SKIP
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a thick forest, there was a huge chicken about twice the height of a man which was roaming about seeming to look for food. It pecks deeply into the ground and digs out a worm as long as a normal adult serpent and swallows it in one gulp but it doesn't seem to be satisfied as it continues walking off looking for food to eat.

"Swish", a sound was heard and at that same moment, an arrow flew out and pierced directly into the left eye of the chicken. The chicken screams in pain as blood was coming forth from its eye. "Swish", another sound was heard and an arrow pierced through the other eye of the chicken. This increases the pain of the chicken as it shrieks more loudly than it did at first while bumping hard into a tree. At this moment, a young boy jumped down from a tall tree which has a well-hidden spot and no one could have expected someone to be hiding at that location no matter how hard the person was searching. He was walking in gentle steps towards the chicken without care of ambush from other animals or even the chicken bumping into him due to its rampage.

When he was about a meter away from the chicken, he draws out the cutlass strapped to his waist and in a single step, he appears on the other side of the chicken with blood spurting forth from the neck of the chicken without stop. Although the cut was very deep such that its neck was almost cut apart, the chicken continues running forward on its rampage bumping into trees. "Tch, still wasn't able to kill it in one stroke", sighs the young boy in annoyance. Looking carefully at the boy, you did notice a scar which was extending from his chin down his chest which seems to be depicting the kind of life-threatening danger that he must have gone through and it was shocking for a boy who was so young.

The boy was Andrew, three years has gone by since he started his training and he have learnt all that he could from Michael, if he and Michael were to duel at this moment, Michael would have a hard time before he can beat him to submission but if it was a life or death battle, one would wonder whom would win. Although he has a scar which extended down his chest, it didn't make him ugly but instead gave him a manly vibe. After this period of training, he has indeed learnt how to rein in his aura. The scar wasn't gotten due to hunting but when they had to fight some bandits and although he was stronger than the bandit he was fighting with, due to a moment of hesitation of not being able to come to terms with killing someone and spilling human blood intentionally, he was left in a close to death state.

Even Michael thought that he was done for but seems like his tenacious will extend to even wanting to live as he scaled through with the help of various herbs albeit at the cost of a coma which lasted up to a week and during the time he was in the coma he usually had his strange dreams, some of when he enjoyed great wealth, had beautiful servants at his call and beck, commanded a massive and powerful army but it all ended the same way which was with him being defeated and a massive hole in his chest from which golden liquid like blood flowed out.

Michael was amazed at his speed of learning but was proud also. He even took Andrew as his son and brought Andrew to stay at his home whilst training him, Andrew even took a couple of cooking lessons during this period from Michael. He was becoming more and more like Michael to the extent that during his free time, he was always in the training field training his ass out. He was even worse than Michael in this aspect as he trained till he was exhausted without a sense of break and only when he was exhausted would he fall asleep in the training field. But it was all working out as during such a short time he has gotten to be as powerful as Michael was, with just a tiny gap separating them but with time he believed that he would be able to surpass Michael since he was still young after all and had many years ahead of him. Well, of course, that's if he didn't die in the mouth of any beast or the hands of bandits. But he was now the recognized second strongest person in the village due to his speed of training and growth. Although he was just thirteen years of age now, just a few months away from his fourteenth birthday, he was about the same height as Michael although not the tallest of his group but Andrew did develop his growth spurt way more quickly than he was supposed to, maybe it was due to the environment of this world in which he lived in.

He now has a manly air around him as he moves in quick succession towards the chicken which was running amok. Although the chicken was fast since it was running unconsciously in the last bid of what would eventually become an unfruitful effort at escaping since its head was cut off and it would eventually die no matter what it did. With a swing of his cutlass, he was able to cut through the legs of the chicken to stop its movements. The chicken was still struggling after its leg was cut off as its body was moving in a convulsing manner on the ground. 'The chickens in this world are even this way too', says Andrew inwardly to himself while watching the chicken in a surprised manner. This wasn't the first time he has hunted this beast but it was the first time he has hunted one of this size which seem to be a full-grown adult and it was also the first time seeing one struggling in this manner and this long.

He shot the arrow first towards its eyes in a way to prevent it from observing its surroundings and being able to escape since it has wings and it could still fly even though it's for a short distance and that would make it harder to kill and it could even enter the territory of a dangerous beast which would mean giving up on it.

The chicken struggles for a while longer before finally giving up, being devoid of any signs of life. It was left in that place for a while as a group of hunters comes out of the forest also, Michael was not in the team at this moment nor were the people he usually hunted with. Simeon passed away during a fight when the village was being attacked by enemy soldiers, he got shot multiple times with arrows with one going through his neck but he fought valiantly though and was able to hold on till the end of the fight before giving up the ghost.

Andrew has gotten used to a certain extent to people dying around him and if he was in a dangerous situation he would be able to hold on to his composure without allowing his emotions to cloud his judgements and lead to more casualties.

He was the leader of this group of hunters although he was way younger than the rest since he was the strongest out of them all. The hunters came out and they discussed for a while, then started cutting up the chicken to transport it back to the village while Andrew stood at guard to defend against any hidden danger. While they were halfway through cutting the parts and about to start transporting, a fearsome beast came through. A pack of wolves (actually three) came by which was too much for Andrew to handle on his own hence they had to retreat to avoid casualties from happening.

while retreating, Andrew couldn't resist the impulse to look back and found the wolves feasting on the carcass of the chicken. He burned with anger but there was nothing he could do since wanting to fight the wolves would result in death without any doubt since not only were they fast but they were also strong with their sharp teeth and their growls which produce a great force that could blow a hunter miles away without being able to put up a struggle. Not even Andrew could put up a struggle against that, even if he could fight one, it would lead to a stalemate with him acquiring more injuries than the wolf.

0