Prologue: A Boy’s Melancholy
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1st or 3rd person
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

Many figures gathered eagerly around a large table. Light conversation and gossip carried on for a moment before an aged figure entered the room and sat at the table's head.

Old Man: "I have gathered you today for one purpose, we have reached our grand goal." 

With just those few words, cheers arose from the other members of the meeting, before quickly quieting down.

Old Man: "The creation of the magic circle has just been completed, and we are now prepared to call forth our new champion."

Seemingly even more energetic than before, the other members became visibly excited, but stayed quiet out of respect for the old man.

Old Man: "We will commence with the summoning in 3 days, and you will be briefed on future events after we are successful."

__________

 A boy around the age of 15 or 16, opened his eyes and sat up in his bed. His room, decorated with historical memorabilia and items from all over the globe, greeted him as he awoke. 

The boy carried on about his morning, brushing his teeth, getting dressed, and eating a light meal, before heading off to school for the day. 

His life, boring and uneventful, like most other teens, was simultaneously tedious and welcomed by him. Although he certainly wished he could live through something amazing, as an avid historical scholar he knew that having an eventful life was not necessarily a good thing.

With these thoughts and feelings in mind, the boy lived his daily life.

____

As his day ended, he returned home and laid in bed reading up on the newest global news, before beginning to study for some upcoming exams he had.

This, of course, was how he spent most of his days. Despite practicing different things (some of which being martial arts), he never had the will to fully commit himself to any besides studying history, and as such he was only slightly above average in most things.

The boy was certainly gifted by normal standards, but his indifference towards his surroundings blocked him from utilizing his gifts, and so he stayed average. 

He lived with a loving father and mother, who were lucky enough to not be burdened by debt or other misfortunes. From both an outside and inside perspective, nothing about the boy was strange in the slightest.

Well, if you had to find something strange about the boy, it was the unusual birthmark on his upper chest. It depicted a 9 pointed star, With one of the leftmost points stretching longer than the other 8.

The birthmark was at best a conversation starter, and it was commonly mistaken for a tattoo.

While the boy sat studying he didn't notice a faint circle closing in from around him, and continued to write notes. In a flash of blinding light, the circle showed itself and activated its power, leaving the boy's room empty of life.

0