Unexpected Changes
378 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here Changes in next chapter of The Dragon Gamer. Once again, thanks for your love and support.

If you want to support me, you can tip me on my Ko-fi page and get access to a Private Discord server where I'm active if you want to talk.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig/ Other Dragon thought' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Chapter 3

Unexpected Changes

Looking at his stats, Issei is sure that he is prepared to go out to achieve his goal of being the strongest.

He is Lvl 20 now, though it might not be much when compared to the monsters around him, he knew his level is not the correct parameter for him as his skills are far from what a Lvl 20 will have. 

It's a matter of gaining Exp to reach higher levels and Issei is sure that the 6 weeks in the outside world would give him the required experience to reach his aim for Canon.

"Short term Goals," said Issei and a screen popped up in front of him. It has the title Short Term Goals and it read.

Train and reach at least Lvl 30 by the end of Summer.

Take the Dividing Jewel from Vali without raising suspicion.

Don't interfere in the Devil's business and accept any of their proposals to reincarnate.

Achieve Balance Breaker and train using Vali's Divine Dividing after getting it.

Find a way to bypass Juggernaut Drive's insane and life draining tendency.

'The last point is moot as I have Life Drain now and it gives me enough life energy to use Juggernaut Drive without losing life energy in return,' thought Issei.

"Yes. Now we are ready for Albion," said a proud Ddraig.

"Oh, oh. Don't we need to get Boosted Gear to Lvl 100 to get Juggernaut Drive?"

"Yes. As you plan on your expedition, I think we can do that or something might push you to unlock that," Ddraig said with a smirk.

"I don't want to replicate another 'Asia, No' scene here, Ddraig," Issei smirked at that.

"Hmm, well, then let's start our journey. I can't wait to rub the victory and your theft on Albion's face," Ddraig said eagerly.

"Shouldn't we plan on how to deal with this?"

"I know you have a plan, Partner," said Ddraig in confidence.

"Uh, I don't know what struck you in me that said I'm intelligent, but I do have a plan. We are going to go out as Aurva and use our Sword Skills. 

If Vali is not there, we will use Boosted Gear. If Vali is there, we will continue with Arondight and get our XP with it up. If we find him, we'll lure him into a match and should somehow push him into using his Balance Breaker. After that, I'm gonna chip a part of the Scale Mail and get the jewel, success," explained a now changed Aurva as Ddraig heard intently.

"Excellent, partner. Yes, this is a good plan. We can do it!" Ddraig exclaimed and they started talking about possible places where Vali can be.

After Some Time 

After a long discussion, they mapped a few potential places where the Hakaryoukou could be and Vegas ended up being their first destination.

As it is not only famous for Human gambling but also for Supernatural as well. The city has some places where lots of street fights and ilk take place, the supernatural type as well and they decided to go there first.

Issei didn't tell his parents anything as he left a Wood clone to act like him without raising any suspicions. His parents gave him his monthly pocket money of ¥35,000. He took it though he doesn't need money as he can grind or hunt in a dungeon for it.

He packed everything including his clothes, with some extra pairs, though he can always buy more and put them in his inventory just to get the feeling of going out.

Issei prepared to teleport as he was back in his Paradise. He imagined himself being transported into Las Vegas. When the system's robotic started speaking.

The Gamer's attempt to use Teleportation needs confirmation. Said the system.

Aurva was confused by this. 'Confirmation of what?' He thought and asked the same.

The Gamer needs to create his Sigil to use magic and Teleportation. A Sigil is a symbol that represents the user and is used when their magic is used and anything concerned with the user's magic can be related to their Sigil.

Sigil also increases the control over magic as it stabilises the flow and makes it more fluid. Increase in stability and fluidity rises to 50% if a Sigil is created by The Gamer. Responded the System, presenting Aurva with a blank screen.

User in this case can also use The Red Dragon Emperor's, Ddraig Y Goch's Sigil which permanently doubles the user's magic attacks when used. It further added.

Aurva's and Ddraig's eyes widened at that.

"What the fuck. We are using our magic at 50% till now?" Came the outburst from Aurva as he can't stop it.

"I know my Sigil is used when my Partners go into Balance Breaker and Juggernaut Drive, but I didn't think it would be this important, partner," said Ddraig in a surprised tone.

"I know, right. If you knew it, you would have told the pervert about it, Ddraig. I didn't remember anyone mentioning the importance of the Sigil. Maybe that's why Devils give that much importance to their House Crests," theorised Aurva.

"Whatever it may be, partner. You should create your Sigil now."

"Yes, Ddraig. If only I had known it when I came here," sighed Aurva and started creating his Sigil.

"Boosted Gear," called Aurva.

Boost. Came the voice of Ddraig.

He noticed how a green symbol formed on his left arm before the Boosted Gear formed. It was made of so many green lines in a design pattern and assumed it to be Ddraig's symbol.

The Gamer has mistaken in his assumption. The Design on the Boosted Gear is not The Red Dragon Emperor's Sigil. This is. Said the system and projected a Red Dragon Head, similar to Ddraig in front of him. It also had two claws under each side making an X sign, as if two say multiplication.

"Wow, Ddraig, your crest is awesome," complemented Aurva and Ddraig took it proudly.

"So now to the matter at hand, what should I create my Sigil as? I know Devil's ones will be something in the House colour with colour from what I can remember. Hmm, what to create?"

"Maybe something with G as it also represents your Gamer ability?" Suggested Ddraig.

"That's right. Hey, doesn't the Gamer System have an emblem?" 

"Let's see, The Gamer is originally a Korean Manhwa, so I'll take that 'Gamer' name in Korean and mix it with my A, the first letter of my real name inside.

Making it somewhat like a mixture of languages and difficult to find. As for colour, yours is red and green. I will take Black. I didn't see that colour much in the manga," said Aurva, slowly a symbol with his specification formed in front of the screen.

It was black with the Korean word Gamer in the middle with a stylish A dominating it in the background with other dots and triangles that are usually present in a Sigil.

To add some flavour, Aurva added white mist in the middle of the circle, making it spark when light is shown on it.

"Yup. That's good. Now let's move to Vegas," said Aurva in a satisfied tone.

Sigil Acknowledged. The system said, making it Aurva's official sigil.

"Teleportation," he called and his Sigil formed on the ground and started to move up, vanishing the lower part of his body.

"It feels good teleporting. Vegas, I'm coming." Said Aurva and vanished from his Paradise.

Quest Alert!

Quest- Surpassing your Nemesis.

The Vanishing Dragon is equal to the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig because of his Dividing power, which is opposite to Ddraig's Boosting. Gain his Gem and surpass your nemesis, Vali, while he isn't aware of it.

Bonus Quest- Unlock the Balance Breaker of Boosted Gear.

Quest Reward- 20,000 Exp ¥1Million.

Bonus Reward- 50,000 Exp and Permanent Boost to all stats as per (?).

(?)

Extra Reward- Removal of flaw 'Super Pervert' if (?) Is achieved.

"Looks like we got an interesting time ahead of us, Ddraig," as he saw the quest and all the rewards it is going to give him. The Red Dragon Emperor had to agree.

Las Vegas

As it was morning in Japan when he started, Aurva arrived in the city full of lights and advertisements and everything you can expect from a gambling capital.

There are so many casinos, clubs, pubs and some underground stadiums for street fights. It's just as he imagined the gambling capital to be.

Aurva walked through the rush streets in search of the silver-haired half devil. The signboards and colours are so enticing, if not for his Gamer's mind, Aurva does not doubt that he would be gambling in one of the numerous Casinos he came across.

Gamer's Mind suppressed the urge to Gamble. Said the system, as if to prove him correct. 

"What are you searching for, partner. I can't sense Albion here," said Ddraig as he didn't understand what was going on in Aurva's head.

"I know, I'm searching for a place where we can bet and win money. Even though I came here for Vali, if he is not here, then I can happily enjoy this one night, right?" He asked and Ddraig didn't comment.

Aurva found a casino that was giving the best returns in card games and Aurva chose them to be his first victim after a few minutes of observation.

Observe Leveled up x2.

Observe reached Lvl 12.

'Ah, progress. Good, we can make something from this detour,' thought Aurva as he walked into the Casino. There are many games, but only 2 interested him. Roulette and Black or Red. As he knew his perks are going to make him rich here.

"Excuse me, what is the starting price of this table?" He asked a dealer. The dealer is a gruff looking man smoking a cigar with grey eyes.

He looked up to see a blonde guy with red eyes asking the starting rate of his table and understood him to be new. He laughed wickedly in his mind and showed him a table where the starting bets are from $100.

"There. That one has a starting amount of $100. You can play this, with a minimum of $500,000." He said with a mocking smile and saw Aurva nod.

"Thank you. I will be here soon, then." Aurva said and walked towards the table the dealer showed with a smirk. They fell for his plan.

Another Aurva

Another man entered another Casino, this time in the form of a European. Aurva planned on making the most of his opportunity and made an enhanced Wood Clone pose as another person.

He copied a man he saw lose the most as he was walking drunk on the streets and entered the casino without much trouble and knew the news of the man's losing streak would have reached the Casino by now.

"Welcome, sir. Which game do you want to play?" Asked the assistant with a greedy look.

"Err, Rou-roulette," he said with a drawl. 

"Roulette, sir," asked the assistant and he nodded slowly.

"Please follow me," he said and the man followed him.

With Aurva

As Aurva reached the table, he exchanged the money he had with the chips and started with a $100 minimum. He won the beginning 5 games, winning him $500 in total.

"You are the luckiest, man," said the dealer, praising him.

"Really? What do you think if I put it all on red then?" Asked Aurva in a confident tone.

"Red, eh. Then I'll choose black. Let's see," said another person, who is playing at the same table.

"Red," said the dealer, making Aurva the winner. He won $500 and continued like that.

"Red,"

"Black,"

"Red,"

"Red,"

"Red,"

"Black,"

"Black,"

"Red,"

"Red," it continued, soon after Aurva reached $5,000 in winnings, the dealer and other players started checking for any foul play.

"Everything seems alright," said the dealer with a reluctant sigh. Others lowered their heads as their pockets were emptied by Aurva, a novice.

"Shall we play another game?" He asked with a smile.

"Sorry, sir. You have reached this table's limit. You need to go to that one to continue." Pointed the dealer to the table to the far right.

"Ok. Thanks," Aurva said and made his way towards the table the dealer pointed. Aurva saw this dealer make a cutting gesture to the dealer of the table he was going to and saw that dealer nodded.

His fun continued as he slowly rose the numbers he won at each table and reached the 500 grand table he first came to and the dealer had a murderous look in his eyes.

"What's the cap of this table?" Asked Aurva, in the same mocking tone with a smile.

"If I even find a hint of your cheating here, I swear, you will be found in pieces," said the dealer with a murderous smile.

"We'll see. What's the cap here?" Aurva asked again, not intimidated a bit by the dealer's threat.

"The cap to this table is 50 Million," he spat and started the game.

Scene Break

A Few Hours Later

"How does that feel?" Aurva asked the casino owner as the man had just gone bankrupt to pay Aurva as he won everything they played and he bought the place and spent some for its modification to his taste and took the rest.

Even though he took much less compared to what he won, he had 100 mils in hand as the casino owner didn't relent and continued to play.

His other self also won millions, but not to this extent and that Casino booted him as soon as he touched 10 Million and banned him from entering there again.

Aurva gave the drunk looser a million and used that money in his game here and continued his winning streak.

At last, the owner had to put the very same casino they were playing as a bargaining chip as he ran out of cash. Aurva indulged him and won it as well.

As he was walking through the streets of Vegas with a proud smile for his victory, Ddraig asked what was on his mind.

"Why did you do that? You can always earn from Dungeons," 

"Yes. But having an asset like a casino in Vegas brings me enough easy money to spend. Maybe I should go to any other one and win it," he thought in greed.

"Partner, you are deviating from the goal we came here for. Let's go and find Vali and get the Dividing Gear," Ddraig said, sending some of his power to knock Aurva out of his trance.

"Yeah, sorry. Why didn't the Gamer's Mind not suppress the urge?"

"Never mind," he thought as it is going to be a useless thought and went on searching for Vali in the underground street fights of Vegas.

Aurva first started on the human side of it and asked anyone he suspected about Vali's whereabouts and if they didn't know, they were Memory Wiped of the incident.

"I didn't think I'll alter the memories of others for Vali," Aurva boredly thought as he was walking to cross towards the Supernatural side of Vegas.

Being the gambling capital, Vegas attracted the eye of the Supernatural even before humans made it a gambling hub and seeing all the humans floating made the supernatural drool.

Aurva knew most of the kidnappings and other unsavoury things are done by these scum to their human counterparts since they are weaker than any supernatural beings.

As he was walking, he saw 2 people follow him and turned towards them. "What do you want?" He asked with a stern face.

"We saw you beat that scum and how well you won everything. So we just wanna throw a party for it," the male one said and the female nodded.

"Party? What does it include?" He asked interested. Ddraig thought of interrupting but chose not to, as he knew Aurva will be back on hunting after all this.

They explained everything they planned and Aurva loved every word they said and nodded.

"Hmm, you piqued my interest. Where is it?" He asked and they led him to a good looking pug and gave him some booze to drink.

Sensing no KI from them and no poison in the drink, he accepted the drink and gulped it down. He liked it.

"Wow, I didn't think you had such tasty wine waiting for me. Pour some more," Aurva asked and they did as he asked.

The wine was so good, that he even asked the system to lower his Gamer's body tolerance of Alcohol and the system acknowledged his request.

"Will you dance with me, darling?" Aurva heard a female voice ask and turned to see a woman in a sexy outfit.

"Why not?" He turned to her and was mesmerized by her beauty. She was covered by others till now and seeing her close made him accept.

She has azure blue hair kept in twin buns with black ribbons and deep gold eyes. Her attire consists of a dark-coloured china dress with a golden dragon pattern as well as white long gloves and white thigh length boots both adorned with gold ornaments.

But the most tempting part in her was the small gap she had in her dress, which showed a good amount of her bosom and took her offered hand.

Ddraig didn't like where this was going, but observed closely, keeping on guard, ready to call Aurva to Paradise if anything happened.

As the dance was in full flow, the woman leaned in and kissed Aurva. Being intoxicated and losing his guard, Aurva couldn't sense anything and gave into the kiss.

Report.

Foreign substances detected. Initiating purge.

Purge Failed.

Initiating Purge.

Purge Failed.

Initiating Purge.

Purge Failed.

"Shut up and activate anything that can pull us out of this mess!" Yelled Ddraig.

Request acknowledged.

Initiating …

After Sometime

'Ugh, what the hell. What the fuck is this headache?' Aurva thought as he rubbed his head to get rid of the headache and slowly opened his drowsy eyes.

"Wha-? What happened?" He confusedly asked as he saw a ruined landscape with fire and smoke in all directions.

"YOU ARE AWAKE, AURVA!" Ddraig yelled, losing Aurva some health. Aurva's eyes nearly burst because of the volume of the Dragon.

"Aaaaahhhh. Why are you shouting? What happened?" He asked, still not getting the full picture of what happened.

"What happened? You are asking me what happened? You Moron!" Shouted Ddraig in rage.

Report.

Gamers' Body and Mind are fully recovered due to sleep. Gamer can now perform everything at full capacity. Said the system and Aurva tried to make heads or tails of it. But something interrupted him again. 

A Familiar blue box was floating in the air in front of him and he mentally ordered it to be read.

Quest Complete!

Hidden Quest- In the time of Need.

Compete or fight against a supernatural being not using any of the Gamer abilities and Sacred Gear.

Quest Reward- (?)

Aurva couldn't focus on it. But there was something to the side that grabbed his attention and he focused on it.

Race-? 

Was what it said and Aurva pressed it.

Initiating.

Due to the activation of (?) Protocol, Gamer was forced to change race and the Red Dragon Emperor Ddraig had found the species of change due to the (?) Activation.

"Ddraig, which Protocol is it talking about? I can't remember anything!" Aurva yelled in shock.

"Dumbass. Let me explain what ruckus you did last night," said Ddraig.

"So when that woman leaned in and kissed you-" started Ddraig.

Initiating Change.

Change in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
Aurva heard what Ddraig explained about the events that transpired last night.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Don't forget to vote in the Monthly Poll.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

20