Chapter 2: Gathering Information and Making Plans
268 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catherine POV 

As I wake up the next day, I got up and started writing all of the information I remembered on my past life about the otome game.

Emily Blanc, the name of the protagonist, is a kind-hearted and hardworking individual. After the baron family adopted her, she promised herself that she will try her best to pay back the kindness that was given to her.

In the game, I am the villainess who bullies Emily because of her status. I am certain that I will get involved in the prince's route because of my engagement with the prince and has a few scenes of me bullying her in other routes. Sadly, I haven't finished any routes in my past life so I don't know what will happen to me. If I predict what will happen based on my knowledge on romance novels, either I lose my status as a noble, be exiled, or in worst case, death. They can also forgive the villainess but it is a rare occurrence because of people being angry about the villainess getting off scot-free.

There are 4 main love interests which are the third prince, the duke's son, the villainess' older brother, and a knight. 

The third prince has golden hair and blue eyes. He is popular with the ladies not only because of his appearance but also because of his royal status. 

In the game, I got engaged with the prince because of my status but..... there are events that occurred in the present that differ from the game.

My eye color and surname are different. I remember in the game that I am the daughter of a marquess family named Catherine Fenrich.Although my facial features are similar, I have brown eyes where in the game it is golden. Mother probably annul or step down the engagement with the noble. That gives me a bit of relief knowing that I can change my fate.

If I remember correctly, the reason why I got picked in the game because my family has great relations with influential foreign merchants which can boost trade on our country.

Although the present has some differences, there is still a high chance of me getting picked by the third prince.

My father is highly popular in parliament because of his policies and speeches. My family is still influential with foreign trade because of the port trade in our territory. Although there are people with higher ranking, they are infamous for corruption and excessive spending. 

With this in mind, I need to come up with a plan.

The reason the prince chooses me in the game despite him disliking me is because the royal officials recommended to make me the fiancée.

Meaning, I need to make them to recommend another noble instead.

Here's the plan, I need to show that I am not interested into becoming a fiancée.My family already tried to step me down as a potential candidate so if the candidate herself doesn't want to become the fiancée, they would just recommend another one.

This way, I do not need to worry about accidentally getting in the way and getting blamed for it.

Thinking about it, I just basically need to be carefree about the potential engagement.

After all, it will be exhausting to convince a candidate to stay if they don't want to in the first place.

After all things considered, I stand up and went to eat my breakfast.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I pumped my fist promising myself that I will live my life to the fullest.

8