Chapter 10 – Onward
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we ate breakfast Ron said he wanna sleep so he goes back to the guardhouse. Oldman Umar too go back to the guardhouse but he come out again after a while bringing some kind of leather clothes... armor maybe?

"You don't fells cold with those? Use these, my old armor, the leather still good and this pants better than those shorts!"

He said that while shoving me with it. The pants a bit tight for me, well better than nothing. The armor are like leather jacket but with thicker leather at some area, like chest, arm, elbow and my back, but they adjustable so it fit me. While I'm wearing that oldman Umar come out from the guardhouse again with boots and gloves.

"Well... I don't know if they'll fit but try it"

Not a waste to try them, so i just do that. They'll a bit tight actually but they'll expand eventually, so it's ok.

"Now you look better, not like some kind of hobo!"

"Haha thanks oldman"

"Don't thank me, i just got rid some useless equipment"

"Just let me say it"

"Yeah, yeah. So what you gonna do with that?"

He said that while points at the dead wolf. I hear nothing from Ron about it, maybe he fed up with more surprise so that's why he choose to sleep quickly.

'What I'm gonna do with it' is what I'm gonna say but i just suck it into the black hole, no questions asked.

"Hey don't show that too much around here, maybe from where you are they're common, but here people usually use Dimension Pouch. Merchant got greedy when they see those"

"Sorry i didn't know that"

"You know now, Dimension Pouch not that rare but they have small capacity, you've seen Ron's right? That's second biggest capacity it have, the first one are twice of it"

"I see, thanks oldman, so what can i use it for?"

"It's Harpar Wolf, every part of it useful, i don't know how useful though so don't ask me, ask the guilds"

"Okay...."

"So.. you're going or not? Yesterday you said you wanna go the Larg City immediately"

"Oh yeah! Thanks for everything oldman, say my thanks to Ron too!"

"Just don't tell anyone you're from here, make some detour when you see Larg City!"

"Got it! Thanks!"

I said that while walking away from the gate. Entering the woods, but I'm not gonna go straight to the city. What i need from civilization are the information, not the society. From what i understand I'll stand out if i use my skills nonchalantly, hell standing out they'll maybe force me to do things what they want. I should disguises myself when i wanna use my full power.

While at it let's explore this world, i had enough sitting in one place already might as well travel around see what this world offer. I'm strong enough to that after all, but i still need information first before that.

One week passed in the woods while I'm walking through it. I really want to fly over it but many creature attack me, they'll be useful later..maybe so i start hunting them when they come to me. At least they become food for me. Some kind of flightless bird like ostrich. Great bear, because its size are twice than the bear i know. Giant serpents, many of them as big as me. Big bugs too, bee, butterfly, dragonfly, spider, you name it, well maybe spider not bug but they all as big as me.

But no wolf, maybe they're smart enough not to cross me. No canine or feline. I've seen deer like creature from afar, but they keep doing what they did after seeing me, well i only hunt what attacked me so i walk past them. They're big like a moose but their form exactly like a deer, their antlers shine a little in this dim woods, what a beautiful creatures.

At night I released my magic at full power to tell other creature not to get to close, when i check them with the wind there's no other creature near me in radius 100m ish maybe, not really sure, at least they're far away.

I eat what i hunt but mainly the the ostrich, because they're a bird, easier for me to consume while the other make me think twice. The only edible plants i know are those Cazza, so i grow them with wood magic every meal time. 

I don't sense or find any intelligent humanoid even after two weeks trailing this woods. Only Orcs, Goblins, Ogres even Werewolf. Found canine at last, if you can call them that. They all talk with each other of their race but attacked me after that, well no questions asked, i just did same with the animals...uhh monsters. I don't understand them after all.

But the Werewolf run away after seeing me then they howl to each other, maybe they are intelligent but secluded. Well... i understand that.

After a while i see bright light signify that i near at the end of the woods. What i see beyond are plains again, wait no, those are wheat, a golden field of wheat, circling the city. At last a big city, long lines, there's two of them for people and carriage.

That's the south gate maybe. When i walk around in the woods following from which way the monsters attacked me, but i don't backtrack, so that's why i find myself here. That's a really long line, i don't wanna waste my time waiting for it so i circle around to the north gate.

The east gate are closed, people who passed the gate are farmer maybe, because I've seen them checking the wheat, do they not afraid attacked by monster? Well they're not that far away from the gate maybe that's why.

Before i reach the north gate, i found some people in the woods, when i come over to ask them what they're doing. One of them immediately stab me. Well maybe i surprise them, I've been silently walking in the woods after all.

"Ah...sorry for surprising you all"

When I said that instead of stoping, all of them try to hurt me uhhh kill me actually. Right after i know what they are, i make them all stop. Then they all stop moving, with exact same pose for what action they wanna do. It really did work for human huh... i guess all creatures have mana in them after all. Wait... not all of them human....

2