Chapter 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Teens

The clock in the big clock tower read 18:57. Archer, Reverie, Orion, Lyric and Valor all watched it apprehensively. They had three minutes. Three minutes before their lives would change for better or for worse. Three minutes before they would put their lives on the line. They had three minutes. Three minutes before they would go into the Iliac Manor. 

Lyric and Reverie began going through their inventory making sure everything was there and in place. Lyric would call out an object and Reverie would say check if it was there. Archer, Valor, and Orion were joking around each of them trying to keep their nerves at bay. Once she was done with taking inventory, Lyric got up and walked over to the large metal gate closing them off from the Iliac Manor. She stood there surveying the group her face clouding with worry. Valor, noticing Lyric's worried look walked over to her. "What's with the worried look? This isn't going to be any different from any other exterminations."

Lyric shook her head. "But it is. Everyone except for us has never been on an extermination mission." Valor nodded. "Take Archer for example. He graduated top of his class at the Paranormal Academy but has never seen any action. Then there's Reverie and Orion. They're still technically in training and they haven't even got to the level where they study ghosts." Lyric sighed. "If the rumours are true about what's going on in the Manor, we're seriously fucked." Lyric began fiddling with a silver band around her wrist, a nervous habit she had picked up.

Valor pulled Lyric into a quick hug. "We'll be okay. I know it."

Lyric smiled and opened her mouth to say something, when, the quiet of the night was shatter by the sound of horrid metal scraping against metal as the gates leading to the Iliac Manor swung open. "It's Time," Lyric said and began to walk towards the cavern of darkness of the entrance to the Iliac Manor.

0