. Their only exit was blocked, fortunately the wall was high enough for them to walk without having their feet grabbed by zombies—but I don't need to do it the hard way, I have superhuman strength.

I turned to look at them and smile before saying, "wait a few minutes."

Then I turned my back on them before once again leaping high into the sky and crashing onto the street. My calculation was right, though barely as I almost crashed into the wall. In any case, the moment I safely land with a thump, the noise immediately grabbed the zombies attention. Seeing them walking as fast as they could, a thought suddenly crossed my mind.

It was a bold plan, riskier than anything I had ever done before. But if i succeed, the worst results would at least net me some quiet time for a short break. I really need a rest now more than ever, my power fully depends on them. 

It wasn't a bad plan per se, but anyone with a brain would considered me insane if they were told to do what I'm about to do. But I'm not like them, I have superhuman strength above all. If things turn dire, I can just use shapeshifting and turn everything into bloody mess. 

I have decided, I will use my power to the exterminated every zombies from this area—yes, that's what I mean by having a quiet time. Just thinking about how ridiculous it sounds caused the corner of my lips to curl up and my blood boiling, I'm so fucking excited. 

Without a word, I immediately kick the nearest zombie with as much strength as I could. I didn't look back at the aftermath as I begin moving to another target, I have to keep my focus and wit on the battle. A single distraction might be the end of me.

At this very moment where I'm covered with blood, I feel like I'm truly alive. It feel like I've found my calling as I continue to mindlessly brute force my way through the small zombies horde. Despite fighting against possibly hundred of enemies at once, I don't feel scared at all.

When I get myself surrounded with no way to escape, I would immediately leaped elsewhere thus begin another round of hit and smash—at this point, am I not a hulk? Yeah I know I'm not green and buff, but what I did were technically a hulk thing, no?

The zombies had no way to possibly injure me, however I don't have unlimited stamina either. At this point, it was taking a toll on me as my breathing was quite erratic, though not so bad that I would keel over if I pushed myself. 

Bam! 

Suddenly, I heard a strange noise so I jumped on top of the wall and look toward a certain direction. A few feet away from me, I saw a figure swiftly executing zombies left and right with her skillful movement. I smile upon realizing who it was, who else none other than Busujima Saeko? I knew she would eventually get here when they were watching me from the balcony the entire time.

And just like me, she was smiling as blood keep splashing all over her body. I look at the corpse on the ground as my smile turned hideous, I almost forgot about the new ability. Though before that, I glanced toward the balcony and saw Kouta was talking with Komuro. Night vision sure is convenient. 

Anyway, this is a chance, I thought as I hopped back to the ground and command my parasite to swallow the zombie in front of me.

I watched in amazement as dark-like tendrils comes out from my palm before it wrapped itself around the zombie, then it pulled the corpse into my hand like some kind of storage. Immediately after, I feel my stamina recovered albeit slightly. I marveled at the revelation—although I don't gain the memories and many other things that I would normally get, I'm still quite happy that at least it recovered my stamina.

I think I knew why this was the results, in short, they are undead—as far as I know, even the character in the game couldn't shapeshifting into someone who had been infected by the virus and turned. I may have faint memories regarding that, but I have a strong feeling that I was right.

Without wasting any more seconds, I devoured many other corpses until I was halfway recovered. Then I sprint toward where Saeko was and taking down zombies while I'm at it. When I got there, I was surprised to find her having difficulty handling a zombie—then I realized it wasn't an ordinary one judging by its bulging arms.

"Groooar!"

Each of her strikes only served to enraged it, despite that however, she didn't stop and keep on hitting it with her wooden sword. If its arms is tough, she will go after its legs. And if that also doesn't work, she will go after its sight aiming to blind it. But before she could do that, a small figure sneaked behind her. Though before it could do anything to her, I perfectly threw a mimic beast in the form of a katana with its sharpness and durability to as high as I can. If I didn't recovered some stamina, I wouldn't be able to produce this.

"There's a weapon behind you!"

She immediately turned around as my words momentarily distracted the bulging arms zombie to my direction. When she saw a red katana piercing through a strangely short zombie on the ground, there was a glint in her eyes. 

24