BACKGROUND
150 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andrew a 22years old young man who got heartbroken and betrayed on his anniversary and birthday was sitting on the bare ground. You did wonder why he screamed out, but here is the gist.

After retrieving the memories from the new body which he possessed, he realizes he is not from a well-to-do family like what he usually heard happened to those who transmigrated and the body he possessed was killed as collateral damage when he came to the forest to try his luck to hunt for a game. Such a very hard-to-accept tragedy. What was more hurtful was the fact that he reincarnated in the body of a ten-year-old boy whose parents has both died as a result of warring times due to the process of relocating from their kingdom which the flames of war has gotten destroy to a large extent to another kingdom which is not too engrossed in the war. He was found by a soldier and was taken care of for a moment before the soldier dies after going to war and the family of the soldier took the opportunity to send him away from their home as they deemed him as unnecessary luggage.

Now he lives in a village, well you couldn't call it living in the village cause he doesn't necessarily have a place to live in. After all, it was a remote part of the village with just something to act as a roof over his head and the village occupants aren't necessarily bothered about him just as long as he does not commit any crime which is a good thing just that he must get his meal himself.

How could a young child of ten years who was this short and frail be able to work for his food? Owing to the drive of hunger, the child who is also coincidentally, by a slim chance which came true also named Andrew sets off to the forest to try and gather wild fruits and if possible hunt a game just to keep himself from starving but was caught in a crossfire when a young master of a family was about to be killed and to remove any evidence was killed in the process since he could not control his fear and had to scream from his hiding place.

This world is not too different from earth you did say, they had all the normal pieces of equipment installed on earth just that there were no guns, just only swords, axes, maces and the rest was used for battle. There were no cars also, horses were mainly used but English was used as a common language just like earth where he came from just that there was no other language except ancient words which were rarely studied by anyone so it was easy to understand each other. It was just like ancient earth where there was no electricity, social media or anything modern, but besides that everything was the same.

Andrew was lucky since he didn't have any modern thing formerly with him and he wasn't a social media guy so I guess he did be used to such a lifestyle.

There were no countries either, just kingdoms spread over here and there both big and small and there were empires too ruling over the kingdoms which were the main overlord of the world. Since there was just one language and not much difference in their body colour there shouldn't be at war with each other you did say but various trivial issues were used as a sign to start up war. Seems like they were looking for reasons to fight at all times and they seem to enjoy it. But surprisingly, even though the wars have been going on for a long, the population of humans is still okay.

"Tch", Andrew clicks his tongue before saying "seems to be the family of some noble or perhaps someone influential", as he observes the body of those slain around him. He had to hold on to himself as he almost puked due to the nature of the corpses. Although he has indeed killed someone before, that wasn't intentional and he fled away from the scene immediately but something catches his eyes and it seems like the dead bodies around him do not affect him that much any longer, after all, he has seen blood multiple numbers of times although it was from animals which were being killed.

He sees some belongings around him which seemed priceless and his greed was about to overcome him such that he was about to take some of them to sell. They did make him rich for a long period if sold off on the black market. Bronze, silver and gold are the currency being used and it's generalized everywhere. Because they are at war at all times, the value of goods far exceeds their normal amount but still selling these belongings would take care of his needs for a long time to come. The village where he resided is close to the capital so it seems far away from the main stage.

Seems like the assassins weren't bothered about the wealth but just finished their mission and left. Miraculously the place where Andrew was stabbed has been healed, he took it as normal stuff that occurs during transmigration. Andrew isn't a thinker normally and isn't all that brilliant in using his brains, just barely average I did say.

About to pick up the belongings, realization dawned on him about the fact of being implicated in this scandal, if the goods after being sold were traced back to him. He did be killed for no reason all over again due to just a bit of his greed. And also he would be the target of others due to his large amount of wealth which could lead to also being killed.

He was able to eradicate his greed and hold on to common sense but he is sad watching all this wealth pass by him. But as he is about to walk away, another different stuff catches his eye. He spots a boar which has been killed as his eyes wander around.

'Seems like it got caught in the crossfire just like the previous owner of the body. Am not the only unlucky one I guess. I did have to make do with this then, at least I gained something', Andrew thought to himself while walking in the direction of the boar. His brows furrow as he gets close to the boar, 'Seems bigger than usual'. The boar is way bigger than the ones he has normally seen and it marvels him. But without thinking too much about the issue, he attributes it to this planet he was on right now and he wasn't too far off from his guess. "Well, whatever", sighs Andrew deeply while attempting to lift the boar. Although it was huge it wouldn't be a problem for him who has been accustomed to hard work since birth. The adult version of him from the previous world I did say. Attempting to lift it, he slumps and falls with his face hitting the floor before realizing that his body stature is way smaller than before. Seems difficult to be accustomed quickly to being young all over again. His nose is bleeding as he stands up and tries to figure out a way to carry the boar with him back. He searches around and finally made a decision which seems utterly brilliant to him. His greed still gets the best of him in the end as he gathers the gold and silver coins he finds and uses a knife to cut open the stomach of the boar removing its intestine then stuffing the coins inside after tying them up in one pouch. Tearing a piece of cloth from one of the guards, he ties a leg of the boar to a cloth and intends to drag the boar to the village. He smiles with his teeth half shining in self-praise.

1