The Heaven in Hell: Part 1- An Accidental Summoning
1.2k 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Heaven in Hell

Part 1- An Accidental Summoning

           I was laying on my couch, again. I had just finished work the day before and I was still exhausted. This was despite me immediately laying on the couch as soon as I got home. I stared up at the ceiling fan just slowly whirling in a lazy circle. In the distance, I could hear the hum of the refrigerator. I wondered vaguely how long it had been since I had last actually slept in my bed. Days? Weeks? Did it even matter in the end?

           My stomach had an ache to it and my head felt foggy. There was a slight pain in the temple. I slowly realized I had not eaten since yesterday morning. I pushed myself up and told myself I should eat something. I shuffled to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I saw some food there. All uncooked. All require effort. I shut the door and instead got a drink of water. It did little to clear up my head, but the ache in my stomach was not as prominent. I shuffled past my bathroom and decided to shower. I kicked off my work clothes and left them in a growing pile of laundry. I mentally made a note to wash them and get all of my laundry done. I still knew I would do a last-second wash before work and wear them there still damp. I climbed into the shower and cranked the heat up to high. I sighed in bliss as the water hit my skin. The sensation of water flowing over my body soothed me. The heat burned just enough to focus my mind and the water eliminated all of the extra sensations I had been experiencing. I barely remembered to wash as the water began to run cold.

           I stepped out and threw on a pair of boxers and a t-shirt that did not have a smell. I sank back onto the couch and turned on the TV. I selected one of the streaming services that I paid too much for too little and picked a show that seemed like it would hold my interest. I stared at the show half focusing on it as I watched. I fell back asleep somewhere along the way and realized I had missed several episodes. I sighed and headed over to my desk which was up against the wall. I sat down and stared at the blank monitor for a moment. That moment turned into minutes before I finally powered on the computer. I logged in and stared at the icons blankly before clicking on the tube icon and started listening to some random music. While it played in the background, I began to doodle on a scrap of paper in front of me. At first, it was just circles, but then I began to start trying to copy the symbols I had seen in the show. It had been some anime about magic with demons and stuff. I couldn’t remember the exact symbols so I just kind of made it up along the way. What was one, turned into over a dozen. I connected them together with lines and a made-up script. It was starting to look pretty cool and I felt some satisfaction in my chest as I dug up some colored pens I had. I began to trace the symbols in different colors. Winding the lines together. I saw a pattern I had missed and started to turn the little magical-looking symbols into one big one. I smiled slightly as I turned the outer ring into something magical-looking. I moved my hand too quickly and felt a burning slice on my fingertip as the paper cut through my skin. I hissed in pain and looked at it for a moment before placing it in my mouth to suck on it as blood appeared. I saw a single ruby drop fall to the paper and winced as it hit in the center. I rolled my eyes with my finger in my mouth, of course, I would draw something and immediately ruin it.

           The smell of burning embers and sulfur filled my nostrils. A deep crimson glow came from my paper and I stumbled backward as thick black smoke began to rise. I fell back onto my ass as the smoke billowed up and gathered at my ceiling. I scrambled backward trying to figure out what was on fire. The pillar of smoke began to glow in a matching crimson and then it all swirled inwards in an audible rush. I covered my face expecting an explosion of some kind to send me hurtling away. My only thought was, Finally.

           Instead of an explosion, all I heard was an irritated sigh. I looked over and froze. 

           Standing on top of my desk amidst the remains of my monitor was some kind of being clad in shining black as night plate armor. They had a longsword with a blade that was literally on fire. They slowly looked around the room and stepped off my desk with a heavy clank. The gaze of their helmet found mine and I saw two burning orange eyes glowering at me.

           I let out a loud gasp as they kicked me in the chest onto my back and a second when they planted an armored boot on my chest. I could not get a breath in and in a panic, I scrabbled at their boot as they slowly raised their sword over my head. I couldn’t help, but whimper slightly in fear. That sword looked like it would really hurt. I was not particularly attached to life, but I would rather minimize my agony.

           They paused and cocked their head at me, the glowing orange eyes lost come of their intensity, “Who are you?” Their voice was deep and smoky, almost like it was coming from a crackling fire.

           “Nobody,” I wheezed as their foot lifted off my chest enough to allow me a breath. “Name’s Alex.” Every word took some effort.

           “What do you do for a living, Alex?” The question seemed bland, but the tone held some aura of menace behind it.

           “I’m a store clerk, I get paid to be yelled at by entitled bitches.” My situation could still not stop some of the venom in my voice. Being constantly demeaned by people who did not have to struggle was exhausting and irritating all in one go.

           There was a moment of silence, “And what do you want, Alex?” The tone still carried that air of menace. 

           “I don’t know.” I wheezed, “Not to be broke and miserable?” 

           The figure nodded to themselves and actually lifted their foot off of my chest.

           I took in a deep breath of air and scrambled back from them, “Where did you come from? Why are you here?” My back was pressed up against the couch. I did not get up though in case this thing took it as a threat.

           “Hell,” It said casually, “And you summoned me.” It plunged its sword into the floor and tapped on the paper which was miraculously untouched except for the drop of my blood in the center. They paused and picked up the paper. They stared at it for a long moment and then they started to chuckle. “Well, well, well.” They moved suddenly towards me and crouched over me shaking my doodles in front of me. “Like to draw, do you?”

           I tried to press further against the couch away from them, “I was bored and didn’t have anything else to do.” I looked away, “Besides I suck anyway.” I took a breath to try and focus, “And you gotta pay me for the floor, I will lose my security deposit.”           

           They straight up laughed at me.

           My cheeks began to color in indignation, “Hey, I am not joking!” I picked myself up and suddenly felt the burning heat of their gauntlet as they wrapped it around my throat and just slammed me to the ground. All of my air left me in a rush.

           “You really don’t know anything do you?” They said as they planted a knee in my gut, “Allow me to explain.” The pressure around my throat increased as they squeezed harder. “You summoned me through some form of drawing, in a way that was just accurate enough to pull me to the mortal realm. You the summoner, if you had any knowledge, were supposed to protect yourself. Magic circles, charms, wards, things like that. The summoner is supposed to bind the demon to a circle so they can’t harm the summoner.” They let go of my throat and stood up.

           I wheezed in another breath of air and felt an ache around my throat, I was definitely going to have a bruise.

           “You did none of these. You just yanked me, rather painfully, through the aether into your home where you are defenseless before me,” They paused and chuckled again making a show of how I was crumpled at their feet, “Well more below than before, but you get the idea. So according to the rules I am allowed to do anything I want and you only can make me do what you can force me to do.” Their eyes behind the visor seemed to shimmer with amusement, “And as already demonstrated, you can’t make me do anything.”

           A defiant streak rose up in me and I sat up, “Wanna bet?” It would have been more intimidating if I hadn’t coughed like a smoker at the end of it.

           I swear the snort that left legitimately had smoke trails after it. I did not even see the blow that caught me in the chest and knocked me back. Next thing I know they were over me, prying my mouth open. “I was going to ask you some questions, amuse myself for a few hours and then leave. Now I am going to make a point because you have decided to challenge me.”

           I gasped and tried to bite and close my mouth. However, metal gauntlets beat teeth and their grip on the corners of my jaw was far too strong. They placed a glowing piece of metal directly on my tongue. I immediately found out that it was glowing because of heat. I screamed, but it was muffled as I thrashed. They held me still and after what seemed like an eternity, they let go of me and the burning stopped. I swung blindly on them and my hand crashed painfully against their burning armor. I hissed and pulled my bruised and burnt hand back. I wiggled my tongue and found it was still intact. “What the hell did you do?!” I yelled as I pushed back away from them.

           “Truth sigil,” They answered pulling off their helmet and setting it casually on my desk. They turned to face me revealing a rather chiseled and masculine face as they sat down in my office chair. They were clean-shaven and their hair was slicked back with sweat parted around a small set of horns curving up out their forehead. Their lips were as black as their armor as they laced their fingers together leaning back. “It is a tool for interrogation, I burned it onto your tongue so without some serious magical healing and curse removal, well let’s just say you won’t ever lie again.” They smiled wickedly, “and because it's my sigil you have to answer any question I ask.”

           “Bullshit.” I hissed.

           “How did you get those scars on your arm?” They asked.

           I felt the urge to immediately answer. I fought the urge. I fought it hard. Then the burning started. It was uncomfortable, then painful, then it felt like my mouth was on fire. “I cut myself!” I whimpered through the pain, giving in. “Happy? I cut myself!” I yelled at him. The pain immediately stopped and I was aware of tear streaks down my face.

           They shook their head, “No, why do you harm yourself?”

           I felt the urge build. I did not want to answer this, please not this. Then the pain started, I fought it again, harder than before. I held on till it felt like my jaw was melting off. “I hate myself.” I whimpered again, writhing on the floor, “I hate everything about myself and the pain feels better than living. I am a failure, worthless, and useless.” Tears continued to flow though these were unrelated to the pain. “I don’t want to be alive.”

           “What do you mean by that?” Their voice was calm and unhurried. Almost clinical, like those damn psychologists I was made to see.

           “I want to die.” I did not fight the urge this time, the truth was out, “I hate myself and the world would be better off without me in it. I am a burden to everyone I meet. I have no friends; my family doesn’t care about me. No one would even notice I was gone.” I looked up at their glowing eyes, “When I saw that smoke, I had hoped I would die. That it would finally be over.”

           They paused for a long moment while I wept, “You wanted me to kill you, didn’t you?”

           I snorted and coughed. The floor was wet as I saw where my tears had fallen. “Kinda, yeah.” My tone was emotionless. Just did not want it to hurt and your sword looks like it really hurts.”

           They smiled, “Indeed it does, but it can end lives quickly.” They cocked their head at me, “So why haven’t you killed yourself?”

           I started crying again while laughing, “Because I suck at it.” I pointed at the scars on my arm, one that ran especially deep along each running the length of the arm vertically. “I tried then, my landlord made an unannounced inspection and found me. Called the cops on me and immediately kicked me out. I came home from the hospital and found my stuff on the curb.” I sat back numbly on my knees, “Tried to hang myself but the rope broke and the knot came untied because I could not do it right.” I shrugged, “Gave up after that, everything else seemed too painful and I just could not get it right. So I go to work and sleep. Hoping that something would happen that would kill me.”

           “Why do you want to die?” Their voice was calm again.

           The urge built in me as I felt anger burn, “Because I hate myself! I hate my life! I hate being trash! I hate being worthless! I hate being unwanted! I hate myself! Don’t you get it?!” I was screaming and stood up, “I am completely alone and no one fucking wants me! I am a pity case at best!” I was standing over them, “You happy you sick fuck?! Do you think I enjoy thinking about this?! Or do you just get off on my pain like those fucking doctors?!”

           They did not react to my yelling and just sat there staring at me. I felt sheepish and stepped back. Part of me wanted to stand up to be defiant, but I really did not want to get kicked in the gut again. I sat down and crossed my legs. 

           “I could make it painless.” They said after a long moment.

           I looked up in shock, “What?”

           “You heard me; I could end it for you. It would be over in an instant.” They said and pulled out a slender deadly looking dagger. It looked like it was sharp enough to cut air, “This is a mercy dagger, it is meant to put someone out of their misery. One thrust to the back of the skull destroys the brain. Instant brain death, no suffering.”

           I looked at them and felt relief in my chest, “It could be over? I wouldn’t feel it?”

           They shrugged, “There would be a moment of pain, but you’ve already endured worse with just the sigil.”

           I paused; their offer hung heavy in the air. It would be over, no waiting for the inevitable end. No more laying awake crying until my body was exhausted. No more weeping. Just the end. My heart thudded in my chest. “Please, please do it. Just kill me, make it end.”

           “Face away from and kneel.” They commanded.

           I spun around and did as they instructed. I found myself looking out into a beautiful blue sky. It was so pretty. I closed my eyes and waited.

           “Do you give yourself and your life to me willingly, Alex of no clan?” They asked.

           I heard them moving behind me the metal of their armor clanking slightly as they crouched behind me, “I do.”

           “Do you pledge your soul and being to me?” I did not have any need for my soul or my body. Fuck it, they could make a zombie out of my body. 

           “Yes,” I answered. 

           I felt their hand press firmly against my head and push down exposing the base of my skull. I was staring at the floor and closed my eyes as I felt the cool metal point against my skin. From the angle, I knew it would go straight into my brain. I fought the instinct to cry out to stop them. Instead, I felt my tears run down my face as they trickled over their gauntlet. I closed my eyes, “Thank you I whispered.”

           They paused a long moment and began to chant in a low language that scraped at the edge of my consciousness. It was melodic and I wondered if it was a funeral rite of some kind. A really kind gesture for a nobody, I wondered if my parents would even show up to my funeral. The chanting ended and there was a pause before they said something else in a very low tone.

           The burning started at the base of my neck and I gasped. I was so thankful for a moment. Then the sensation spread. It spread along my neck and began to wrap around. It burned just as bad as the sigil on my tongue had. I yelped and whimpered scratching at my neck. Trying to stop the burning. I fell to the ground as the fire spread in a narrow band all the way around my neck. Then it met in front of my throat and the sensation intensified for a moment. Then it faded away and I felt my neck and rolled over to look at them. The liar.

           They were standing there looking at me with an expression I could not place.

           “What did you do?” I hissed.

           They crouched in front of me and tilted my head up with their dagger. I felt the point digging into my skin and warm blood running down my neck. “You pledged every part of yourself to me.” They dragged the blade down my chest, “Your body.” They paused with the blade directly over my heart, “Your life.” They touched the blade to my forehead leaving another point of blood where the blade separated skin, “Your being.” They licked their blade and smiled that wicked smile, “And your essence.”

           “You said you would kill me!” I whispered in despair.

           “I said I could kill you. I said I could end it without pain.” They sheathed their knife, “I never said I would. I just told you what to do and you obeyed.”

           I screamed as a rage possessed me and I leaped at them. The betrayal of my trust angered me like nothing else. I wanted to die, and they dangled it in front of me. Then they took it away.” I swung bruising my fists on their armor and kicked. I tried to land a blow to grab their fancy knife. Anything. Then it was over.

           They grabbed me by the throat and slammed me into the wall hard enough to dent the plaster. “Enough of that.” They said calmly, holding me against the wall almost casually. “I can’t have my pet hurting itself.” They unsheathed their knife and purposefully cut themselves. They smeared a line of blood down both my forearms and began muttering in that language of theirs again.

           I hissed as the burning sensation came back and more demonic symbols formed out of that black blood and burned into my arm darker than any tattoo. They let go of me.

           I slumped to the floor and they slammed their knife into the floor in front of me. Then they stepped back. I immediately snatched it up and tried to slit my own throat. I already had seen how easily it could part my skin. My arms burned in intense pain and stopped of their own accord. I screamed and tried even harder. The only thing that happened is the pain intensified to the point it felt like my arms were in some kind of furnace. I stopped and tried to leap at my antagonist. My neck went up in pain and I collapsed, silently screaming as I could not force any sound out. After a moment the pain stopped and went away leaving only a faint echo.

           “What did you learn?” They asked.

           I did not bother fighting the desire to answer, “I cannot harm myself or you.”

           They ruffled my hair almost affectionately. “Good might housetrain you yet.”

           I felt tears fall from my eyes, “You betrayed me.”

           They tilted my head to look at their smoldering orange eyes, “I am a demon from the bowels of hell, fallen from grace, and forbidden from redemption. You failed to extract any form of agreement from me and gave yourself to me. I broke no promise, you just assumed. Now you are mine.”

           I ground my teeth together before slumping, I could not see the point of defiance anymore. The magics they had wrought on me were beyond my comprehension. “What are you going to do with me?”

           “I haven’t decided yet.” They answered. “Go shower and put on some presentable clothes.”

           “Why?” I asked, dreading the answer. 

           “Because it has been a long time since I walked the mortal world and I wish to look around.” They answered.

           I sighed, there was no point in arguing. Maybe I’d get lucky and some religious zealot would take their head. I shuffled to my shower and followed their instructions. I came out dressed in some slacks and a button-down work shirt. It was the best I had. Never saw the point in clothes. I came out expecting to see the hell knight, instead, a strikingly handsome man with sunglasses in a suit was seated in my chair. The only giveaway is they lowered their sunglasses revealing their orange eyes with a serpent-like pupil. They frowned at me.

           “I said presentable.” They sounded irritated.

           “This is what I have,” I shrugged, “I don’t own nice things, it isn’t like I go anywhere.” I looked them up and down, “What do you want me to call you? I can’t just go around calling you demon.”

           They chuckled, “My, my look how practical my pet is becoming.” They pushed their sunglasses back up, “You may call me master.”

           “I am sorry what?” I gaped at him, “I am not doing that.”

           “Or daddy.” They smiled at me wickedly, enjoying my discomfort. I got to see that they had very sharp-looking fangs as well.

           “I will do no such thing!” I stated indignantly.

           “Do I need to make it a rule, pet?” They enunciated that last word, “Have you forgotten the rules of our relationship?”

           The urge caught me off guard, “You do not need to make it a rule, and you own me.” I was stunned at my answer.

           They stood up and patted their thigh like one might do for a dog, “Come along now Alex, take me to this place of work.”

           I winced, I really did not want to face my boss, “Do we have to?”

           They looked back at me over the top of their sunglasses, “Yes. Now come.” Their eyes flashed slightly.

           I jumped and quickly joined them. 

* * *

           The walk from my apartment to my work passed uneventfully. They did not talk much as we walked, they just looked around casually, soaking up the world around them. I sighed as my work came into view. It was another one of those giant retailers where the employees were just a number and treated like such. I knew the moment I walked in I would be accosted by my manager, demanded to clock in, and then I would work a shift being yelled at. I cringed visibly at the beep-beep of the doors as we walked in.

           We made it past the cashiers as the demon huffed and hmmed at things. Then I heard the voice.

           “Alex!” It was my manager. A fat balding man who was way too friendly with the younger prettier employees. “Why the fuck aren’t you working?”

           “It’s my day off Jack,” I explained softly. I hated being yelled at so much.

           “I didn’t give you the day off!” He practically screamed at me, “Get your ass to the back and clock in or you’re fucking fired!!” He stopped and smiled at me with malice, “Or maybe you would like to go back to being a homeless bum begging for your next hit?”

           I felt like a fist crushed my heart and I turned to go to the back. I never wanted to go back to the place again. I knew tears were dripping down my face again.

           “Little fucking bitch.” Jack gloated.

           Then I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, “Stay.” Their voice was firm and brooked no argument. I looked up at them. I had not realized truly how tall they were till this moment. I expected to see them glowering at me. Instead, their attention was fixed on Jack.

           “Get your hand off my employee!” Jack puffed up, “I will call security and have your ass dragged off!”

           They looked down at me, “Stay.” They repeated. I nodded with a sniffle. They looked back at Jack. Suddenly Jack looked uneasy. He surely felt something was off.

           “Listen I don’t know who you think you are…” Jack started.

           They didn’t speak, they simply placed a gloved hand over Jack’s mouth and squeezed. Jack’s eyes bulged as he beat at the arm holding him. They did not even flinch. “Now listen here worm.” They spoke and their smoky voice sounded more like roaring flames of a furnace. “Alex is mine, and I will not tolerate you speaking to him like that. Alex does not work here anymore.” They leaned in, “Understand?” Jack nodded.

           They let go and Jack stumbled back, “Fucking bastard, I will call-”

           They were suddenly looming over Jack. “You’ll what? Call someone? Do you think they will get here before I beat you to death?”

           Jack went white and stumbled back again, mumbling an apology under his breath.

           I let myself relax, it was over.

           Then Jack spoke again, “You know your little fuckhole is pretty well used. He’s a junkie that will do anything for a hit of something.” Jack’s eyes were lit up with malice, “Trust me I know.” He cackled and I felt myself withdraw into myself. I hated that fact so much, I hated that I was once there. It was like the time with Eliza all over again. I had come in with my girlfriend to get some snacks for movie night. Jack had bragged about that same thing and Eliza had dumped me on the spot. Tears trickled down my face and I wanted nothing more than to walk in front of a bus.

           Then there were the sounds of bones cracking. Jack was on the ground and the demon was towering over him. His mouth was bleeding and his jaw hung loosely. They kicked him savagely in the ribs and I heard three separate snaps. Then they stomped on his knee shattering it. Customers and employees alike froze in shock at the violence. I saw Miriam a nice old lady who showed me compassion before Jack told her about how horrible I was. She was staring in shock. The demon who owned me didn’t stop there they reached in Jack’s mouth and I saw them literally rip out his tongue leaving him howling in pain. Then they kicked him in the groin so hard Jack immediately vomited all over the ground. They finally knelt and smiled as they looked into Jack’s ruined face. “I will remind you; Alex is mine.” They tossed the bloody tongue on Jack’s chest, “I have removed the ability for you to speak ill of what belongs to me. I left you with your life. The rest was punishment for your treatment of what is mine. If I hear you mumble his name again, I will return and finish this. Just slower.” They stood and walked towards the door as everyone stood frozen, “Alex come.”

           I jumped up and followed. We walked the city streets in silence. At some point, they tossed their bloody glove into a trash can which ignited. They then pulled out a new glove and I saw how their nails were a glossy black. I finally spoke, “M-m-master.” I stuttered while staring at the ground.

           I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, “Yes my pet?” Their voice was gentle. 

           “You should know what he said is true.” I cried again. I hated the fact I kept crying, but I couldn’t keep it in anymore. Everything hurt. “Every bit of it, I used to be a junkie. I did heroin and cocaine, anything I could to make the pain stop. I would do anything to get another hit. Fuck, I did it again just to get a job there so I wouldn’t be homeless.” I looked up at them, “I am not worth anything.” I don’t why I kept talking, “Every time someone has found that out, they’ve left me. Friends, girlfriends, it doesn’t matter.” I looked back at my feet in dirty sneakers and jeans that were barely holding it together. “I’ve been clean for like three months, but it is only a matter of time. The drugs make it hurt less. I don’t remember as much when high.” I shrugged while staring at the concrete and waited. I knew when I would look up, he would be gone. That is how it always went.

           The hand on my shoulder did not move, “Alex, my pet.” Their voice was soft and calm. 

           I looked up and saw them smiling at me. It was a kind smile.

           “I own you. You are mine as you gave yourself to me.” They ruffled my hair again. I had to admit it did not feel so bad, “Your soul itself belongs to me. You are now bonded to me for an eternity.” They then shrugged, “I am not letting you go anywhere my little pet. Now come with me.” They turned and began walking down the street.

           Part of me wanted to deny the warmth that spread in my chest as they told me these things. There was that voice in my head mocking me and saying it would make sense only a demon would accept me. At the moment I did not care. They had stood up for me and struck down someone who had antagonized me for the past two years. Instead of listening to that voice, I hurried after them.

           They led me through the streets occasionally stopping and looking around as if to get their bearings. Eventually, we ended up on a narrow street in front of a tailor of some kind. In my experience, I had only seen places like this cater to suits. This place though had everything from lingerie to dresses and suits in the window. I let my gaze linger on a black evening dress that looked absolutely stunning. My master came up behind me silently, I was vaguely aware that even though I had not heard them I was still aware of their presence like a banked fire.

           “See something you like my little pet?” They asked following my gaze.

           I tore my gaze from the dress and looked back at them, “Uh just looking master, I have never been to a place like this before.”

           They nodded thoughtfully and strode in the doors.

           I realized they never looked behind them, they never seemed to make sure I was following. They just trusted me too. For a moment I debated running off as I rubbed the narrow band of ink around my neck. The indication I was theirs. Something inside me tried to rise against that. To say I was not some pet of theirs. At the same time though, they had protected me like no one else. I entered the shop after them.

           I was amazed, it was one of those places that was much bigger on the inside than the outside. There were rows of materials and styles of clothing. I swore I even saw some rather historical-looking items.

           The owner, a slender elderly man strode out of the back with a strange accent, “Welcome, welcome, welcome my customers!” A bright smile was plastered across his face. Then he saw my master and froze. His voice changed and sounded like it was echoing and that strange language my master spoke came out of his mouth.

           My master responded in kind and gestured toward me. “But please continue in English if you would, my pet here does not understand Infernal yet.”

           I blushed at his casual reference to me, “Pet meet Legion. Legion meets Alex.”

           The elderly man chuckled, “Azrael, a mortal pet? I did not think such as your style.”

           I looked at my master as the name tickled some distant memory I had. My master idly flipped through colors and would occasionally hold it up to me.

           “The little thing managed to summon me on accident and they caught my interest.” My master responded casually. “Otherwise, I would not have left the pits.”

           Legion nodded, “Indeed, you never cared much for wandering the mortal realm. So what brings you to my little shop?”

           “As I already explained, I want some new clothes for my pet here. They are tremendously terrible at dressing themselves.”

           “Hey!” I spoke up suddenly in protest, “I’m not that bad.”

           My master chuckled, “Really pet? I am not mocking you, but by your own admission the nicest clothing you had was a work shirt.”

           I felt my cheeks go hot as I grew embarrassed, “It’s not like I had anything to dress up for.” I mumbled.

           My master smiled at me with a hint of mischief, “Aye, but now I have you and you do represent me. So, I will have you looking immaculate.” They looked over to Legion, “Pick a suit out for them, make it slim-fitting, and accentuate their features.”

           Legion looked me over and began taking notes in a little pocket notebook, “Colors?”

           “My colors and emblem if you would and make sure their neck marking is visible. I will not have any question that they are mine.”

           I felt a strange feeling in my chest, a warmth that seemed to spread. I shook it off and tried to distract myself by looking at materials.

           “Undergarments?” Legion asked casually.

           I froze, “What?!” I yelped loudly.

           Legion just looked at me in amusement and my master chuckled. “Pet, based on what I saw in your apartment no underclothes you have will be appropriate with this clothing.” They looked back over to Legion, “Let them pick from a full selection and let them dress.”

           Legion nodded, “Payment?”

           My master snorted, “You doubt my worth Legion?”

           Legion hissed in annoyance, “You know better than that Azrael. I am asking if you are paying in mortal currency, gold, infernal gold, or souls.”

           Azrael shook their head, “Ah, my apologies. Gold.” They opened up a pouch from inside their jacket and pulled out a hefty handful of gold and passed it to Legion.

           I felt my eyes bulge out of my head, I knew that had to be over several thousand dollars, more if they were pure gold.

           “The finest for my pet Legion, spare no expense.” My master ordered.

           Legion bowed and seemed to shimmer as multiple versions of him appeared and wandered off, “As you command Lord Azrael.” One of the dozen Legions looked at me, “Follow me, Alex.” 

           My master nodded at me and I followed looking back to see them sit down in a chair and wave another of the Legions over.

           I soon found myself in a dressing room and Legion was soon measuring me. After a bit of silence he spoke, “You seem very calm for a mortal, especially one so new to these things. Most usually jump when they see me split off.”

           I shrugged, “Makes sense with your name. I mean today I was drawing and the next thing I know I had a demon that was about to kill me. It has been a day.”

           “Yet you are not screaming and trying to run off.” He commented measuring my arm.

           I looked off in the distance and remembered how quickly my master had destroyed Jack. The warmth in their gaze as they told me I was theirs. Even despite their earlier manipulation, I found myself looking at them in a more favorable light. Besides, they apparently wanted me when no one else did. “They own me,” I answered simply. “Besides I have literally nowhere to go, and I doubt I could get away if I did run.” 

           Legion just worked silently for a moment.

           “I honestly don’t know why they bothered with me, I am worthless and have been used up. Nothing impressive here.” I said derisively to myself.

           Legion chuckled as he continued to work with a test jacket adjusting it as he went, “Well you belong to them now, so your value is whatever they say it is.” He stepped back, “And right now Azrael has already spent over twenty gold on you, or about thirty grand US.”

           I froze and I swear my heart stopped, “Uh what?”

           Legion chuckled again, “Granted, wealth is something different for demons like us, but still a hefty amount.” He pointed me at a closed door. “Go in there I have laid out a selection of undergarments suitable for the suit that I making. It will be delivered to you shortly. You may pick any number of them. Place your old clothes in the bin, you will not need them.” He spun and left the room.

           I walked over to the door and looked inside. Indeed, a full selection of undergarments had been laid out. I saw everything from boxers to women’s thongs. The only similarity between them is they were all very tight-fitting. There were even some stockings and garter belts. I looked around to see if I was being spied on. Satisfied I was not being watched, I shimmied out of my clothes and tossed them in the bin as instructed. I stood there in my boxers looking over the underwear. Immediately I spied a plain pair of boxers and picked them up. They were simple, practical, and looked to be comfortable. Something athletes would wear that was made of a silky spandex material. In this privacy though without prying eyes, I let myself be drawn to the skimpier stuff. Things I would stare at and wish I was able to wear. At first, I just looked at the things like the jockstraps. Even tried a few of the men’s thongs on. They looked ok, but something was missing. I gave in and tried a pair of panties. They were simple, plain, and black. Made of some material that was soft and comfortable. They slid up easily and for a moment I stared at myself as I appreciated how comfortable I was in them. Then I saw the hair covering my legs, the unsightly bulge, and how my hips did not quite fill them out as they should. I immediately took them off and threw them to the side. I felt like crying and weeping, but could not figure out why. So instead, I got the first set of boxers I had selected and slid them on. I hated how I looked, nothing ever felt or looked right.

           A bell dinged over a closet and I looked up. I opened the closet and saw the clothes within. It was an extremely modified suit. I slowly dressed in it and shrugged into the jacket. I did my best to make sure it was on kind of right. I slipped on the polished boots that were placed with the clothes and walked out. I did not even bother looking at myself. Why would I? After all, it did not matter how fancily you dressed up a pig, it would still be a pig. Me, I was the pig.

           One of the Legion’s was waiting for me and did a few quick adjustments. Then he escorted me out to where my master was waiting. They had their sunglasses off and had relaxed their human disguise. They were drinking some drink with a package nearby. 

           Legion clapped loudly, “May I present, Alex,” and gestured to me broadly.

           My master looked up and I froze. I suddenly felt exposed, I knew I was ugly and undesirable. They would see all of their efforts wasted and immediately kick me out. Remove their mark and I would be back on the streets. I gulped.

           Their eyes seemed to smolder as they stood and looked me up and down. I had never felt more vulnerable than at that moment. They spoke not a word as they approached me. 

           I felt my cheeks heat again as they circled me, looking over every inch of me. I waited expectantly for the harsh words and criticisms.

           “My pet,” They spoke with a voice that rumbled with a low growl. “You look absolutely delectable.” They turned to Legion, “Excellent work as ever.”

           I stared at them in shock, “What?” I whispered softly in shock.

           “You heard me, pet, you look absolutely delicious.” They turned back to me with a slow gaze up and down that seemed to be staring past the clothes. Their tongue slid over their lips and lingered on a fang. I felt a shudder run through my body that was definitely not of fear. I had never felt like this before. I knew I was blushing.

           “Uh oh,” I had never been told anything like that before in my life. “I think you may need glasses.”

           They grabbed my chin and made me look into those smoldering orange eyes, “Who is the master here pet?”

           “You are.” I did not even hesitate. Part of me was wondering what the hell was going on. Everything else did not care in the slightest.

           “Do not question my sight again my pet.” Their eyes seemed to be devouring me, “If I say you look delicious, then it is so. If I say you look beautiful, then it is so. I do not lie, and I have never lied. Understand?”

           I swallowed and my knees felt weak as my mind latched on to the word beautiful. Did they really think me beautiful? “Yes, master.” I could barely whisper.

           “Good.” They let go of my chin slowly. I could still feel the phantom warmth from where they had held me. “Legion, reserve us a suitable hotel room and send me the details if you would. I am voraciously hungry and I suspect my pet has not eaten either.”

           Legion nodded with an amused smile, “Indeed Lord Azrael, would you like the things sent there?”

           “Indeed, and have that other task finished for me if you would.” My master commanded.

           “It will be done.” Legion bowed and collapsed back into one being before pulling out a cell phone.

           “Come my pet, let us go eat,” Azrael said and walked out the door.

           I followed on their heels with a weird fluttering in my stomach as I remembered how they had said how I looked delicious. My mind wandered with the possibilities there, but I dismissed them all the same. Surely they were exaggerating. I definitely was not ready to see the limo waiting for us.

           I gaped as my master opened the door and gestured for me to get in. I shyly obeyed and they slid in beside me. I was suddenly aware of their warmth and their smoky wooden scent of them. I barely heard the directions they gave the driver as I shifted back and forth. It was some restaurant I had never heard of. I quickly found out that even limos are subject to traffic. As time drug on I found I could not help myself and drifted off to sleep slumping to the side as my body gave in to the various stresses of the day.

           For the first night in months, I did not have nightmares. Instead, it was just pleasant warmth that was very cozy. I felt a gentle shaking motion with a warm voice.

           “…pet. Wake up my pretty little pet, it is time to eat.” My master’s voice was so very soothing.

           I made a disgruntled noise which got a warm chuckle that seemed to vibrate me.

           “Come now, I know you are hungry.” Their voice was just delightful in my hazy sleep-addled state.

           I blinked awake and slowly realized I was wrapped in their embrace as I had fallen asleep and slumped over into them and I was mostly in their lap. Their warm breath tickled my neck and their hand gently rubbed my upper back. I immediately jerked back and wrapped my arms around myself. A cold sweat spread across me. I had been vulnerable again. I shook at the memories of what had happened the last time I had let myself be vulnerable like that. I suddenly looked over at my master in fear. What did they want? What would they do? I pressed myself against the car door feeling myself shake as I felt for the handle.

           “Alex?” They said, using my name for once.

           I stopped at that familiar sound. It was warm.

           “Have I done something to frighten you?” Their voice was soft and not accusatory.

           I shook my head no; I did not trust my voice.

           They took a crystal out of their pocket and handed it to me. “Will you walk with me?”

           I accepted the crystal and nodded.

           They stepped out and opened my door, but did not touch me. Something I felt a swell of gratitude for. We walked side by side for several minutes. Azrael stayed just out of arms reach. Close enough it was comforting, but not so close that I felt threatened. Again, I felt deep gratitude, which I could not quite express.

           They finally spoke, “That crystal is the key to your freedom. If you touch it to your marking, it will disappear. You will be free of me and there will be enough money in your account to start a new life. Somewhere far away from here.” There was a long pause, “At this moment your fate is in your hands. I do not bind you; you will be free from every restriction I have placed on you.”

           I felt tears dribble down my cheeks, “I knew I wasn’t worth it.” I stared at the shimmering quartz crystal. It seemed to glow with radiant light.

           “Alex,” Their voice was soft, “I am not rejecting you. I am offering you a choice.”

           “Why?!” I almost yelled, “You manipulated me into this and now you’re just going to cut me loose?!” 

           They looked at me with such gentleness my anger melted away to be replaced by misery. 

“Just tell me you don’t want me anymore. Do me that much at least.” I said bitterly. I always screwed things up. I was so tainted even a demon did not want anything to do with me.

They remained silent for a long moment as I cried, “I have slain many things in my existence.” Azrael said looking away from me and up to the sky, “When you summoned me, I was filled with rage. For our kind being summoned is an insult. Something to be mocked for. My goal was to kill the summoner and take the head back to show I would not tolerate disrespect.” They looked back at me, “Instead of some black-robed fool, instead, I find a mortal at my feet in abysmal living conditions. Someone who hates themselves so very much. I see the misery etched into their face, their very soul. When asked what they want, they ask for a pittance. Mere morsels of what I could offer.” Azrael chuckled softly, “I did not believe them of course. I have known mortals all too well. When they are involved with us, they are greedy and demanding. So, I bind the poor thing to speak only the truth. I was determined to drag out the truth and then punish them for their insolence.” There was another long pause, I could not look at them as I was shaking uncontrollably tears dripping down my face. “So I watch them fight the compulsion, endure pain past what many have endured and then they finally confess,” Azrael’s voice was full of emotion, “Instead of riches or power, they beg for an end to the pain. A painless death. A request warriors ask for when they are beyond help. To no longer suffer the indignity of extended suffering. A desperate request one makes when they see no other path.”

I looked back over to Azrael, and I found they were once again staring up. Their eyes had dulled to a sullen orange glow. I opened my mouth to speak, but could not find words.

“I made the decision to give this to them,” They continued with a trace of amusement in their voice, “It was a reasonable request, an honorable one. Something I could not fault them for. For I could see the wounds on their soul, the bleeding pain. I gave them the instructions and began searching for the proper words to send them off to hopefully a better chance.” Azrael looked back at me, “Then I saw them kneeling, facing away from me. Weeping in gratitude. So thankful for the cruelty of my blade. A creature of such delicateness that has done its best to withstand the blows of life. A thing of beauty.” Their eyes seemed to dim even more, “I found I could not deliver that final blow. I abhor deception though, I am bound not to lie.”

“But you manipulated me, you deceived me.” I stated, then frowned at my pleading tone, “I am not complaining, I just-” They held up a hand and I grew silent.

“Tell me Alex do you recognize my name?” They asked with a wry smile.

I thought for a long moment and then some distant show I watched made the connection. Azrael, the angel of death. I stared at them and for a moment it was like I glimpsed between the veil and saw a being of burning darkness with four blazing white wings that were scorched from flames. Then I was back, “You’re an angel.” I gasped in shock.

“Not anymore, I disagreed with my creator regarding some tasks and was banished from his domain.” Their smile grew sad, “But yes, I was the angel of death, now I am just death. Instead of ending you, I bound you to me, a literal manifestation of death. You received a death. Just not the one you wanted at the time for I could not destroy something so delicate. Even at that point, you were still defiant and challenging. It was an amazing thing to see. A mortal challenging a being they knew to be a demon.”

“Oh.” I slowly realized that they were right. I had asked for death and gotten it. Just a very different version of it.

“I wanted to see how this mortal existed, what their pains were. See what I could change.” Azrael continued, “I had them take me to their work, a soulless place where I met one of their antagonists.” A vicious smile filled their face, “That was sheer pleasure to destroy them, to break them down.” They took a single step closer to me.

I felt my knees shake, but I did not turn away.

“I saw the despair in their eyes after. How they expected me to leave just because they survived. That somehow their worth was forever damaged by the cruelty of life.” Azrael took another step, “I saw the joy in their face when I reminded them who they belonged to. I saw how they followed after me. What was a mission of mercy became more as I grew attached to this little mortal who clung to the bares of hopes.” Another step. “I saw the jewel that they are, and I was filled with a desire to help them shine.” Another step, “So I decided to dress them in the finery they deserved, to show them they were worth more than what this pitiful world had to offer.” They were right next to me, “Then they woke and I saw them press themselves against the door in fear of me. The terror in their eyes, the past hurt etched on their features.” Azrael covered the gem in my hand. “I had always planned to release you when you found your value, but then I realized I did not want to release this precious jewel. But if it was to be mine, it had to be of its will.” They closed my hand gently around the gem. “This is that choice, you can free yourself, or you can choose to remain mine.”

I stood there feeling the warmth of their hand around mine.

“Know this Alex, should you choose to be mine there will be a point of no going back. You will be corrupted in the eyes of mortal and divine. You will be entangled to my will; you will be mine until such time you are powerful enough not to be. You will not see the light of heaven except when it is directed against you. There will be no salvation for you, no eternity in heaven. Instead, you will find yourself in the depths of hell. There will be no eternal peace. You will belong to an avatar of death. My existence is violence and death. If you choose this, you choose the path of the damned.”

I stood there for a long moment. I felt the weight of their words wash over me. The thought of being cursed and damned was sobering. Then I remembered. It was not some divine being that showed me kindness. That pulled me from my home, that was tender to me, that crushed my abuser. There was no salvation coming from god anyways. I pulled my hand from their gentle hold.

“I’ve made my decision,” I whispered.

I saw sadness fill their face as they stepped back.

Then I dropped the gem, the key to my freedom on the pavement. 

Their eyes widened in shock.

I stomped on the gem and shattered it. I ground it beneath my heel. I stared at the crystal dust until it stopped glowing. I looked back at them.

I opened my mouth to try and say something witty. They were on me in an instant though. Once again pulling my face close in an unforgiving grip their eyes blazing like the sun as our lips were separated by only a breath of air.

“Do you understand what you chose mortal?” They smelled of smoke and fire.

“I chose damnation, I chose corruption, I chose to be cursed in the light of heaven,” I breathed. I wanted something, but I did not know what. I wondered what their lips would taste like. I had never been attracted to the masculine sort before, but this, this oh this was a fire in my belly. “I chose to be with the master who chose me when no one else would have me. Not even god. And I would do it again.”

The rumbling growl that came from Azrael, my master, turned me to jelly. “Very well my pet. Now we have reservations we are late for.” They let go and I almost collapsed. 

“Hey!” I yelped.

“Yes, my pet?” They smiled at me with that wicked, wicked smile, “Do you want something?”

I open and closed my mouth several times before I simply hurried to catch up to them. I had a strong feeling Azrael knew exactly what I wanted, perhaps more than I did. We walked in companionable silence though I felt like I was turning to mush with every step.

We reached the restaurant and I realized it was one of the overly expensive places in town. Azrael checked us in and we walked to a table. Heads turned to look at me as we reached the table.

“Maybe we should go,” I whispered to them. “I don’t belong here and everyone knows it.” 

My master chuckled, “Go look at yourself in the bathroom my little pet because I have a feeling you have not truly looked at yourself yet.”

I frowned at him but obeyed. I asked a server who looked at me when he thought I was not looking for directions. My spirits fell and I sighed as I entered the marble bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. 

I barely recognized myself. The suit I was wearing was unlike any suit I had seen before. My dress shirt was a crimson the same color as blood. It was tailored to the point it looked like it was glued to me. The suit coat and pants were both made of silken black cloth, on the back was a crimson emblem the color of my dress shirt. It was hard to look at and I knew it was Azrael’s emblem, marking me as their property. The coat was short and barely came to the waist of the pants where my slender black and silver belt wrapped around above my hips. The pants were also practically glued to me. My ass looked curvier than it had any right to and my legs were very much on display. It was a very feminine look, and I loved it. I turned this way and that and felt a bit happy with my appearance. The only thing about me that looked like I was out of place was that emblem and I realized I was catching gazes for other reasons. I rushed back to our table with my cheeks flushed.

Azrael chuckled at me, “I ordered us some wine and appetizers. I see you finally appreciate what you are wearing.”

I nodded shyly and then the wine arrived. 

It was some of the most delicious wine I ever had. Master told me it was iced wine and cut me off after two glasses because I was getting tipsy. The appetizers of some delicious Italian salad with mozzarella cheese and crunchy bread were something I had never had. I let Azrael order the main course for me as well. They knew what was good, I most definitely was floundering. The conversation we had was relaxed, I found that Azrael enjoyed yoga of all things. Then I heard my name

“Alex?!” I froze at the voice; it was Eliza my ex. The one who had dumped me because of Jack. The only time I had heard from her after was after I begged her to give me a reason why she left. The message she sent in response still haunted me.

Azrael saw my reaction and my master’s eyes narrowed.

I stiffly turned around and saw Eliza on the arm of some guy in a suit. She was wearing a green gown that was risqué. “Hi, Eliza,” I said weakly with a sick grin. Maybe she would just walk away.

“How did you afford this place?” She didn’t wait for a response, “Never mind, your ‘date’ gives it away. You fucking faggot, I can’t believe I actually kissed you once. Can easily see that you’ve gone back to your old habits.”

I shrank inside myself. This would go on, she had an endless supply of insults and Jack had been gleefully graphic.

She turned her attention to Azrael, “You should know your whore is diseased and gonna lose his teeth soon.” Her smile was mocking, “Though if you were willing to spend any money on him shows how little you care.”

I shot up, “Shut up!” I snarled at her, surprising even myself. “Listen, Eliza, I don’t care what you say about me. But you will not speak to them in that way.”

She poked me in the chest as her date towered menacingly behind her, “I’ll say whatever I want, and if you do anything my husband will beat the shit out of you and then have you arrested.” But a degenerate like you would probably like it getting passed around a cell.” Her laugh was mocking.

“Pet, please take a seat,” Azrael said and dabbed their mouth.

I sat down while Eliza laughed mockingly, “I fucking knew it, you’re selling yourself again. Got that desperate again huh?”

I felt hot tears in my eyes, but I still heard them, Azrael, my master.

“Tell me, cunt.” Their voice was brutally sharp, “Are you aware your insecurity is on full display. You could not stand your betters enjoying themselves so you decided to come over here and try to ruin a very pleasant dinner.”

I looked up and saw them stand and walk around the table to me. They placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

“How dare-” Eliza began.

“If you do not shut your mouth cunt, I will remove your tongue. Your voice grates on the nerves.” Azrael said evenly.

“How dare you talk to my wife like that!!” Eliza’s husband yelled.

“Sit down Senator McDonnel.” My master said calmly, “If you don’t, I will pin your testicles to the table.” The menace in their voice was evident, they turned calmly to the server, “Bring two chairs for our uninvited guests, please. Pet, to me.”

I immediately moved to their side, they ruffled my hair and I relaxed in the chair next to them. The server reappeared with another server and dropped off two chairs that Eliza and her senator husband sat down in with obvious confusion.

Azrael then leaned onto the table lacing their fingers together, “Now please explain to me cunt, why the fuck you felt the need to interrupt our dinner?” They did not raise their voice, but the expletive silenced the room around us. “You relinquished your claim long ago to my pet and yet here you are trying to assert some influence on them. This, this annoys me.”

“Listen here you son of a bitch!” The senator yelled, “I am a senator and I will not be spoken to like this. I am calling the police.” He pulled out his cell and began dialing. 

Azrael turned to Eliza who was smiling triumphantly, “Tell me cunt, the police generally take at least five minutes to arrive in this part of town, what do you think your chances are of escaping with your tongue still inside your head?”

Eliza’s smile faltered, “The police are on their way.”

“And individuals like you have hid behind people like them for centuries. However, they cannot save you from me.” Azrael looked at the senator, “McDonnel, it is my turn for a phone call.” My master pulled out a cellphone that looked unlike any I had ever seen before and dialed a number. They spoke in a foreign language to someone on the other end. Then they hung up. Almost immediately Senator McDonnel’s phone rang.

He stared in shock at the ringing phone and Eliza suddenly looked worried. The senator answered the phone quietly and I heard yelling on the other end. He nodded and gave affirmative answers looking like a whipped dog.

“Do you understand now, senator?” Azrael asked while sipping their wine.

Senator McDonnel nodded numbly, “What do you want?”

Eliza froze, “Babe? What are you doing babe?” She clutched at his arm, “What’s going on?”

The senator pulled his arm out of her grasp, “I am in a mess now because you wanted to go be a bitch.” He looked back to Azrael.

My master smiled menacingly, “Well first you are going to call the police back and inform them you misunderstood the situation, it was your wife that was being the aggressor and she should be arrested.”

Eliza froze as the senator nodded weakly, “Then what?”

Eliza looked like her world had cracked apart, “What? Babe, what? why?”

“Then in the morning you will contact a divorce attorney and pursue a divorce on the grounds your wife has been unfaithful, you already know it’s true.” Azrael instructed again, “For now get up and go make that phone call.” They made a shooing motion.

The senator got up and moved away pulling out their phone.

Eliza sat stunned then opened her mouth and moved to follow.

“Sit cunt.” Azrael commanded, “You have no shield and you are about to go to jail, your defiance will only make it worse.”

She looked back and ignored their warning, “You can’t do this, you aren’t doing this because of some faggot.”

Azrael stood up, “Attention everyone!” all eyes turned to them. “I am about to remove this cunt’s tongue for continuously insulting what is mine. Are there any objections to my decision?” 

Eliza sat pale as everyone in the dining room collectively turned away.

My master picked up a steak knife and walked to her, “Open your mouth cunt, or I take your nose too, then your ears.”

I stared in disbelief. With Jack, it had been brutal and quick. This was cold, cruel, and malicious. I wanted to stop them. To protest. But I remembered the words, the mocking, the cruelty she had shown me. I stayed silent.

“Alex please, babe?” She pleaded.

I simply glared at her. Anger burned in my chest.

Azrael was standing over her now, “Open.”

She cried as she opened her mouth. I saw the senator hang up his phone and winced as her pained screams tore through the restaurant and all the diners simply carried on like they had not heard anything. My master was efficient and quick. They tossed her tongue on the table in front of her and casually impaled it with the bloody knife. 

“I warned you, cunt.” Azrael said softly as they wiped their bloody hand on her dress, “But hey you have a pretty face for when you get to jail.” 

The terror in her eyes filled me with visceral satisfaction. Part of me said it was wrong, but she was the one who came over and tried to ruin things. I had never done anything to her and she just wanted to be cruel.

“Senator,” Azrael called him over. He came over and avoided looking at his soon-to-be former wife, “You will tell the police that after you confronted her about her cheating on you with your pool boy she cut out her own tongue. Understand?”

He nodded. He looked too pale for words.

“Also pay for our food and tip generously,” Azrael added just to add insult to injury.

Two minutes later the police showed up and took away Eliza and the Senator disappeared shortly. Cognitively, I knew we had just ruined two people’s lives. I could not bring myself to care and that steak was the best I ever had. After dinner we decided to walk to the hotel, we had rooms reserved at.

It was slightly chilly, but I tucked myself up under my master’s arm. I enjoyed the warmth radiating from him. After a while, I finally spoke.

“Master, why did all of those people refuse to speak out.” I asked, “I know why I didn’t but why did they.”

They smiled, “In a place like that it is rare to find an uncorrupted soul outside of the staff. After all, one does not obtain that level of wealth without causing harm to others, without lying and cheating. I simply showed I was the largest threat and none wished to challenge me. The staff, well I suspect the staff had suffered abuse at her and her husband’s hands in the past. So why would they defend someone who had made their jobs and lives that much more difficult.”

I nodded to them and we continued our peaceful walk. We reached a rather luxurious hotel and Azrael simply nodded at the front desk and we took the elevator to the top level. The penthouse suite. I thought I knew what luxury was, in reality, I had not the slightest idea. While the novelty was impressive, after a bit it made me somewhat nauseated. I walked out on the balcony and stared over the city towards the crappy apartment where I had lived, the streets I used to be homeless on, now I was in the ivory tower above the misery.

“You look thoughtful my pet,” My master said. Their very presence warmed me.

“I struggled for years to simply survive, and here I am. Standing above it all because of pure luck. I want to enjoy it, but I know just how many still require help. And I feel wrong for being here while others suffer, people who are like me.”

Azrael stayed silent for a moment, “Believe it or not, I understand your thoughts. What is here in the mortal realm pales in comparison to heaven. I often stood on the edges and looked down thinking similar things.”

“What caused you to leave?” I asked looking at them as their crimson skin and glowing eyes painted a rather lovely picture against the night sky.

“The creator used me as their hitman for literal ages. If they had dirty work to do, they would send me. Once they sent me to murder a nation’s entire children. And I did it.”

“Egypt.” I breathed.

“Indeed, it was just another atrocity in a long line of dozens that I had done in the name of righteousness.” Azrael seemed sad. Their shoulders slumped. “When Lucifer rebelled, I longed to join them, but I told myself it was the proper and loyal thing to do to stay. All the same, I did not fight their forces. It is the first time the creator punished me. I was cursed to feel nothing when I caused death. They did what they could to rob me of my empathy. It also made me a more efficient tool to wreak death as they commanded.” They sighed and they looked defeated, “Then they had me slaughter infants and children in their beds. I did it as painlessly as I could, still, the sight of an infant growing still in their mother’s arms as I passed was too much and it broke me.” 

“Broke you?”

“Millenia of regret, sadness, and pain for the multitude of deaths I caused in a lord’s name who cared for their creation as much as a gardener would care about ants. I saw their lives, and the pain I caused with every single life I took. The ruined cities, the collapsed nations. And it made me sick. I wandered the mortal realm for centuries. Looking for a purpose beyond death.” They sighed again; this story was taking a toll on them. “I returned to heaven; I went before the creator. I protested against the treatment of mortals, and how cheaply their lives were treated. I begged for a new job.”

“They said no, didn’t they?” I asked as I pressed myself into my master’s side.

They laughed and the sound was full of pain, “Indeed they did, that is when I cast myself out from heaven. My fallen siblings welcomed me and demanded nothing of me. It is our goal one day to bring the heavens down around the creator’s ears, using whatever methods we may.” Azrael sighed, “I avoided walking the mortal realm because I would see the pains of my crimes everywhere. I still did occasionally, did what little I could to ease some of the sufferings.”

I nodded, there was no point in asking what. I cackled a bit as I realized I was now involved with a being who had literally seen civilizations rise and fall. I yawned and leaned into them sleepily. They scooped me up in their arms and carried me back inside. I leaned my head on their shoulder and they laid me down gently in the bed and slowly covered me up. Then my master went to leave.

I sat up sleepily, “Where are you going?”

Azrael looked back at me with a smoldering look, “To my own room pet, why?” They wore a knowing smile.

I blushed, “Will you stay with me tonight? I don’t want to have nightmares.”

They chuckled and walked back to the bed. They stood over me, “Normally I would make you beg little pet, but tonight I will simply give in to your shy little smile. What can I do to make you comfortable?”

I blinked in surprise, “What do you mean?”

“My pet,” Their smile was wicked and their eyes practically emitted sparks, “I usually sleep without any clothes, I would not want to make you uncomfortable.”

I blushed and felt myself flush with heat, “Uhmm, ahhhh, mmmm.” I was trying very hard not to think about what was under those clothes, but still, my body rose to the occasion. “Boxers!” I yelped, “Boxers are good, yep, yep, that’s how I sleep.”

“Then go get ready for bed my pet, I already took care of my nightly preparations before the balcony.” Watching my master unbutton their shirt completely arrested my thought processes as they spoke. “My pet, you’re staring.” 

I turned beet red and leaped up. I sprinted for the bathroom and slammed the door behind me as I heard my master chuckle in that gravelly tone that…did things… to me. I brushed my teeth and stripped down to my boxers seeing them a little damp in the front. I blushed and left the bathroom covering myself. My master was simply reading some tome I did not recognize, but once they were aware of my presence. Well to say they stared is an understatement.

It was the first time I experienced anything close to a devouring gaze. The hunger in their eyes was not related to food at all. And I could feel it everywhere.

“Are you coming to bed my little pet?” They asked setting the tome down.

I nodded and shyly climbed in bed beside them, “Hold me please?” I asked timidly.

They pulled me close and I felt my cheeks color as their body pressed against mine. I snuggled into them and felt them inhale my scent. I suddenly felt at peace and safe. Sleep took me rapidly despite some very dirty thoughts.

Thoughts that haunted me into my sleep. To say I dreamed of them would be an understatement. I dreamed of me caving to their most depraved desires. To give me to them in any way they wanted. Feeling their hands all over me. To feel them inside me, to taste them, to hear them praise me as I was on my knees. To feel their fangs on my neck. Every dirty story and naughty smut were building up inside me. Fueling my dreams. I woke myself with a moan and I felt myself grinding backward onto a very hard and fairly sizeable cock. I was panting and intensely aware of their heated breath on my neck.

“Are you awake master?” I asked quietly.

Their response was a growl in my ear that sent shivers down my spine, “What do you think my little pet? It is hard to sleep with you moaning in your sleep and grinding on me.” Their fingers dug into my hips causing me to let out a tiny moan. 

I giggled surprising myself, I had never been held or craved in this way. And it felt good. I ground myself backward feeling their hardness press more firmly against me. I cheekily slid up and down their length.

Their hand was suddenly around my throat, “You keep this up pet and I will take you, right here. Right now.”

I whimpered in pleasure at the tightness of their grip. It felt so good I knew my words in charge and with a small phrase they would claim me, instantly. I pressed my ass back into them. “Do it,” I whispered.

I had been used before, and I had let myself be used. I had even had what could be considered normal sex. The first two had been unpleasant, to say the least, I was doing things for survival. The other was ok. This, this was something else. Something so much better I could not describe it. The sheer hunger in their eyes had me shivering. The force that they threw the covers off of us. The sound of my boxers being ripped off. The growl seemed to reverberate in my very soul. My moans and gasps as their nails left bright red trails down my skin. The feel of their lips as they kissed me, their tongue as they licked spots that had me moaning, and their teeth that left pleasurable agony in their wake. They had been hungry for me, and they devoured me. And I loved every moment of it.

I found myself on my knees, my body covered in marks as my chest heaved, my cock dripping on the sheets. I was looking up at the panting, my mouth watering. I watched as they slowly lowered their boxers revealing a beautiful cock. I was on them in an instant. It wasn’t my first time doing this, but it was the first time I enjoyed every moment of it. I reveled in the groans I teased out of them. The way they grabbed my hair and forced me further down onto them. How they tasted on my tongue as they leaked into my mouth. Then they threw me onto my stomach. Their cock popped out of my mouth with a wet pop. I knew what was coming and could not wait. I raised my hips panting.

“Please master,” I whined, “Take me.”

“That’s my little slut.” They growled.

I melted and then I felt them pushing into me. I screamed in equal parts agony and pleasure. I came right them from it as they ravaged me. Their fingers dug into my hips. The pain disappeared and was replaced with a mind-melting pleasure. My thoughts became incoherent as I became only aware of them, their touch, and them being inside me. I came again and again. Their thrusts became more rapid, deeper, and more savage. I knew they were getting close.

“Please, please, please, please.” I begged, “Cum in me master, mark me, make me yours.”

They did not respond with words. I just felt teeth piercing my skin at my neck and I was immediately a shuddering mess as I felt their cum that was much hotter than any mortal cum fill me. Their cock pulsed in me over and over and over. I shook in pleasure, shuddering, and moaning. They did not pull out, instead they pushed deeper, making me moan again. They wrapped me in their arms as we lay panting on the bed.

“That’s my good little pet slut.” They growled in my ear.

I moaned at their words and wrapped my hands around theirs as sleep took me. I think I came again as I drifted off.

33