Chapter 6: It’s All My Fault
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sammy marks the office table and says, "Here! She is definitely here." As we explore every detail in the room like detectives, we see nothing except luxurious furniture.

"Where is she?" My wolf impatience grows. "Julia, where are you?" Sammy calls out loudly a dozen times, but still, nobody responds.

"Can I shift? I'll call her by my voice much better. You are probably a stranger to her right now," I suggest.

"Okay. Whatever."

As I try to shift, I feel like I'm a soul now, and I can't shift to human form. "How do I shift again, Sammy?" I ask, showing my puppy eyes.

"Do the same that you did before," Sammy replies, bending her eyes like two cots when leaning back on the office chair and putting her leg on the table.

After trying hard to feel and fight some yellow light in my mind, I sigh into the air with my impotence. "What are you doing?"

"Take a rest," she replies.

Accidentally, Sammy dashes her ankle against the mini wolf bronze statue, and a big noise moves the floor, revealing a secret door.

"What the...?" Both of us are shocked.

Based on my speculation, Vanessa hides something shady behind the door, and Julia is probably under the floor based on her scent, so I motivate my wolf to go in.

We find a staircase leading down when we move closer to the door. The darkness dominates the air in the basement, and the musty smell makes Sammy mumble nonstop. We move slowly, beware of any potential danger in the unnerving silence.

I hate this feeling!

I cross my arms on my chest as we walk on the dark path without end.

Finally, we arrive at a prison. The fire lights save me from the macabre. Sammy gazes into one of the cells and gasps.

"Julia?" Her eyes widen, and her brows shoot up, but she asks, "Julia, is that you?"

Julia, in her dirty black dress, yells in panic, "Aaa! Who are you? Stay away from me!"

"..."

Frozen for a while, Julia cheers, "Princess? You have a wolf already. You did it."

"You do have an acute sense of smell! By the way, Sophia is stuck inside me." Sammy chuckles.

"Shut up!" I titter.

Frozen for a while, Julia cheers, "Princess? You have a wolf already. You did it."

"You do have an acute sense of smell! By the way, Sophia is stuck inside me." Sammy chuckles.

"Shut up!" I titter.

"Are you alright? Luna Vanessa craves to kill you while getting me in this prison," Julia emphasizes, touching her index finger on her lower lip.

Before biting the iron bars, Sammy soothes, "Get out of here first."

Gathering all our strength to flex the column, though, it does not move even a little bit. Julia looks at us nervously while she can't help but stand by.

"Who are the defilers of my sleep?" A huge red wolf spits into the ground, revealing itself slowly from the dark. Its dark blue drooling smell exchanges to the acid every drip it hits the ground. Weight, it trails like a turtle attacking us.

Emergency, my wolf and I involve our whole heart, mind, soul, and vital force curving the bar. Snap! One of Sammy's fangs breaks, and the iron bar bending expands the exit for Julia. She scoots while the huge red wolf intends to wound Sammy with poison from its saliva spreading all over the basement.

"Move! Run!" My wolf bawls toward Julia.

Sweat covers her forehead, and Julia springs faster and faster through the darkness. Sammy shakes and bakes all of the lunges from the enemy. Witnessing the fight, I can't believe how my wolf bolt speeds, which is faster than this red wolf a dozen times. Although considering strength, the foe has a better.

This huge red wolf guards this place, although it does not refer to my friend, his act proves everything.

Catching some bugs in its strike, Sammy rushes and bites its shoulder in a rocket flash. In our wild moment, a clamor goes on leading my heart to drop. "Aaa!" The voice of a girl vibrates.

The small white light splits and moves through her body. I observe everything from afar, just seeing the shadow. I realize this voice. 

That's Julia.

Sammy bares her sharp teeth, reaching towards Julia, blood dripping onto the enemy's chest as he drops to his knees and moans on the ground. "Julia!!! What's going on? Are you okay?" I and my wolf cry out.

I don't know why Sammy can say exactly what I'm thinking, but it's not the time to dwell on it because Julia doesn't reply to any questions. She lies curled up on the dark blue poison ground, her brown hair cascading, and her face turning green.

"Sophia. I'm a happy girl because I have you as my friend." My best friend is barely breathing. "Good... bye... see... you..." Her hand drops and her eyes close tightly as her face turns left.

"Julia! Julia! Julia! Wake up! Come on! We just met for the first time. Though I don't know your relationship with Sophia, I like you as a friend." My wolf expresses her emotions.

And me, I keep quiet.

No. No. No. No. No.

She's not dead.

She's just unconscious.

Putting my hands on my head inside my wolf, tears pour from the corners of my eyes but I don't mind.

Something pierces Sammy's stomach like a bullet. My wolf growls in pain when blood from her belly spills out, smelling.

"What the hell is this shit?" Rolling my eyes, I say in abomination.

Catching up on its move, Sammy identifies, "It flies from underground."

"Yummy! Yummy! But this girl is much better." A small creature speaks up while chewing something in his mouth. "How rude to call me 'it', I'm Miflint who lives in Flint's stomach."

He has the head of a red wolf and the body of a skeleton.

"He can hear my voice!" I wonder in surprise, but Miflint sniggers and says, "Not only your voice, sweetheart."

"He read my mind, damn!" I realize.

"Yes, hun." He teases.

What the hell is he? So annoying!

"Unforgivable! Who allows you to harm my friend?" Sammy and I jab in unison.

Miflint flies into the air as fast as teleporting, and he corrects himself, "I killed her."

"Shut up!" Hissing, I cry out inside my wolf.

This tiny creature is faster than his host. He hops from one place to another that the normal never keep up with.

Specifically, he reads my mind and my wolf's thoughts, which means he knows every move we plan to strike. We don't have a choice, Sammy bounds following his steps, but does not land a blow even once.

"My dad left me because I couldn't protect him. Today, my friend breathed her last." I think to myself, feeling defeated.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault.

"No, Sophia. Don't let yourself down!" Scratching in the air, Sammy comforts me and turns her face to the tiny rival. "It's all your fault! Go to hell!" Springing a surprise attack, Sammy scolds.

The Moon Goddess helps her, and Sammy strikes that disgusting creature. Miflint flails in the air like jackals when Flint lunges at Sammy from behind after healing.

0