Chapter 5 – Capital Trouble
2.1k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did you think i would be able to bring down divine judgement or something" I stand infront of a room filled with disappointed old people. I was brought to them to perform magic.

I dont appreciate the whole monkey song and dance, but i played along. As far as i can tell they are just rando nobles and mages. But my talent compared to my ability to cast is very large. I thought that what i was able to do is very impressive. But i am not sure what they were looking for.

"Young man, come close let me divine your talents" An older looking man with white robes. He was introduced to me as a high ranking priest of the world religion. That is the goddess' religion. There are other gods but its mostly her when someone mentions gods and what not.

I came closer to him. Jaina tutored me over the journey, about history and the nobility and what to expect. But i was completely unprepared when i was told to perform. Looking over to her, shes sitting on the bench with the other old men. Biting her nails in nervousness.

The priest lays his right hand on my forehead. The rooms atmosphere takes a sudden turn as everyone leans in from their chairs and pays greater attention to the inspection.

As his mana enters my skull, i start feeling a reaction all over my body. A faint image of a gigantic woman with pink hair and her size isnt the only large thing about her. She has breasts and thighs that are Chef kiss*. Shes laying on her side. Covered with a see through thin silk that is acting more like a loose blanket.

Navel piercing with gems studded. If you sold them, you would probably be able to buy a country with them. Going slightly higher you can see the mountains. Covered with nipple pasties, Just teasing to would they could look like.

Her face, atleast what could be seen of it is stunningly gorgeous, Perfect jawline, The most crimson full lips. a beauty mark right on the perfect spot on the upper left lip. Unfortunately you can not see further up, as her head veil covers her eyes.

Going back down, Her bush is trimmed into the shape of a heart. her panties are just a string. You can see how supple her skin is from the slight compression that the string has on her skin. She must be like dough when you squeeze her all over. The folds of her body are doing a better job protecting her decency. Her legs are just a continuation of perfection. Eventually ending on manicured feet with pink toes nails matching her hair.

"Hoh ho ho, Young man. I am most pleased with you." She brings her hand up to her mouth as she laughs.

I try to speak, but nothing comes out. You might think this is a joke about how i lost my breath, but i actually cant make a sound.

"Well i can talk to you, but you can only listen. You should be happy such a chance to speak with a goddess is an impossibility for most mortals." I was originally going to be nice and cordial, because shes smoking hot and i am a little scared of her. But what the fuck. She kills me and then tells me i should be happy.

I am going to be a little peeved. What, did you think i am going to be angry. Are you stupid. i dont want to end this life faster than the last. shes a literal god, they dont work on the same rules as us.

"Well my little friend, you should know why i originally picked you. But you far exceed the talents of the others and exceeding my expectations." Huh others?

"Unfortunately i cant make you a chosen of mine. The picking process is very intimate and rigorous. I will grant you freedom as compensation. You may live your life. Marry a peasant, live in a farm. Grow old and die. Surrounded with animals that wallow in their own filth. Hoh ho ho-" She laughs at my plight. I sense her emotions. she feels like she did me a great service and feels good about her self for doing a good deed. I also sense a total apathy about what happens to me after i leave her sight.

"I am going to tell my priest to just let you be, hes going to understand what that means. Oh yes about your karmic ties, i picked them out for you. Dont worry they were picked with many years of experience behind each one. Well any more questions. Oh i forgot, you cant speak. Hoh ho ho ho. Well ta-ta" She waves me off and the image ends.

The priest's original serene expression is suddenly changed from calm to panic and then back to a forceful calm. I feel his internal emotions show surprise and confusion. Finally settling down to a disturbed acceptance.

"Hes just talented, there are no irregularities." After getting his bearings back, his face becomes inscrutable. If you hadnt seen his face a few seconds ago, it would seem like nothing is out of the ordinary.

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING. Isnt he supposed to have the emperors bloodline"A thin boney faced man in clothing of much higher quality than the others screams at the priest. He was one of the few that was most excited to meet me.

"There was never proof that he has a bloodline at all. Its just you wild imagination that made you think that he could have it. There are thousands of possibilities that could have explained it away."The priest completely unfazed with the screaming and spittle flying his way.

"This is enough testing for the child. You learned what you needed." Jaina hushes everyone, before anyone can do anything else. She walks next to me and prepares to teleport me as fast as she can.

The Man looks angrily at her, clearly not done speaking. As the magics start manifesting he shoots me a conflicted look, just as i faded away. Before i can comprehend the situation at all. Jaina brought me away.

A few moments after the teleport. Jaina falls to her knees. I am still personally shellshocked about the whole situation .

I clutch my mage bomb, considering if i should have blown the room to smithereens and ran out to live a feral child's life. Atleast then i wouldnt be pulled into politics. But hey, there isnt a pill for regret.

"Well arent you a handful." She jokes as she rubs my head.

"What was all of that. You never mentioned that test." The simplest way to get answers is to ask, so why dont i try that.

"I guess it slipped my mind."She coyly smacks her head. Miming that she forgot to tell me.

Oh boy this is not going to be easy.

45