HUNTERS
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But after thinking hard for a long time, nothing still comes to his head and he is a hunter good enough to hunt normal animals like rabbits or wild fowl maybe just to serve as a source of income. Maybe all the animals aren't that incredulous and it was just his hard luck that made him run into that huge rabbit. Although he is greedy over money he is scared to risk his life over it, he has such a poor determination that one would wonder how he expects to make it big.

"Well, what would happen would happen", he talks to himself while getting up to go into the village. Although he has been living here for a while, he hasn't interacted much with the villagers. He thought about getting acquainted with the villagers to know how to secure a viable means of income.

On his way going, he notices some men which could be hunters based on the way they were dressed going off from the village. He thinks briefly to himself, 'If it was possible, won't going with them minimize the risk of me dying in the forest? They seem pretty amazing with the way they are dressed though. I should probably go talk to them, it shouldn't be too hard for them to agree to take me along', before walking down towards them he draws the attention of the men.

They were a group of five men with axes, knives and cutlasses. They were dressed in animal furs making them look savage with their bloodthirsty eyes. Just by looking at them, you did think that they have killed a lot of humans and that isn't far off cause due to the war, they have to protect their village while hunting for food or other materials. They were chatting while on the way before noticing Andrew walking toward them.

Just their looks almost scare Andrew from continuing down towards them, but he steels his resolve while smiling awkwardly and scratching his head and says, "Hey yo, old men, are you going off towards the forest? Can I come with you?". He didn't know when he blurts out those words and he regretted them but it was already a bit too late as the men heard him.

Snorting one of the men speaks coldly towards him, "Whose kid is this? Don't you know how to respect your elders?". Another says, "Why wasting words let's just teach him a bit of a lesson then continue on our way maybe that would make him learn how to speak to his elders". Andrew was gripped by fear and about to turn around and flee, but was shouted at by one of the men saying, "If you dare to run away, you would regret it, kid". Having no other choice, he stops in his track and starts walking towards them while forcing a miserable face and bows to them in a submissive way before saying, "Sorry for my approach seniors, I just thought you were heading towards the forest and thought of walking down with you. I don't have any work and intend to learn how to hunt from the brave men of the village. I apologize for my former rudeness, and knowing you all have a huge heart I hope you won't take it harshly against me", this was a 180 degrees turn from his initial manner of speaking.

There was silence for a while which made Andrew tense to his limits then all the men started laughing. The one who seems to be the leader of the men said to Andrew, "Hey boy, it's good to want to learn how to hunt but this line of work is too dangerous for a kid like you", he pauses for a while then draws near to Andrew which scares Andrew and he starts stepping back unknowingly but the man continues walking down to him and pats him on his head before continuing, "Go home, your parents must be worried you ran away from home for so long".

Andrew although slow-witted decides to pull a fast one on these men, snort and tears start coming off his eyes and nose in a very exaggerated way which causes the man to be shocked. The other men looks at him before laughing out loud then one of the men said to the leader while cleaning his teary eyes from laughing too hard, "Michael, seems like you have scared the kid with your face and voice. If it was me I did be scared too though". They hollered loudly while joking about Michael. Michael although seeming like the leader with scars all over his body and some on his face which makes his look very ferocious was actually at loss for what to do at this moment and tried to calm the kid in front of him, "Hey kid, don't cry, I only told you the truth. You can't come with us". Sobbing for a bit more while Michael tries to calm him, Andrew sniffs trying to draw his snort back into his nose while saying, "I don't have any parent. I have to fend for myself since there is no one to take care of me. Am all aloneeeeeee in this world. I just want to learn how to hunt to be able to provide for myself". With the way he was talking you did know he was a bad actor if there was a nominee for a worse actor he did probably win it hands down.

But seems the men weren't used to actors and took his words to heart and they all looked at him with eyes of sympathy, then Michael said, "Am sorry about that kid, but out there is too dangerous. Being the only one alive in your family, that's more reason for you to treasure your life. Don't worry when we get back I did teach you one or two about hunting, then when I see you are ready I would take you along with us". 'Seems they fell for it, almost thought I did be caught. Why would I be scared of being in danger when I can just hide behind their backs? Of course, I treasure my life way very much', says Andrew inwardly but continues his sobbing while saying, "I can't wait that long. What if I die before I become ready out of hunger? My spirit would not be pleased. Seniors, please just take me along with you, I promise not to get in your way".

Michael was in a fixed as he tries to convince this child in front of him not to follow them but the child always creates a comeback for everything he says. This continues for a long while before one of the men says, "Michael we don't have much time, just bring him along we won't go too deeply to the dangerous parts today. That should be enough I guess, although it would lower our range and probability of hunting, we did be able to do other things and it would be more effective learning in the real place than just practising". Listening to him, Michael thinks for a while before saying, "Kid, what's your name". Andrew pauses for a while as he cleans his tears and snorts before saying "Andrew. My name is Andrew". Michael looks at him then says, "Andrew huh, then Andrew you can follow us but you have to do exactly what I tell you at all times". Andrew nods almost immediately while screaming in his mind 'Successsssssss'.

2