Chapter 13
1.1k 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After waking up and saying goodbye to Claire and her family I drove back home. After a short rest, I resumed my hunting. It was the second day and I had come back after gaining a level, I was planning to relax for the rest of the evening and then go to sleep but for some reason, I am not tired at all. I was pretty tired when I came back and even contemplated going to bed directly but now no fatigue. It wasn't natural but I have no idea what caused it. After an hour of looking for things to watch on my phone, I decided to go train instead.

Once outside, I look up at the night sky and see the full moon

¨Uh, so today is the full moon. Now that I think of it, aren't werewolves supposed to be a wolf only during a full moon? Also, why can't I move?¨

After looking at it I tried to look down but realize I couldn't. I tried to move all my body but nothing worked. After a few seconds of struggling, I started feeling some tinglings all over my body and a warm sensation flowing through it. I could now move but my body was transforming, ripping my clothes apart. I grew 2 feet and my body now looked like a giant wolf with very few human features left. It was still a remarkably unique appearance that definitely can't be mistaken for a simple wolf. I was thinking to myself that was probably the reason I'm a werewolf when my vision started going red. I need to kill something, no, I will kill everything! And I started running into the forest in a mad frenzy.

I woke up in the middle of a clearing, with no clothes on and covered in blood. I opened my status and I was now level 23. I remember transforming and rushing in the forest but after that, it's all blurry. I only remember killing a lot of things and my level can testify to this, I think I even killed a fully grown mad coyote but that could have been something that looked similar. I wanted to check the time but my phone was in the pocket of the shorts I ripped so I looked at the sky and saw the sun rising. It seems that the transformation only lasts for the night, good to know. After making my way back home, picking up my phone, and putting on new clothes, I saw that it didn't last only the night but a whole day instead. Now gaining 7 levels make more sense.

I learned 2 things from that. One; the reason I'm a werewolf and not a wolfkin is because I have a berserk mode every full moon, and yeah let's call it going berserk, and Two; every month I will have one day where I lost control and kill everything I come across. I need to know if I really attack everything in berserk mode or if part of my tribe is exempt.

Also now that I think of it... Since I am now dating Claire would she not be a member of my tribe? can I see the members of my tribe? The pack leader skill says that it lets me form a system-assisted tribe but how do I form one? Vocal command?

¨Form tribe¨

^Activating skill: Pack leader^
^Creating tribe....^
^To create a tribe you need at least one other member^
^List of possible members:
-Claire Gray (X)
-Ren Phoenix
-Julia blade ^

Ok well simple enough, it seems like the list is only comprised of people I had sex with. I definitely don't want Ren and Julia, but why does Claire have an X after her name?

¨Claire Gray¨

^Only awakened or blood-related people can join the tribe^

Ah, that's why. The fact only awakened people can join doesn't surprise me but it seems that my children will be able to join at birth. But I really don't want to have Ren and Julia on the list, can I remove them?

¨Remove Ren Phoenix?¨

Do you want to remove Ren Phoenix from the list? (you can only have the name back by mating with that person another time)^

Well, I can, and it's not definitive either.

¨Yes¨

^Ren Phoenix has been removed^

After doing the same with Julia, I close the window. I got distracted from my berserk problem but I couldn't come up with a better solution to just warn people not to come to see me on a full moon night and the day after that. Also if I gain so much exp every time it may not be that bad, wait no, the only reason I got so much exp is that I hunted without reason and that means there is nothing stopping the berserk me to go and try a monster way stronger than me, so that's pretty bad. Also, I need to find the exact duration of the skill. When I woke up, it was like I woke up after a night of sleeping, not like I suddenly transformed back and gained back my consciousness. Mmmm, I got three theories, one: it goes on for 24h hours and I fall asleep waking up in the morning. Two: It goes on until I'm too exhausted, so the stronger I am the longer it gets, and finally three: It only ends when the bloodlust accompanying the transformation is satiated.

One is the more probable one and two is the worst case since that means that it could last for days if I'm strong enough. Anyways, I'm not tired so I decided that I'll just continue hunting. Since I got a huge boost in level I decided to go further than ever, with all these levels my hp surpassed a thousand so I could maybe kill a low-rank rare monster. After running until I arrived at an unexplored part ( I could tell with my sense of smell that I never come here) I slowed my pace and started looking for a stronger monster. I ignored the weak goblin and treant and occasionally hunted trolls if they saw me, but then I found something unexpected. I found a dungeon, It was the first dungeon I saw up close. It was an Oval mass of swirling white energy.

^Dungeon^

Name: Wodrack's sanctum
Rank: Common
Type: Sanctum
^ ^

Ok so not only it is a dungeon that slips the government grid (maybe they turn it off in the forest since it's mine now?) but it's even a sanctum-type dungeon. Sanctum dungeons are very few in number since each of them is linked to a deity, which is pretty much admin superior, and a deity can only have 1 dungeon per planet and a lot of them do not systemically put a dungeon on a new planet. I also never heard of Wodrack, not that I know a lot of deities since there are hundreds of them.

Also while all sanctum is commons rank that is because there is technically no danger. They work differently since the only danger possible is if you anger the deity or take a test it gave you, and some deities are easy to anger and others impossible so if I go inside I better be careful of what I do.

After careful consideration, I decided to go in. I never actually heard of someone dying inside one of them and it's not like I will be locked inside once I go in.

I placed myself before the portal and took a step forward. It only lasted an instant but as soon as I was in, I throw up. I heard that the teleportation effect of the dungeon can be quite nauseating but since it was my first time I had no resistance to it. I then got a notification

^You have entered Wodrack's sanctum^

Should I leave? I just threw up in a deity sanctum and it would for sure anger the easy to anger ones. But after waiting a few minutes beside the exit, nothing happened so it must be safe to proceed. The exit was placed in a mossy stone corridor, likely of some sort of ruins. There was no source of light except the one at the end so I started walking in that direction. In the end, the corridor opened into what would have been a garden of a castle except the castle was in ruin and a forest had grown between the debris. In truth, the way the sunshine and the colorful flower and vegetation gave the place a truly relaxing and divine feeling. That place would be perfect for a nap. In the middle of the garden was a pond with a tree in the middle that had a statue under its shade, there was a small wooden bridge leading to the small patch of land housing the tree. I approached and observed the statue. It depicted a woman that looked like an amazonian, or a tribe woman, the woman had no face but it was accompanied by two wolves, a white one and a black one, and like the woman, the black wolf had no face. Only the white wolf had a face and as soon as I walked onto the bridge, its eye started following me. If I had to guess, that wolf was Wodrack. When I was right in front of the statue, it started talking

¨Hello young one, I am Wodrack, companion deity of the goddess of the hunt. I am also the deity wolf of the day¨

¨Um... I pay my respect to Wodrack, my name is Natasha Smith, werewolf progenitor of my planet!¨

¨Ah ah ah ah, you don't have to be so formal, I'm only a companion deity and I'm not a big fan of formal titles, the only reason I tell them is that that is literally who I am. Also, we're technically both wolves so talk to me like you would family¨

¨Yes¨

¨So, anyway, did you come here with a goal in mind or did you just see that there was a sanctum here and decided to go check?¨

¨Well, originally it was only to check but now that I know you are a wolf deity I would like to ask something¨

¨Go ahead, ask away¨

¨So yesterday was my first full moon as a werewolf and I wanted to know If you could tell me how the berserk mode works¨

¨Oh well, that's simple, The transformation only lasts 24 hrs and you get around a 50% boost in all your attributes in exchange for your ability to think, It can only be activated with a full moon.¨

¨And does I attack anything and anyone?¨

¨Pretty much, the only one spared is people very close to you¨

¨I see, and as long as I don't look at the full moon, it won't activate¨

¨Yes, but you will get strong envy to look at it all through the night so you'll need a strong conviction to resist. Mmm... But if you worry about it, there is a way for you to control it¨

¨Really? how?¨

¨It's simple, pass my trial and take Artemis the goddess of the hunt as your deity.¨

¨And then I'll be able to control the berserk mode?¨

¨Not exactly, as you can see on the statue there are three of us, me, the deity wolf of the day, Yovack, the deity wolf of the night, and Artemis the goddess of the hunt. If you pass my trial, you'll obtain some of my power which includes control over your problem, also, the amount of power received is based on the completion rate of the trial. So to get nearly full control over it, you will need to find both Yovack and Artemis and pass their test too.¨

¨I see... Well two questions, one, if Artemis is real does that mean that the greek god is actually deities? and two, if I take Artemis as my goddess what will I have to do?¨

¨Well, for your first question, yes, the god the Greeks were venerating were deities like Artemis or Zeus. And the reason why the deities revealed themselves at such time was that they took a random non-awakened world to play the faith game, which is a game where you have to get the most possible faithful in whatever time limit was placed. And for the second question, All you'll have to do is give away a part of your hunting gain to the goddess, or me at first.¨

¨How big a part are we talking about?¨

¨Since it's just me for now, around 5%. once you find the other two it becomes around 20%¨

¨Well that's not bad. And what about the test, how long does it take?¨

¨It take around 48hrs to complete but before you take it I have two prerequisites, First, you need to be at least level 35, and second, you need to start your tribe¨

¨Ah. So I only need to start the tribe? It doesn't matter how many people are in it?¨

¨It doesn't¨

¨Very well. In that case, I think I'm done here, except if you have something more?¨

¨*chuckle* No, I do not.¨

¨Then I will take my leave, see you later¨

¨Yes, see you later¨

Well, that was instructive.

23