Holy Shit I’m A Gamer Now
1.1k 11 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Welcome to the prologue of The Dragon Gamer.

This story takes place in the DxD world and has elements of Korean Manhwa The Gamer. Hope you enjoy the story and share your feedback with me.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Prologue

Holy Shit I'm A Gamer Now

Darkness. That's what Aurva, a recently dead man saw. He died young with no regrets. He is the real example of Dying with no regrets. He accepted his every action, good or bad. Accepting death as a part of life and putting everything on the line for others.

He is looking around in confusion when a bright light blinded him. He closed his eyes to stop the burning sensation the light is creating. After feeling the sensation decrease, he slowly opened his eyes, peeking through the gaps of his fingers.

He saw a blue box in front of him with letters neatly floating in the air as if they were typed on them (at least he thought someone typed it). Then he heard a voice.

Congratulations, Aurva. You have been chosen to be this generation's Gamer. Do you wish to know anything about this or start immediately? A female voice asked him in a robotic voice.

'Weird. Why is the voice similar to google assistant/Alexa responding to something I asked when I was alive? Woah, I can still remember that?' He wondered to himself.

"Umm. Yes, tell me about this Gamer thing. I want to know more." He tentatively spoke, half expecting to hear nothing.

Request acknowledged. Loading data. The same female voice replied.

The Gamer is an ability given to someone who has committed some noble act or was pure-hearted, making them a Natural Ability User. It also assists them in the usage of their ability, creating a system to monitor their daily life, giving them the ability to learn and create skills. Most of the active skills are activated by speaking out or by a mental command. Making their life as a game.

Usage Certain actions in the Gamer's daily life get turned into skills.

Objects turn into items.

Their body works like that of a game character.

After sleeping in a bed, they restore HP, MP and all status effects.

Certain technique books are treated as skill books.

It also can generate certain items(loot) from monsters even if the monsters don't have physical bodies.

These items include crafting and healing items and many more. It also has the effect of making training areas into full battle areas, as well as making a boss mob appear in all instant dungeons after reaching the requirement.

Using Observe, a skill, the Gamer can quantify attributes accurately and without bias.

EXP points can be gained by defeating enemies (monsters, ability users, etc.) to complete tasks/Quests. Some skills and techniques can't be gained until reaching certain levels.

Some weapons without reaching certain limits in stats.

Windows control

Status

Status Window is a voice command/thought activated one, that brings up a window that shows the Gamer's status (Name, Class, Health Points (HP), Mana/Magic Points (MP), Level, Attributes, Title(if any), Money and Attribute Points).

Attributes that can be increased via points gained from levelling.

Strength (STR)

Vitality (VIT)

Dexterity (DEX)

Intelligence (INT)

Wisdom (WIS)

Magic Resistance increases by 1% every 10 WIS points.

Mana/Magic Regeneration increases by 1% every 10 WIS points.

Attributes that can not be directly increased via points gained from levelling.

Physical resistance

Mana/ Magic Points (MP)

Mana/Magic Regeneration (MR)

Magic Resistance

Health Points(HP)

LUCK (LUK)

Inventory

Inventory Window is a voice/mental command that brings up a window that shows all the items you have obtained and stored including clothes you wear and weapons you obtained or equipped. This is a dimensional magic ability so no physical space will be occupied.

Skills

Skill List Window is a voice/mental command that brings up a window that shows a list of all the skills The Gamer has learned. When the skill icon is selected, it shows all the current information about that skill.

This is the gist of 'The Gamer' ability. Rest will be found by you when you are sent to the world you choose. Said the thing whatever it is (most probably the system it was explaining about) in the same robotic voice.

So he can have this broken ability for himself in his new life? 'That sounds amazing.' Aurva thought in joy. From the description given, his mind started to piece things together.

"So what are my options to be reincarnated?" He asked curiously.

Searching through possible available universes.

Search complete.

Available Universes:

Harry Potter.

Naruto.

One Piece.

Bleach.

Dragon Ball.

Black Clover.

Seven Deadly Sins.

Fairy Tail.

High School DxD.

'Hmmm, interesting. There are some interesting choices available to me. I can go to Naruto verse, but there is that whole Juubi thing that Madara pulled out of his ass and if I go there, who knows what changes occur because of me and the universe might become a big cluster fuck. So it is not a choice, not at least this time.

One Piece, huh. Though it is an interesting world with Devil Fruits, Haki and pirates, I think I can't stay on a trip to find a treasure for long. So it is not an option and I didn't even finish reading manga or watching the series in anime anyway. Damn, it's still going on after 20 years.

Bleach is a good option. Zanpakuto, Shinigami, Hollow. It will definitely be thrilling to choose that option as well. But I think I won't like to play by the rules of Central 46 and there is the matter of Aizen and Yhwack. I think I can't live there for more than a minute if one of them got interested in me. So it is not an option as well.

Dragon Ball is a nice option as I can choose any character to be reincarnated into, but it is not an option for now. I want to experience how it feels to be reincarnated in another world first and Dragon Ball is not a safe option for first-timers like me, so maybe after some tries.

Black Clover is not complete yet. So I don't want to try what I don't know.

Seven Deadly Sins is a good option, but it also had so many unknown variables. So I'll stay off it for now. Fairy Tail is a good option, but I want to do this as an experiment. So I'll choose it some other time.

And lastly, High School DxD. It's a good option and the characters get powerful so fast, it's mind-blowing. Though I didn't read the manga, I saw the anime. From what I saw, it is bountiful and has some good eye candy and the storyline is good, if not for that good for nothing-. Ok, cool down, Aurva. I'll try it as my first option. As an experiment. It's bound to be otherworldly for sure.' After thinking all this with no small amounts of nosebleeds, I made my decision and replied.

"Ummm... I want to get reincarnated into the High School DxD world. Can you please tell me your name or how what I should call you?"

Choice Acknowledged.

You can call me The System for now. Do you want to choose your abilities for this choice? responded the same robotic voice.

"Yes. Can you please explain what are my choices?" Aurva asked.

You can choose any ability you want. 'The Gamer' ability is fixed and any 3 other choices are available for you to choose or you can just take them at random. If you choose any particular ability, it will be available to you at Lvl 1, but if you choose the ability at random, the ability you get will be available at Max level but you need to practice with that ability to be proficient in its use. The System explained.

'Hmmm. Let's see. I have 3 choices to choose any ability from wherever I want but I should work hard for them to max it and if the circumstances didn't favour me, I will be in some deepshit. So choosing at random is going to be my best bet. Man, it's like I'm a big gambler in my last life. But I'll have 1 choice as a spare just in case if need be it will be foolproof this way.' Making his mind up, Aurva replied with confidence.

"I will choose these abilities at random," said Aurva to the system.

Choice acknowledged. Preparing a spin wheel. The system said.

A blank spin wheel appeared in front of him with question marks and no chance of finding what they hid. Praying to get the best ability, he spun the wheel. It spun with blank tails for a minute like it is trying to prolong the process just to mess with him and finally, it stopped on something.

Congratulations. You have received the ability to Shapeshift. Said the system.

Shapeshifting (Active) Lvl Max- Exp- 0.0%

The ability to change forms is an ancient technique used by wizards of those periods to impersonate someone. It is an effective method and worked well. The user can shapeshift their form, transforming and reshaping himself potentially down to any creature's genetic and cellular structure.

They can impersonate others or enhance their own body for combat, either by turning into animals, humanoids, monsters, etc. or by making their body stronger. Shapeshifting is a rare ability and you have gained it.

Congratulations. The system greeted and Aurva was jumping with joy. Yes, he got an amazing ability. Now for the other. Counting on the same deities to make it work this time, he spun the wheel again and like before it took a minute and landed on a tail.

Congratulations. You got the ability to use Wood Style(Mokuton) from Naruto verse.

Wood Style(Active) Lvl Max- Exp- 0.0%

Wood style is a nature transformation or Kekkei Genkai of Hashirama Senju, Shodai Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato. Hashirama is famous for his Wood Style which allowed him to create Wood by changing his chakra to Wood. It is a combination of both Earth and Water styles. So as complementary to Wood-style both Water and Earth-style chakra natures are unlocked.

The ability to use chakra and a high Chunin level of chakra reserves were granted as Wood-style uses chakra. Congratulations, Gamer. Said the System. Aurva couldn't believe it.

'Ok, that was really unexpected. To use freaking Wood-style like Hashirama is something I didn't think about. Just the mere thought fills my body with excitement. Maybe I can't use it on his level, but I'm going to master it for sure. Now to tell my decision about my 3rd ability.' He thought and asked.

"I'll keep my 3rd ability for now. Is it possible to use it at the time of need? If possible, I would like to use it in the future." Aurva asked doubtfully.

Request acknowledged and accepted.

Your 3rd ability will be stored for further use in the future. Congratulations. Because of selecting to choose your choices at random and thinking like The Gamer without being granted using that ability, you have given a bonus reward. It will be in your inventory when you are sent to your body. Use it well Gamer. There won't be any side effects of using it whatsoever. The System explained cryptically.

For making a wise decision, the skill ID-Create and Escape are created and added to your skill list. It further added.

'Well, that was new. I didn't expect to be rewarded for my choices. Well, it's not bad really.' Aurva thought in glee and continued his reincarnation process with the system.

Will you proceed to opt for your appearance and country then? Asked the system and Aurva nodded.

Do you wish to choose your appearance or choose it randomly along with your character in the DxD world? The System asked.

"I would like to make it random," Aurva said firmly. His random choices did gift him a bonus and excellent abilities with max lvl. Whatever it may be it is a bonus. He is confident that this decision will also help him get a decent character who is someone useful in the series.

Choice acknowledged.

Will you choose any perks or flaws at random? The System asked. He thought about it. To get a head start with his perks, he is going to choose and deciding to go with the flow, he nodded to choose at random. He accepted and a big disk came in front of him with all grey tiles and he spun it.

"Perk received. Lover of Luck."

Lover of Luck

The person with this perk will have a higher chance of winning anything that is a gamble or anything related to luck by 50%.

He spun again.

"Flaw- Super Pervert contracted."

Super Pervert

It is a title or name given to people who are obsessed with the female body and does perverted things in public without a care in the world. It can be removed if you reach level 25 or by committing an act which is considered non-perverted for a month. Or it will be changed after you achieve ? Said the system.

But it didn't explain how to change it or what is to be achieved either or it will be changed into what? He sighed at the system. It seems this thing has started playing with him already. With a frown on his face, he spun it again.

"Perk Intelligent is received."

Intelligent

The person who gains this perk will get a 25% increase in all the activities done relating to intelligence and thinking in general. This will also double the EXP gained in those activities. Explained the system.

'Well, that was a useful one. Let's stop here. I'm ahead. I'm not risking any further, getting flaws is not a thing I enjoy.' Aurva thought and stopped.

"I guess those are enough for now. I'm ready to begin the game." He said in excitement.

Request acknowledged. You will be transported to a random character. There will be no guarantee in who's body you will be sent to. So whichever body you get, will be final and no changing later. You will be sent a timeline a few months before the start of 2nd year of High School in the DxD series. Do you agree with this? asked the same robotic voice. Aurva nervously gulped.

"I agree."

Character Randomising.

Randomising complete.

Character chosen.

Initiating transfer. All the best Gamer. said the system and in another flash of light, he was gone.

Scene Break

He groaned from the pain the process put him through. Slowly and groggily he opened his eyes, staring at the orange sky and concluded it was some time in the evening. He heard a growling sound near him and turned to see what it was.

He froze at what he saw. There in front of him stood what he could call an abomination. It was a disgusting creature with its top half looking like a man with burn marks and some scratches here and there and the lower half looking like some kind of lizard. It was standing on 2 legs with a long tail and small scales on it. It was like an abomination that came out of horror movies and his worst nightmares combined together as every part of it has some weird looking things he can't understand.

"Disgusting." Spat 'the Gamer'. He looked at the creature for something to happen.

Ping

He heard a ping sound from somewhere and looked around to see where the sound was coming from.

A blue window, similar to the one he saw after the flash popped up in front of his eyes.

Because of you being an innate/natural gamer, and through continuous observation the skill 'Observe' is created. the same robotic voice he heard from the system spoke.

Observe(Active) Lvl 1 (0.0%)

Allows the user to see information about anything they see or want to know about. This can be activated orally or by a mental command. By gaining experience with this skill, more information can be seen.

He turned to the creature and used his new skill.

'Observe.' He thought mentally.

Name- Slicer

Race- Stray Devil

Level- 5

HP- 500/500

MP- 100/100

"Only HP and MP, huh. I thought it would show something more. I should use it more often I guess." 'The gamer' said to himself.

Deciding to take care of the abomination in front of him, he used shapeshifting and tried to change his hands into swords. Tried. But unfortunately for him, due to being a novice and not having any practice, his hands changes into an iron rod but he didn't saw it as the excitement of fighting a real opponent got to him and not knowing what he made was not what he intended to, he charged.

The stray seeing its target charging towards it prepared itself. Its tail lashed towards him and he narrowly dodged and launched towards the stray like a bullet and pulled back his (sword) hand to hit the creature on its head as hard as he could.

The impact made a pretty gruesome scene to watch, all the matter in the strays head scattered outwards and spread across the ground surrounding him. He was confused.

'Why did it splatter instead of slicing through it? What happened to my sword?' he thought dumbfounded and turned to see his hands which instead of turning into swords, turned into iron rods.

'Ugh, I should definitely practise with these things.' thought 'the Gamer', kicking himself for not calculating this. Suddenly, a weird sensation to puke hit him, wanted to puke, but something stopped it. And it all vanished in black mist.

Gamer's body is active. Vomiting sensation is negated. Said the robotic voice and the vomiting sensation he got subsided.

'So the Gamer's mind prevented me from feeling fear of the creature and stopped me from puking because of the horrific scene. It allows me to think logically and rationally at all times and prevents all the mental abnormalities/disorders.' he recited from what the system explained about the Gamer's Body.

He sighed in relief and was about to leave when he heard another growl and looked around to see another abomination just like the one he killed. It is different from the one before. It is like a bull with horns and a bushy tail.

"Man, now I should fight this one as well." he sighed and prepared himself.

'Ok now let's try the bonus thing the system gave me. He opened his inventory and tapped a neatly wrapped box with a heading of 'bonus' on it. And pulled out a Red sword and launched it towards the new stray and with one slice, the weird sword cut the stray into pieces and like before this one also disintegrated into black mist.

'I thought they won't be as gruesome to see when I saw them in the anime. But after witnessing them on the first hand I guess they are not exaggerating in the anime.'

'Well let's try what options are available.' But before he could do anything so many windows popped in front of his face, blinding him by their numbers.

Congratulations. You have successfully Slain two stray devils.

Quest Complete!

Quest - Kill the two stray devils Slicer and Dicer before they kill you.

Bonus Quest- Kill them before you could find out about yourself.

Quest Reward- 750 Exp, ¥2000 and a new skill 'Telekinesis'.

Bonus Reward- 1000 Exp and a skill book about Basic blunt weapon mastery.

You have levelled up x 2.

You have gained a skill book upon reaching level 5. Skill book added to inventory.

You have unlocked your magic upon reaching lvl 5.

Basic Blunt Weapon Mastery Lvl 1 (Passive).

-Allows the user to use the basic blunt weapons without any previous training.

-Increased the amount of damage done by 1% without any use of magic.

-If magically enhanced doubles the damage dealt.

Telekinesis Lvl 1 (Active)

The ability to move, manipulate and interact with one's mind.

Current liftable weight- 10 Pounds.

Cost per use: 10 MP per minute.

Detecting Killing intent/bloodlust is created and levelled up. Lvl 1-2.

Detection of Bloodlust/KI Lvl 2 (Passive)

-Detection of bloodlust allows the user to the user to detect any bloodlust or killing from the enemies before their arrival.

-Allows the user to pinpoint any enemy's location within the range of 5 feet.

You have gained Gram. The strongest demonic sword in existence.

Gram

Gram is a large double-edged sword that has vibrant colours despite being a Demon Sword. The pommel is a gold cone-like shape with the addition of a triangle attached to the pommel. The blade itself is fairly long and near the tip, it curves upwards, then curves back in. Gram is also called Demon Emporer Sword.

Abilities

Similar to Caliburn, Gram is the most powerful demonic sword in existence enough to be known as the Demonic Emperor Sword, considered the combination of Durandal and Ascalon; as such, it can release destructive power, but it doesn't require the same charging time as Durandal, making it more lethal; and have been imbued with the same dragon-slaying power as Ascalon. Because of you, The Gamer being the wielder of Gram you gain resistance to dragon-slaying swords when you Master Gram. Till then, the defect exists.

Weakness

Gram has a weakness. But it was? and was?

"Woah. That's a powerful sword and it's stated that it is the strongest demonic sword ever created and called the Demonic Emporer sword. Why in the world is this thing not showing weaknesses and instead showing question marks? Maybe though this is available for me to use there are some limitations set to not make it easy for me." He thought aloud.

Your INT and WIS went up by one. said the system.

"Well, I think I'm right on that then. Now for my stats."

'Only one way to find out.'

"Status," said 'The Gamer'.

A window popped up in front of him showing details.

Status Window

Name: Issei Hyoudou

Age: 17

Title: Super Pervert

Race: Human

Job: The Gamer.

Level: Lvl 6 Next Level: 22.0%

HP: 1050/1050 Regen: 6% pm.

MP: 100/100 Regen: 6% pm.

CP: 500/500 Regen: 6% pm.

STR: 10

VIT: 9

DEX: 6

INT: 8

WIS: 9

CHA: 0

LUCK: 10

Stat Points: 15

Money: ¥5000

Skill Window

Gamer's Mind (Passive) Lvl Max.

Allows the user to calmly and logically think things through. Allows a peaceful state of mind. Grants immunity to a psychological status effect.

Gamer's Body (Passive) Lvl Max.

Grants a body that allows the user to live the real world like a game. After sleeping in a bed he restores HP, MP and all status effects.

Observe. Active. Lvl 1 (0.0%)

Through continuous observation, a skill to observe objects, situations, and persons were generated allowing the user to quickly gather information. The higher the skill, the greater the data obtained. Will show information about anything with a mental command of 'Observe'.

ID: Create. Active. Lvl 1(0.0%)

Used to create instant dungeons. Stronger instant dungeons. Was attained by random by the 'The Gamer'. Available Instant Dungeons:

- Stray City.

-Special ID named Purgatory is available.

ID: Escape (Active) Lvl 1(0.0%)

Used to escape instant dungeons.

Wood Style (Mokuton) Lvl Max.

The ability to use wood as an element. Wood style is a nature transformation or Kekkei Genkai of Hashirama Senju, Shodai Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato. Hashirama is famous for his wood style which allowed him to create wood by changing his chakra to wood. It is a combination of both Earth and Water styles.

Earth Style (Doton) Lvl 1 (0.0%)

It allows the users to use earth as an element. Allows earth to bend to the user's will. Practising more will increase your experience with this element.

Water Style (Suiton) Lvl (0.0%)

This allows the user to use water as an element and bend water to the user's will. Practice is required to improve skills with this element.

Shapeshifting(Active) Lvl Max

The ability to change forms is an ancient technique used by wizards of those periods to impersonate someone.

It is an effective method and worked well for users can shapeshift their form, transforming and reshaping themselves potentially down to their genetic and cellular structure. They can impersonate others or enhance their own body for combat, either by turning into animals, humanoids, monsters, etc. or by making the body stronger.

Basic Blunt Weapon Mastery Lvl 1 (Passive)

-Allows the user to use the basic blunt weapons without any previous training.

-Increased the amount of damage done by 1% without any use of magic.

-If magically enhanced doubles the damage dealt.

Telekinesis Lvl 1 (Active)

The ability to move, manipulate and interact with one's mind.

Current liftable weight- 10 Pounds.

Cost per use: 10 MP per minute.

Detecting Killing intent/bloodlust is created and levelled up. Lvl 1-2.

Detection of Bloodlust/KI Lvl 2 (Passive)

-Detection of bloodlust allows the user to the user to detect any bloodlust or killing from the enemies before their arrival.

-Allows the user to pinpoint any enemy's location within the range of 5 meters.

Perks

Perk: Lover of Luck

Lover of Luck

The person with this perk will have a higher chance of winning anything that is a gamble or anything related to luck by 50%.

Perk: Intelligent.

Intelligent

The person who gains this perk will get a 25% increase in all the activities done relating to intelligence and thinking in general. This will also double the EXP gained in those activities.

Flaws

Flaw: Super pervert

Super Pervert

It is a title or name given to people who are obsessed with the female body and does perverted things in public without a care in the world. It can be removed if you reach level 25 or by committing an act which is considered not perverted to all for a month. Or it will be changed after you achieve something.

Inventory

A skill book containing basic blunt weapon mastery.

A skill containing Gram and its attack style.

Kuoh High School Boy's uniform. 1 Pair.

¥8000.

"So I was reincarnated into the DxD world as Issei Hyoudou, the main protagonist of the series? Man, it is awesome. That means I have Ddraig in me. I will contact him soon. Now what to do with Gram? I guess I should learn swordsmanship skills. I guess. First, I should go home." said Issei.

Then with a ping, a map came in front of him which has a route to his 'home' on it. He followed the path and followed it to 'his' house.

Scene break

Hyoudou Residence

I reached the door and opened it and said 'I'm home'.

"Oh, Issei you are back. Just in time. Dinner is ready. Go bath and we will have dinner together." Miki Hyoudou 'my' mother said affectionately. I said 'Hai' and left to my room to clean myself.

When I opened my room door, I flew out with a nosebleed.

-10HP

'Shit. I didn't remember 'Issei' is a super pervert and what's with the damage? I didn't expect it to be that strong!' I yelled in my mind. Rubbing the back of my head, I moved in controlling my nosebleed as long as I could. I bathed and came out to see a porn shop still dancing in its naked glory in my room.

'What's with all this shit? I can't remove it immediately, but maybe in time, I might be able to remove it or may get accustomed to it. It's not a big deal in this world after all. All are perverts.' With those comforting thoughts, I went to eat dinner and after eating, I came back to my room to sleep as it is night.

'Well, that went well. I acted as normal and they didn't find any change in me. It's time to get myself accustomed to my abilities and meet Ddraig I guess.' Issei thought and prepared himself for the upcoming meeting.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks. Hope you all enjoyed it. Share your feedback with me.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you for reading.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

29