Intermission 1 – Erlan Stoya (gray mage)
1.3k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am a 1 circle mage, have been for many years. I made peace with the idea of never progressing further, as i started practicing magic far to late. Over the years traveling the land, it was to my great fortune that the great noble house York took interest in my abilities.

I was content to spend the rest of my life in service, attending to the lord when needed and such. But to my great shame, one of the major responsibilities of a mage. Protect their land from enemy mages, that attack with magics that mundane methods are simply incapable to stop.

A long standing rivalry between the York family and a coven of witches. They spread disease and famine. Weakening us to the point of needing the help of the empire, this help did not come freely. The lord does not blame me, but i feel it everytime he looks at me.

What truly pains me is that the disease spread to the jewel of the land. The Beautiful Karea York. I took care of her since she was just a toddler, it feels like a dagger is pushed into my heart everytime i see her weakened form. I am fully aware of my inability to help. Ever time i am told to look after sick form, i am only able to relieve her pain.

If this goes on she will not survive. We received help to wipe the damned coven out to last bastard. But they left as quickly as they arrived, uncaring of what is left. Our only hope in saving Miss Karea, the supervising mage to be able to cure her. The healers of this land are unable to cure her, just prolong her suffering.

I was informed that the mage is coming, waiting in the portal room. Me and the Lord were hopeful for a great mage that will uplift the land. But i was happy if the mage was only apply to heal the Miss. As the portal activates, a young child. Barely even reaching manhood. The lord was infuriate and i felt lost.

I assumed the worst, but before after insulting the young mage. He exuded an aura beyond anything i ever imagined. Before the lord could apologize. I begged the young mage for forgiveness in his stead.

I somehow managed to calm him and convince him to look at the condition of the you Miss. A stood above her with total apathy, Something to expect from a mage that came from a magic academy. They have a reputation to view everyone as their lessers. I felt nothing but boundless arrogance from him.

It is not like the arrogance is unfounded, even at such a young age. He is far beyond anything i could ever hope to accomplish. Such untamed power. How could such power not corrupt a young mind like his.

It is fortunate that from what could be seen, he has a calm temperament. After curing the Miss Karea, she made a miraculous recovery. Its like she never fell sick. She wanted to meet her savior, but i advised against it. He has locked himself away in the newly built mansion in the following few days.

They were rather uneventful. But the unrest was bubbling from day one. Many knights that fought in the attack against the coven were particularly upset. The reinforcing mages that came to kill the coven, were profoundly unpleasant. A group of the shortsighted knights decided to scare the mage into submission.

An incredibly idiotic idea, even if they succeeded. Then a true mage would arrive and provide real punishment. Many if not all of them would become fugitives. I came as fast as i can to advise them to change their plans. But unfortunately they were going to get them selves killed.

My jaw drops as the young mage dominates the whole group. Each of them quite powerful on their own. But as a group, can accomplish impossible deeds. To see the young mage with one wave of his hand crumble them. I knew from this point, that this child wasnt given his position from nepotism. But true strength.

He is truly able to wipe us out with no one able to stop him. Goddess help us.

29