BETRAYAL
128 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What did you just say, babe?" Andrew was in shock as he asked Audrey. There was no change in Audrey's face as she replied to him with a smile on her face, "This can't work out anymore between us. I am too beautiful to fit into your class".

Andrew was in total shock, his state of mind destabilized as he stammers while saying "Bu..bu...but ba...ba...babe we have bee...been through so...so much toge...ther". Audrey couldn't hold in her laughter as she laughs hardly that she was in tears while saying, "I was just doing that in order to while away time. You couldn't have thought that I did want to spend the rest of my life with you right?".

Andrew cries unknowingly to himself while screaming, "Babe you can't do this to me. I love you so much". His screams gather the attention of all the people present on the floor with him, both staff and guests alike.

Suddenly, in this not-so-crowded place, the sound of footsteps could be heard behind him as a mocking voice came up, "Why can't she do that much to you? Don't you even have an iota of shame? Take a look at yourself in the mirror sometime soon and check if you did be able to date yourself".

The voice gets his attention as it seems pretty familiar, so he turns behind to identify who just spoke to him. Seeing the person who was mocking him, he was shocked as it was Jay the son of the multimillionaire tycoon Rudy. What puts him in deeper shock was when Audrey walked up to him putting her hands around his neck and kissing him intimately without a single sign of nervousness. After kissing for a while they separate from each other with a string of saliva connecting both of them which Audrey cleans with her finger and then licks, after which Audrey says to Jay, "Babe if you had come any later I would have puked sitting with him and trying to act being romantic. What took you so long?".

"My dad made me handle some important business matters which took a lot of my time. Sorry I made you wait that long, hope you can forgive me?", Jay replies lovingly.

Andrew felt like he has fallen into the deepest parts of hell like he was in a nightmare and needed to be woken up early. His fingers dug deep into his flesh as he thought that, that would wake him up from this dream. But the pain doesn't seem to do any work as he was still in the same scene. Whispers could be heard here and there by the guests, Andrew felt like he needed to dig somewhere up to hide, just to get through this particular scene of his life. He felt like he was going insane just being here. He needed to vent out these feelings while telling himself that it was not true that all these were happening. He mustered the courage to ask Audrey, "But what did I do wrong? If I made a mistake why didn't you let me know? Why did you have to treat me this way?".

Audrey smiles at him mockingly before replying, "If you did something wrong, that would be being poor". "But you said you love me and that we would get by together", says Andrew sobbing deeply. "Of course, I lied. Who did want to be poor all through their lives if they had the chance", Audrey replies.

"When did you guys start dating?", asks Andrew after laughing at himself mockingly. "Since the day we first met, it has been a true love story. He has always taken care of me and my parents. We are even getting married soon", says Audrey while flashing her engagement ring toward Andrew. The ring seems like it was made with gold and diamond placed on it as it was shining brightly. "And yeah, this is pure gold and diamond unlike that scrap you intend to engage me with", says Audrey ruthlessly. 

Andrew flashbacks to all the moments they have had together, the vows they had shared, all the happy moments and beautiful times they have had together then he laughs like a maniac while crying hardly before saying, "So it was all lies. Our relationship was all built on lies. Why didn't you tell me then than waiting till this moment? Just why? Why did you have to do this to me here of all places?". Audrey keeps her smile on while she sits Jay down and sits on his lap before saying, "Of course, if you had let go from the beginning it wouldn't have gotten to this", Andrew gets a bad premonition as he shivers slightly before asking "What do you mean by that?".

"Of course I mean if you had let me go during the times when you were being threatened it wouldn't have gotten to this. Since I didn't want to look like the bad person in the relationship I got my fiancé over here to use various tricks to get you to give up on me but they were all ineffective as you were so adamant about being with me", she pauses for a while before smiling mischievously and continuing, "Even when I got him to hire some thugs to rough you up a bit, you still didn't want to let me go and I even went as far as giving you a hint". Andrew almost passes out after hearing that from Audrey but something still keeps him from fainting. He was like an old man at the end of the rope as he stares blankly at Audrey, the girl who has always behaved innocently and clumsily with him, he didn't imagine that she has also been the one behind all of his present throes.

Life isn't fair at all. The common and poor man does indeed get nothing in the end. He remembers his father's last words to him before dying when he was merely seven years old, "Son, you have to make it big in life. Be rich and powerful before thinking about anything else. This world is filled with dangers on all sides from friends, colleagues, lovers or even acquaintances. Prioritize money and power over anything else. With money comes power. Don't sacrifice money for anything in this world. The world is ruthless so don't hesitate to be ruthless also".

Remembering those words, he seems to understand why his father told him such words now as he stares at Audrey and Jay behaving romantically before him. He hates the fact that he was this poor at this point. He hated everyone in this world but it was all too late to start regretting, although something can still be done though. If he could just start working hard, maybe he could achieve great things and reach greater heights in the future. But that would be in the distant future of course.

2