Chapter 2: Will I Die Right Now?!
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Music)

(Click the picture to enjoy music)

 

(Music)

Who's going to be stronger?

Who's going to be the winner?

The answer is right here, right there

Got the problem?

Come, come

To be the problem

Come, come...

Sophia's POV.

Bravo! Bravo!" the audience shouts, creating a big bang that spreads all over the arena.

The hot sunlight burns the sand under my feet, and the salty and spicy atmosphere touches my lips.

"Yahhhhh!!!!" a man growls after knocking out his opponent. The loser has an elephant body, while the winner is too small to be an ant. The small man doesn't wear a shirt to show off his solid muscles. Watching the battle from afar, I can't see clearly who he is until the girls around me start roaring in their insane emotions.

"WOW, I love you, John Gatlin. You're the best, my idol," they exclaim in joy.

"Aaaaaaa!!! He's looking at me." One of the girls standing near me is out of control.

"Julia, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Glancing at Julia, I smile.

She nods as we leave this annoying place step by step. Nevertheless, a man's voice on the microphone makes me stop.

"My dear princess, would you like to come to the stand?" John points his index finger at me and says.

"Come on, Princess Sophia! Please accept my challenge invitation." When I don't reply for a long time, he grows impatient.

What?! He wants to challenge me. But how?! How can I win this battle?

"Princess, please don't go." Julia touches my elbow sleeve.

"Well, our princess is too weak. She never dares come to the stand. Hahaha!!!" People say as loudly as possible, piercing my ears.

I say nothing while ignoring the suggestion from my friend or scoffing words from people. A snake curls up in my mind; I don't want to be a coward princess. I understand my responsibility for this kingdom more than anybody. I must protect my people when I become the successive Alpha. Alpha Alexander bears me, gives me a home, and gets me a royal position. I can't let myself down, but I can't disgrace him either.

"You will escape like a rat, right? My dear princess!" John arouses on the mic.

"Princess Sophia, there is a rumor that you don't deserve to run our pack. You can't fight as a warrior! How can we trust you to protect us?" The voice of the woman echoes throughout the air. After people clap their hands to approve of her words, she declares, "If you leave right now, we must disinherit you!"

Raising my eyes toward the throne, a woman looks at me with her close-set eyes. I recognize her when she speaks the first word on the mic. She is my foster mother, Luna Vanessa. She sits seriously on her seat in a vegas gold maxi. The blonde hair and fussy pattern on her dress make her stand out in the crowd.

My skin is toasty with the sun. I would rather be battered and bruised than become a craven princess.

"Princess...?" Julia frowns her eyebrows, showing her confusion.

"Don't say silly words, Julia. Let me go!" I untangle her hand from my sleeve.

I accelerate to the ring!

"Beta John is invincible!!! Beat her ass!!! GO, come on!" Most of the girls in this arena cheer for that pipsqueak.

"Well, well. I can't believe how brave you are." Laughing out loud, he approaches me in a flash.

As he squeezes my neck with his sharp claws, he has a slight smile while driving his left finger slash slowly on my cheek. Blood drips out on my face as I try to breathe. Unexpectedly, I spit on his right leg. I sneer as my saliva transforms into acid that seeps into his skin, causing festering and blistering. John squeals in pain while showing his wide-eyed surprise.

"You... You... How dare you do it, b*tch?"

(The day before Alpha Alexander leaves his pack)

The private room was quiet with a hint of peach flowers. "I'm worried about you, Sophia. I wonder how you will deal with people after I'm gone," Dad said, handing me some daisy tea.

"Why?! Don't forget I'm your daughter. I have you!" I took a cup of tea and said proudly.

Chuckling, he gently tapped my head while taking out a jar from his pocket. "Take it!" he said, throwing it over to me after he signed. "Until I die, I will always worry about you."

"What the heck is this?" I rolled my eyes, confused.

Pinching my cheek and frowning, he said seriously, "Who allowed you to use bad words?"

"How long do I have to wait to use bad words then?" I grinned and talked back.

"Hmm, until I die," he said, catching my silly eyes with his sharp ones. "Anyway, that is a kind of poison. You can use it, combined with some magic you learn in class, to defend yourself if anyone hurts you."

Looking at the violet liquor in the bottle, I fondled it while wondering. "That sounds great. But how does it work?"

"Drink it. Your saliva will transform into acid when it touches the skin," he said, leaning back on his chair and sipping his tea.

"Wow, how devilish of you," I said, tasting some of the violet liquid. "Can I test it on your skin, my lord?" I asked, kissing the back of his hand without waiting for his response. "Where does this magic come from?" I asked when I saw no reaction on his skin.

"The Alpha King Werebear gave it to me as a gift," he whispered, smoothing my violet hair.

(The present in the arena)

"How dare you be rude to me?" I glide towards him as fast as a bolt of lightning and kick his cuts. "Take it! You get what you deserve."

The audience is silent for a second before they start whistling and cheering my name. "Princess Sophia!!! Good! Very good! Do it! Shut his mouth!"

Glancing at my mom in the stands, she stands up and squeezes her fingers into the banister, looking at me as if she wants to crush me into pieces.

The wolf's roar fills my ears, swallowing up the noise that the people have created. A huge brown wolf attacks me hungrily. I want to run, but it's too fast for me. In the blink of an eye, he has me lying clearly in his claws. Growling with satisfaction, John enlarges his dagger teeth, intending to sink them into my neck. As my blood drips, I try to stop myself from screaming. Sweat pours down my face and my body trembles with pain.

"Shift! Do it!" John spits on my face after withdrawing his claws from my skin. "A weak b*tch who does nothing except use dirty tricks." He breaks my ribs and deals the killing blow while scolding and grinding his teeth.

Am I going to die right now?!

The howling comes from nowhere and digs into my ears while black dots flash, covering my eyes. The alien smell of my blood makes me sick. I shiver against the impersonal people until I gradually lose consciousness.

A little light flashes in the darkness, and Alpha Alexander blooms a smile that warms my heart. He has sexy brown-black hair and looks at me with his attractive green eyes.

"Enough!" a similar voice interrupts.

Who's this? Is it him? Is it my dad? Dad! Come and save me!

The screen before my vision becomes blurry, and that's it...

HIS GREEN EYES.

1