Chapter 6: Unplanned Outing (I)
149 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catherine POV

After 3 hours of learning, we then took a break.

Our parents apparently wanted for us to talk to each other and doesn't want to disturb us. They wanted us to get along with each other and become friends since we will become classmates.

I love how thoughtful they are.

But there is one problem though... Her brother isn't talking with us.

He doesn't communicate with us making an awkward atmosphere for all of us. He usually just answers "Mhm" in our conversation and when we ask him, it is usually short as if he is forced to answer. Her mother probably told him to stay on our side and communicate or he will get lectured.

As we finished our break, we went back into magic training.

As I am training to enhance my magic, I started thinking about Samuel.

If I remember correctly, Samuel has an inferiority complex towards people making him distant on whoever he met. With this, should I give him a push to be able to communicate with Stella?After all, they are siblings so it would be kind of awkward if they don't get along despite living in the same house.

Wait...I haven't told Stella about my plan yet. She might not be ready and say the wrong words resulting in their relationship becoming more distant.

For now, I should leave things as it should be. I need to consult with Stella on how she is feeling and if she is ready to be able to take steps on getting closer with her brother.

As the sun sets, our magic training is over.

I made some progress towards my wind magic and being able to make a small breeze. I also trained on my light magic but I haven't been able to heal a small cut.

Enhancing my light magic is difficult.

With weekend coming up, I will go out with Stella again since it has become a routine for us. After all, we scheduled our time and meeting place.

With this, we are all set----

"Would you mind if Samuel go along with your outing?" The duchess said

What...

"You guys usually go out in weekends so I thought that Samuel can join since he is usually at the house doing nothing." The duchess said smirking

"Mom, what do you mean?!" Samuel said as he came back after hearing what her mother said.

"Dear, it is important for you to start socializing with other people and making friends. After all, you are going to enroll in the magic academy."

"But mom, I'm still thirteen years old---"

"That is always the excuse that you are telling me. You need to start socializing with people. You cannot always turn down marriage interviews and social gatherings. It will be difficult for you to enroll in the magic academy without any social skills."  The duchess said as she lectures Samuel.

"But--"

"No ifs or buts. You are coming along with them on their outing. Stella, tell me if Samuel is misbehaving so I can lecture him."

"Yes.......mom" Stella said

As Stella said it, Samuel looked at us looking annoyed. He really doesn't want to come with us.

After that, we told Samuel and the duchess about the time and meeting place.

With that settled, my mother and I went home.

"Mom, do you know what made Samuel not like us?" I asked my mother

" Hmm...I don't know. I know some acquantainces of mine doesn't like interacting with people but to try to be distant as much as possible is quite a mystery." My mother replied

"The duchess and I are actually worried for Samuel. She told me that he was once a social and friendly kid but suddenly, he became distant for some reason.She is worried that he will become alone with no friends and no significant other. She asked me for some advice and I told her to make him step out of his comfort zone from time to time." My mother said

Huh... Even the duchess doesn't know why he became distant.

This is going to be a difficult problem to solve.

As mother and I talked, the carriage stopped which means we are here.

As I finished my dinner, I prepared myself for tomorrow's outing since Samuel will be also with us.

Before I slept, I will try my best to make Stella and Samuel get along with each other while trying to not trigger Samuel's route.

6