(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 6: She’s Going Outside
76 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

Stella and I have been getting along.

I usually visit her at her room. She doesn't come out very often so I try my best to be close with her.

As of now, I am getting closer to her little by little. She started talking about romance novels that she have read while I talked about books about birds that I have read

Today, we are on our usual trivial talks after we finished breakfast.

"Sorry to inform you, Samuel but...I can't talk to you after lunch."

Wait... Did she got tired of me!

"Wait! I didn't mean it that way! I just wanted to say that I need to go outside this afternoon so I'm sorry if we won't be able to talk!"

Oh...It seems that I misunderstood. Phew... Thank god, she doesn't hate me...

"So where are you going, Stella?"

"At a bookstore in the town. I wanted to buy romance novels."

"Cool! But a quick question...shouldn't you just ask the maids to buy it for you?"

I don't go to the town often because for some reason, I don't like it anymore. I just go to our backyard if I wanted to look at birds and animals. And if I want to buy a book, I just ask the servants to buy it for me.

"Well... Mom said that I should try going outside."

"But if you don't want to go outside, you shouldn't force yourself."

"Wait, Samuel...Although part of the reason I want to go outside is because of Mom, I also want to go outside because I want to grow. I have been isolated in this room for a long time and this is my first step on becoming strong. I can't be the same weak girl after all that you have done to me. Because I want you... to be proud of me..."

As she said that, she stared into my eyes.

She seems determined to repay me back and she wants me to be proud of her.

"I'm glad that you are doing this for me.Don't worry though, no matter what happens, I'll be proud of you... Well then, do you want me to be with you?"

"Samuel, didn't you told me that you don't like going to the town?"

Ah... I remembered that I told her that.

"But I want to also become strong so I want to get past over my dislike of the town."

"Maybe next time... I want to do this alone. Wait! I didn't mean it that way! I just want to do it this way because I want to be able to do things alone so that I wouldn't bother you..."

"I know...Well then, I hope that you do your best. I hope that you have a nice trip this afternoon."

"Thank you, Samuel."

After that, we shifted our conversation.

------------

Right now, Stella is about to board the carriage to go to the town.

"Hope that you have a nice trip, Stella. I'll be waiting for you."

"Thank you, Samuel. I'll tell you everything once I got back."

As she boarded the carriage and the carriage started going, I stood there staring at the carriage until I can't see it anymore.

As I head back, a thought came to my mind.

It has been a while since I became alone.

After the adoption of Stella, my days have been fulfilling. I never thought after that incident that I'll have a friend yet here I am today.

Which is why I am feeling this... loneliness

I am feeling this loneliness ever since that incident...

But unlike that incident, it has a different feeling. Instead of being mixed with sadness, it is mixed with worriness.

I know that this will occur often but... I just can't get rid this feeling out of me.

I'm afraid that she will find a better friend than me and toss me away. After all, the reason why she became friends with me is because I'm the only one she could rely on.

"Haa...I need to get this thought out of my head."

As I said that, I went to my room and started reading a book about birds.

Hours gone by and the sun is setting yet she still didn't come back.

Why is she still not here...Did something happen to her?

She just went and picked up books right... Does it take that long to pick up books...

As I am getting more worried over Stella, I heard that a carriage has arrived.

Stella is back!

I felt a sense of relief mixed with happiness as I went down to greet Stella.

"Stella, welcome back! I hope that you had fun!" I said enthusiastically

After I saw Stella, all my worries have dissipated.

"Samuel! Thank you for greeting me. I hope that you had fun while I am going out."

"Don't worry about it! I had fun too!"

I can't tell her that I got worried over her when she is away. I don't want her to feel bad.

"Well then, can I ask you about what you did outside?"

I then looked at the carriage and saw tons of romance books getting carried by the servants.

That is quite a lot of romance novels...No wonder she took so long. She probably took a long time picking up books and after she is finished, she then bought some snacks. It seems that I am getting worried over nothing--

"Oh! Sorry that I got home late, it's just that... I made a new friend."

4