Chapter 1 : The awakening
1.7k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, today is the day for sure. After 20 years of waiting, I'm finally going to be 20 in exactly 14 minutes and 28 sec, 27, 26,25…. Most people awaken in their late teens but for me, it seems it is determined to awaken me at the last possible moment. If there wasn't a guarantee from the admins that everybody will awaken before the age of 20 I would have thought i was doomed to never awaken but never mind that, only 8 minutes left. Only 3. 2? 1, come on awaken already, 30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds *FLASH* gasp… FINALLY.

^Congratulation Natasha Smith, you have awaken^

^Granting tutorial Bonus ….. Granted^

^Status screen^

Name: Natasha Smith
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Offensive job: None
Artisan job: None

Level: 1

HP: 150/150 +1 point per minute
MP: 150/150 +1 points per minute

Stats:
Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Endurance: 10
Vitality: 10
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 10

Attack power: 30
Magic attack power: 30
Speed: 30
Defense: 30

Skill list: (1)
Werewolf - UNIQUE

Proficiency list: (0)
^ ^

On the first hour of the year 2000, a gate with monsters appeared, but they were really weak and easily contained. Shortly after any immediate risk was dealt with, the Admins appeared, and they explained that they’ve come to this planet to start the 50 years tutorial. Simply put the planet will gradually become infested with monsters and they will help us in developing and trade with other planets while ensuring that we won't be wiped out. They made a portion of the population awaken and told us that the process of awakening will happen to everyone born after the 1 January 2000 before the age of twenty. I was born on April 30th 2028 and today is April 30th, 2048, so 2 years left of the tutorial. Apparently, after the tutorial people will awaken with stats between 5 and 10 but the tutorial bonus assures an overall 10. Also, everyone gets a skill when awakening. There are 6 ranks used by the system, common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, and unique. Unique doesn't mean powerful it means quite literally unique, well on the planet at least. Those are skills that only have one copy and can only be obtained as a starter skill.

̈I got a unique skill! It even sounds strong! What does it do?¨

^Skill^

Name: Werewolf

Rank: Unique

Effect: Permanently change the race of the user to werewolf

Usage left: 1

Condition of use: read the description
^ ^

¨Fuck! it's a race changing skill¨

^Skill werewolf has been activated^

¨What? fuck…. I feel…. sleepy.¨

*THUD*

37