STRANGER FROM THE UNKNOWN
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Andrew in such a position put Michael's heart in pain, he walked toward Andrew before asking while trying to force a smile on his face, "How is your body right now?". Turning in the direction of the voice, Andrew sees Michael.

"Am feeling pains all over, am even surprised am able to talk perfectly", replies Andrew with a forced smile also. "That's a relief then. I would be taking you home today then. Being in such an environment doesn't suit you much", says Michael in a gloomy tone.

"Okay then", replies Andrew not noticing the gloomy atmosphere surrounding Michael. "You did good kid, being able to kill all the wolves and saving your fellow hunters, you would be remembered for this....", Michael isn't able to finish his statement before Andrew cuts in, "Oh, I wasn't the one who saved them. Someone dressed in black came to my rescue when I was about to be killed, seems like he killed the wolves. I thought I would have died by now but he seems to be a nice fellow. He also said something before I went unconscious which is still bothering me", "Ohhohh, someone saved you? What did he say?", asks Michael in surprise never imagining that someone as strong or even stronger than him was around whom was able to save Andrew in the nick of time but was still a bit late. "He said I should be wary of you. I don't know why a stranger I hadn't met or seen before would say such a thing though", replies Andrew while frowning deeply seeming to think about the answers to his question. "Didn't he mention why?", asks Michael frowning also. He didn't remember hurting someone that would amount to such words being said about him. "I passed out before I was able to ask", Andrew shakes his head in reply.

There was silence in the room for a while before Andrew asks with confused eyes, "Michael, did you do something or antagonize anyone that I should be worried about?". "None that I remember of", replies Michael still confused about the fact that someone would say such words about him to Andrew. "Okay then, seems like there is nothing to be worried about", says Andrew while smiling sheepishly. Seems like there could be nothing in this world that would make him doubt Michael, after all, he has been treating him perfectly and even went as far as entering deep into the forest just to save him.

He was content with the life he had in this world, he just had to be stronger enough to defend all that he possessed presently.

There was silence for a while once again before Michael breaks it, "Alright, that's enough talking. Time for you to eat. You would need the energy to get out of bed quickly", he says while taking the food and starts feeding Andrew.

Andrew eats without argument and with a contented smile on his face, just like the cute child that he had reincarnated to be. This was the fatherly love that he has always wished to have and although it took long before he could get it, he was still able to enjoy it and is still currently enjoying it. After the meal, Michael steps out to prepare everything to move Andrew to his home to provide the appropriate amount of care to him. The issue which was just discussed was quickly forgotten never to be spoken about again.

After making the necessary arrangements, a cart was prepared with a horse which was the size of normal animals from earth but much more studier and beautiful with scarlet scales around its body and its foot creating a deep impression on the floor.

It was not easy to use this domesticated animal as it was owned by only those rich enough to buy it and just the money might not necessarily mean you would be able to acquire it, as the right connections were also needed since the horse was in wide demand but very low on supply due to the horse level of productivity. This horse belongs to the village head as there was only one in the whole village, the fact about how even a fallen noble could only procure one shows the difficulty of getting it.

Michael drove the cart along the way towards their home without any pit stops along the way. On getting home, he carried Andrew down and placed him in the only available room in the house then goes off to the training field. Training after all takes his mind off a lot of stuff.

Andrew was bedridden for a week and a half before being able to stand up and walk slowly. During this period, Michael hired a servant to take care of all the needs of Andrew, after all, he was rich from all his hunts so far and he didn't see anything worth spending for so he actually acquired a fortune and Andrew usually donates more than half of his earnings to him. Even if he was to stop hunting now, he would be able to live as comfortably as Paul who was the richest man in the village. He had to hire the servant since he still had to secure the herbs used for the treatment of Andrew and also to train his body and run other errands. After all, he had broken through another bottleneck, he had hoped he could get to the realm where his master was which was still a long distance away. Breaking through to this his present realm made him more hopeful about being able to reach there. Reaching that realm would mean a longer life for him and he could even move to the bigger stage, after all, no one would be contented with being a backstage frog.

After Andrew was able to start walking, he took extra four days before he was able to use his body properly with the help of all the herbs provided to him by Michael. But he was always stopped from doing hard chores or exercises. If he were to ask Michael, he would give the excuse that he hasn't recovered fully yet and needed more rest but Andrew was tired of resting and wanted to train too, after all this period, he has noticed the change in the aura of Michael which means he was further behind Michael once again, so he wanted to bridge that gap.

A week passed that way with Michael always making random excuses about his training and postponing it. This continues for a while until Andrew couldn't take it any longer.

On a fine day when Michael was out hunting, he sneaked past the servant, after all, she wasn't a hunter or warrior so it was easy for him to do such, then he carried a cutlass to train in the training field, but before he was even able to complete his warm-up session, he started sweating profusely and passed out. When Michael came back, he noticed that Andrew was not around and checked around for him but was unable to find him until a hunter ran into his home holding Andrew in his arms, he went for late training that day since he was unable to train earlier on, and on getting to the training field, he saw Andrew sprawl on the floor not moving a bit, hence he rushed him down here.

Michael hasn't imagined that Andrew would still go on to train without taking into account all that he had said to him and was angry at first but soon came to understand that if he was in his shoes, he would probably have done the same.

A while later, Andrew woke up and he could feel pains in his muscles, he sees Michael by his side and then without waiting for Michael to say anything he asks in a low tone but audible enough for Michael to hear, "Is this the reason why you have been making excuses to stop me from training?".

1