Chapter 8: Unplanned Outing (III)
133 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catherine POV

"What did you say about me?" Samuel said as he looked shocked.

Wait...Did I say something wrong?

"No, wait! There must be a misunderstanding! I didn't---"

"YOU LIAR!"  Samuel expressed pain as he yelled those words.

"I thought you guys are different! Yet you think of me lowly behind my back!"

"Wait! We're not badmouthing you! We're complimenting you about how nice you are since you paid for Stella's dress! Right, Stella?!" I said.

Crap...We need to resolve this misunderstanding quickly!

" Yeah, Samuel! I think that you are a kind and gentle person!" Stella said.

"But you don't really think that, do you?! Stop with your empty flatteries because I don't need any of it! I know you think of me as a gullible person that you can take advantage of! I WON'T HEAR ANY OF IT!"

As he yelled those words, he sprinted straight out of the clothing store. We tried catching up with him but he is running faster than us.

God...What have I done?

As we are trying to catch our breath, I started talking with Stella.

"I'm sorry, Stella...You guys fought because of me..." I stated while being upset to myself

I teased him despite us not being close...How selfish of me to think of myself before others. I really am the villainess.

"No, Catherine! It is just a misunderstanding! I know that Catherine wasn't badmouthing Samuel! Catherine is kind after all!" Stella said trying to cheer me up.

Thank you, Stella...I can't believe that I became friends with her.

"We just need to catch up with Samuel to resolve this misunderstanding." Stella said

" Alright, I'll search him at the left side of the town while you search at the right side of the town. We'll meet back at the clothing store 30 minutes later." I said

As Stella agreed to my plan, we started searching for Samuel. As I am searching for Samuel, a thought came to my mind

How should I apologize to Samuel?

I have caused Samuel to become distant with Stella again despite them getting closer moments ago... It is because of my selfishness.

I became too friendly with him and teased him...We aren't even close yet I treated him as if he is my friend.

As I regret my actions, I try to pick the right words to apologize to Samuel.

After 30 minutes of searcing, I didn't find Samuel.

As I am heading back to the cloting store, I saw Samuel and Stella talking to each other. They looked like they are getting along again...

Wait! I need to apologize to Samuel!

As I sprinted to Samuel, I bowed my head as low as I can

"I'm sorry for my behavior, Sir Samuel!"

"Woah!"

" We aren't close yet I teased and treated you as one! I hope you forgive me!" I said.

" I'll do anything---"

"OK! Wait! You don't have to go that far! I accept your apology! Please raise your head!"

As I raised my head, I heaved a sigh of relief.

Phew...Thank god, he doesn't hate me.

"Besides, I should be the one apologizing. I made a scene although you are just complimenting me. I am deeply sorry for all the trouble that I have done. I hope you forgive me" Samuel said as he bowed his head.

Wait, what... He is apologizing to me!

"I accept your apology. I am just glad that we resolved our misunderstanding." I said while smiling at him

Thank god that the debacle has been resolved...Would have been bad news if he hated me even before we become classmates at the magic academy.

As the sun sets, we agreed that we should go home. We chatted as we walk to their carriage

"Catherine, may I ask? Why did you go back in addressing me as Sir Samuel?" Samuel said

"Well...After our misunderstanding, I just thought that I should address you that way since it is rude of me to assume that we are friends even though you do not see me that way." I said

"It's ok! You can go back in calling me Samuel again! In fact, I should be the one apologizing for making you feel that way." Samuel said

Crap... I made Samuel feel terrible. What kind of friend am I?!

" It's ok...You don't have to apologize! I am just glad that we resolved our misunderstanding and became friends again!" I said.

"Is that so..." Samuel said.

As they step inside their carriage, Samuel looked back at me.

" I almost forgot...As apology for the scene that I caused, I'll set up our outing next week and surprise both of you. This is the best I can do as an apology for causing trouble for both of you." Samuel said

" Is that so?! Thank you, Samuel! I'm looking forward to it!" I said

An outing he planned...That is exciting! Wonder what he will have in mind!

As I said my goodbyes for Stella and Samuel as they boarded the carriage, I also walked back to my carriage to go back home.

As I am walking, a thought came to my mind.

I am glad that I became friends with Samuel.

Although there are problems that we faced in our outing, I'm glad that everything has been resolved. After all...

I want us to become closer.

5