(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 2: Understanding Samuel (II)
116 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

Three weeks have gone by and everything has changed.

I didn't go to social gatherings anymore... I feel like every time someone is staring at me, they are gossiping about me behind my back...

Although I still talked to my parents, I became more and more distant with them...

I feel like I can't trust anyone... Once I heard those words, I can't shake off the feeling that everyone thinks of me that way...

My parents told me that they are worried and that I at least go outside.

After some time of them demanding, I eventually went outside.

As I went outside and explore the town, there is one thought that came to my mind...

It is quite noisy...

I don't know if it is because I didn't go to social gatherings anymore or because I began disliking people but still... I don't like it here.

I hurriedly walk away from the lively streets and tried to find a more quiet place and ended up in a forest near the town.

"Ah... Much better..."

I don't know what changed inside me but... I like the peace and quite in this place...

Back then, I was an energetic person. I would talk to so many people because I want to have as much friends as possible... How naive of me...

But right now, I feel that talking to people isn't worth it.

What is the point of becoming friends anyway if they just hate you?

It is much better to be alone than to experience that again...

As I am deep in my thoughts, I enjoy the breeze of wind.

Huh... The wind is quite strong today. I hope the birds are well.

It would be difficult for birds to be blown off course and get injured.

I hope they are well---

Oh right! The bird! I completely forgot about the bird!

I got so distracted with the sudden events that I forgot to pick up the bird on the veterinary.

As I remembered to pick up the bird, I went to the carriage and asked to head to the veterinary where the bird is.

Minutes later, I've arrived in the veterinary.

"Oh the bird... It is doing fine. It has fully recovered. You can take care of the bird now. Just make sure that it has food and a proper home for it to live." The veterinarian said

"I see... Thank you for taking care of the bird. Here is your payment." I said

I paid the veterinarian for the service fees with extra considering that I picked up the bird late.

"Thank you for the payment. Pleasure doing business with you."

As I finished paying the veterinarian, she went to get the bird.

Compared to last time, the bird looks well and the wing that broke has healed.

"Here is the bird. Make sure to take good care of it." The veterinarian said

But when she tried to hand me the bird, the bird screeched and resisted.

"Whoah! What's wrong?" The veterinarian said as she tries to calm the bird down.

The bird must be scared that it will return to its previous home. Poor bird, it doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

" Don't worry, birdie. I am your new caretaker. I will make sure that you are properly taken care of." I said to the bird to try to comfort it.

Although I tried reassuring it, it still squirmed and resisted.

"Maybe you should try comforting it by petting it." The veterinarian said.

I then tried petting its head. Although it hid its head the first time I tried petting it, it eventually calms down and after several pets its fear has vanished completely.

"It seems the bird doesn't fear you anymore. I think it won't resist again if I hand the bird to you." The veterinarian said.

She then handed me the bird.

The bird then walked on my arm and laid on my shoulder.

"Hmm... It seems the bird likes you now. Well then, come again if the bird isn't feeling well. Have a nice trip." The veterinarian said.

As I said my goodbyes, I then board the carriage and return home.

It seems the bird is fond of me. I then petted it several times.

Huh... Birds are quite cute.

Unlike humans, animals doesn't usually hide their emotions and instead completely expresses them.

I'm glad that the bird likes my company.

With the bird, I don't need to worry about what it thinks of me. Might I add, its chirps are calming.

I think bird watching would be fun.

I know it is quite a niche hobby to observe birds but for me, I think that I will enjoy it. It will be calming and quiet.

After all, my parents are demanding that I go outside so it is a win-win.

It is quite comforting to not attend social gatherings anymore and socialize with other people because I don't want to deal with people like them. I'll admit that I am adapting with this new life of mine but...

It is getting quite lonely...

I want to communicate with someone. Share our own hobies and try things that I haven't experience yet. Hang out with them and such... But because of that event, I cannot go back to my past self anymore but still...

I hope that someone will understand me and stay by my side...

5