Prologue: Before The Incident
426 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catherine POV

One day, I felt strange again.I always felt it once or twice a month so it's nothing new. But on this particular week, it felt stronger.

This started on a social gathering where I chatted with my "acquaintances". Well, they are actually just nobles that I knew the names of and coincidentally met. It is nothing out of the ordinary, just gossips and such.But then, they discussed the engagement of the third prince.

Daniel Chester is the name of the third son of the king.Since the prince is already 12, they started qualifying potential candidates to become the prince's future bride.

"I heard from my parents that I got qualified as a potential candidate!" A noble proclaimed

"Imagine if you got picked as the fiancée! You will be able to buy all sorts of clothing and jewelry!" Another noble joined

"If you got picked, make sure to share your fortune to all of us!" The third  one exclaimed.

While the three girls happily chatted about dresses and jewelry, I felt a strange feeling wondering what did it mean. It is almost as though I heard that name somewhere yet I can't remember. 

As I finish my etiquette lessons for the day, I went to the dining room to eat lunch. I saw all my family on the table together which is a rare occasion because of my father's work on weekdays.

My father, David Crocus, is a member of the House of Peers. The House of Peers is the upper house of the Parliament of the Eregon Kingdom while the lower house is named The House of Commons where commoners get elected. They scrutinize, amend, and approve laws making sure that it is in the public's best interest. It is also divided into committees where they produce reports, give advice on the king, and appoint officials on the departments the committee is in charge of. My father works at the Science and Technology Committee which is one of the five main committees which explains why my father rarely goes home on weekdays.

Although my father is home, he is frowning. I felt uncomfortable because of the gloomy atmosphere my father has projected. As we ate and finish our lunch, my father spoke after minutes of silence.

"I heard from royal officials that our daughter got qualified to become a potential candidate." My father stated

"Did you express your concern towards the officials?" My mother questioned

"I did yet they told to just give it a try." My father answered.

"Why are we getting worried over sister's potential engagement? Isn't it great if sister get picked?" My younger brother asked.

"If sister got picked but their relationship doesn't work, it would be difficult to step down. Stepping down would lead to gossips making it difficult for our sister to find a good suitor." My older brother stated

As my family talked about my potential engagement, the strange feeling came back stronger than last time. I try my best to forget about it by thinking about my potential engagement.

"I should not worry about my potential engagement. I should just not bully Emily and let the prince live happily" I thought

Wait...Who's "Emily"?

As I try my best to stand up to get away, my feet gives out as I faint on the spot.

As I wake up from my bed, I remembered... my past life.

9