TRAINING 6
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time around he is able to complete the lap in a single setting even though his hands were shaking very hard and he was sweating heavily, he was able to complete the training course at once and without much hassle undermining the fact that this was his first time doing such a thing. After completing the lap, he breathes heavily while being strewn on the floor although no injuries were inflicted on his body, all his energy has been thoroughly exhausted and his eyes were red with blood clots here and there.

At this time the training yard was filled with people, although the only set of hunters Andrew has seen since being in the village was Michael's group, it doesn't mean that there were no other hunters and the training field wasn't reserved just for the group of Michael either, anyone has access to it including the warriors who were only on patrol duties. The previous day Andrew came to train, it seems like all the hunters and warriors were already through with their training or had other kinds of stuff to do on that day. Unknowingly to Andrew, he was being watched by a lot of people while completing the training and some even made bets that he couldn't complete the lap. Transactions were being done low-key without the permission of the person involved.

Nevertheless every single person present was dumbfounded at the fact that such a young boy was able to complete the training in one run without breaks or rest. It was indeed impressive in the eyes of the warriors and the warriors had shining eyes with some who had families wishing they had a son like Andrew at this moment and some even had the intentions of wanting to bring their kids for training from the next day henceforth.

But Andrew who was exhausted couldn't be bothered with them and was trying to catch his breath. He has put more than enough strain on his hands and the blood circulation in his head which has given him a heavy and splitting headache. He could feel like someone was using his head as a talking drum at this moment without pause.

But his rest does not take long as a shadow appears which shades him from the sun's rays. He tries to identify the owner of the shadow and notices it was Michael who has come before him. "Kid what are you laying around for? You just completed the training you were supposed to have done yesterday, you still have to complete the one for today. Seems the training did not even affect you a bit, you are still energized since you didn't pass out. Since you have acclimated yourself with the way of hand walking, I think you are good to go for three laps nonstop", says Michael. Andrew doesn't reply at first as the pains he was feeling in his head needed his full attention before they could be suppressed to a bearable stage and he was also still catching his breath. It takes a while before he says in a somewhat vexed tone, "Why don't you just kill me instead. I understand that am young and handsome that's why you have an issue with me but I still haven't grown enough to take your woman away from you". Michael laughs out first before saying, "I thought you were spent and the three laps would be difficult for you but seems like you would be able to handle more. Six laps then, double the initial three laps. Well then get a move on it. Or do you think you can afford to shift it to tomorrow? If you do, you must complete both training routines tomorrow without break and you don't know what's in stall for you tomorrow after all". Andrew frowns but didn't want to say anything else, if the six laps were doubled again he doesn't know how he would be able to complete them. He just grits his teeth and starts.

After he has started the lap, George comes closer to Michael and keeps mute for while before saying, "You are going way too hard on the kid, although he can keep up with the training you shouldn't push it too much".

This was different from how he initially approached Michael at first, it seems like although he was training, he was still watching the performance of Andrew and was impressed by what he has done.

After saying his piece, he walks out of the training field, seems he was through with his training for the day. Michael looks at George as he leaves the arena but didn't say anything to him. After George left, some of the warriors came and inquired all about Andrew from Michael. Michael just gave some roundabout answers and excused himself from them, the warriors noticing that they were bothering him, didn't bother going after him.

Michael has been through with his training for today and sits down in a corner while watching Andrew go round and round the training field with just his hands. Although Michael did not explain the reason behind training the hands to Andrew, Andrew kind of grabbed the gist of the whole training schedule and tried his best to complete the training course. He gritted his teeth and tried his possible best to complete two laps albeit with some pauses and rests in between. But on starting the third lap, his hands finally gave up on him and he fell and lay on the floor. His hands were all wobbly, he wondered how he could get out of the training field without anyone's help. His hands and legs were all out of use at this moment, and the veins on his head all felt like they were about to burst due to the overflow of blood. There were no whites in his eyes, all were covered in blood. It was even difficult for him to see right now but he was still trying his best to hold on to every bit of consciousness. At this moment, Michael comes close by to him and drops some food for him, not bothering to feed him this time around then walks away without a word.

Wondering how he would be able to eat the food, Andrew still lays on the floor trying to calm his blood flow but it would be difficult to do that in a short term. After a long moment of rest, about thirty minutes to one hour, Andrew can see a bit clearly around him again. He crawls towards the food with just his jaw, the floor was uneven so he got injured during the process but he doesn't care due to the grumblings produced by his stomach at this moment. On getting close to the food, he dips his mouth into the bowl and starts eating the food. His hands were currently weak at the moment and could not support the weight of the bowl right now, so he had to make do with this way of eating for now.

After being through with eating, he relaxes to digest the food for an hour more while facing the sky and thinking about all he went through in his previous life. 'If this is all I have to pay to attain being powerful, I don't mind it. I can't be resigned to the life of a pauper any longer. I don't mind sacrificing both of my hands as long as I can get all I want without being subjected to any form of servitude', says Andrew to himself. Seems the betrayal has started making him see the importance of power and money, so he is more sensible.

1