Chapter 0: In the Beginning…
27 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10,000 B.C.

Earth

Suddenly out of nowhere in the clear blue sky, figures appeared one by one, floating effortly mid-air. They blotted out the sun with their titanic forms with each of them coming in different strange shapes and colors.

“So these are the ones that Father has chosen?” A blue-skinned solemn being spoke up as he took in the mortals down below toiling away at their tasks. Gabriel, the Messenger & Voice of God, the Left Hand, Master of the Winds, and Seraphim of the highest order in the Heavenly Host took in everything without saying another word.

“They look weak and puny,” a harsh brutish voice declared, who turned out to be a reddish being with red smoldering eyes. Amenadiel, God’s Fury, Master of War, and most powerful of the Seraphim crossed his hands over his chest in contempt while finally down below the people took notice of the entities high up above.

“I feel so sad for them. Their lives are cut so short,” a child-like being shook her head in sorrow. Azrael, deliverer of souls, Mistress of Death, and deadliest among the Seraphim looked close to tears. Meanwhile, the primitive humans down below started pointing and staring up in open fascination.

“Why should you feel sad for them?” a metallic grey-colored being asked with a sneer on her angelic face. “They are pathetic creatures that are not worthy of our time!” Raguel, the Great Arbiter of God, Mistress of Justice, and high adjudicator among the heavenly host stated while turning her nose up in disgust at the humans who came out in droves from their huts and took them in all their wondrous glory.

“I don’t know about you sister, but I find them to be soo cute~” a pink-colored being gushed as she cupped her cheeks. Sophia, bringer of joy, Mistress of Love, and most beautiful among the Seraphim watched the humans as they started bowing down in supplication towards them and crying out in reverence.

“They do have some redeeming qualities and they shall accomplish much in their short time here in this world.” A purple-colored being with a soft smile on his face spoke up. Jeremiel, God’s Mercy, Master of dreams and prophecies, wielder of the Staff of Life, and most astute of Seraphim gazed at the few humans who stood apart from their breathens supplicating themselves and looked on with doubt and worry.

With a slight popping sound, another angel arrived, his ebony-colored skin marred with a frown. “What are you doing here?” Remiel, silent Watcher on the wall, Master of Apocalypse, holder of the Book of Enoch asked. “Father’s orders were clear! Don’t interfere with the affairs of the mortals. And look what you've done,” he pointed down at the people who were now clearly on their way to starting a religion as they were already gathering material to build a shrine and give some offerings in their honor.

“Brother, the fault lies completely on me,” a new voice cut in. Floating down towards the group was a golden being with blinding white radiance spilling out of him. Michael, God’s Right hand, Master of Light, Leader of the heavenly host, and oldest Seraphim smiled brightly at his siblings.

“I am the one who let his curiosity get the best of him, and told my sibling to come check out the humans with me.”

Sighing wearily, Remiel didn’t begrudge his brother and remained silent.

Gabriel on the other hand didn’t hold his tongue. “Remiel’s concerns are well-founded, brother. The memory of this event today shall remain stuck in their collective consciousness for a very long time. There is a reason why we are commanded not to interfere. I wouldn’t be surprised if we pop up numerous times in their histories and myths.”

“So what,” the Angel of Justice snorted. “They should be worshiping us and the very ground we literally walk upon.”

“In the end, all this doesn’t matter!” Jeremiel asserted with a far-off look in his eyes. “This will soon all come to an end, and they shall be forced to play to the dark machination of thirsting gods.”

“Watch your tongue, brother, or I shall have it.” Amenadiel turned to glare at his sibling. “These are great beings that you speak of which our Lord Father is amongst.”

“Ahh,” Michael sighed heavily. “Nevertheless, it's quite sad to see a whole race’s fate sealed as such.”

“Careful now, brother, you sound like a certain traitor,” Raguel raised a single eyebrow in warning.

“All life must sadly come to an end,” Azrael melancholically expressed. “If this should be their fate, then so be it.”

“Who knows, maybe they can overcome all the challenges that await them,” Sophia uttered, adding a bit of hope into the conversation.

“That is unlikely, sister,” Remiel said with a shake of his head. “It has been countless eons, and we all know how it plays out.”

“Regardless, we must head back to the Silver City before our absence will soon be noticed,” Gabriel declared.

“What makes you think father doesn’t know where we are already?” Jeremiel asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Go ahead. I will join you all soon,” Micheal nodded to his sibling as they turned around and disappeared one by one. Soon only he remained with an unreadable look in his face as he gazed down at the humans.

With a silent whisper under his breath, before long Micheal was also gone, leaving only an awestruck and reverent group of humans behind. It wouldn’t be long before word would spread from one tribe to another of celestial beings descending upon the earth.

And just as feared, stories would be passed down through countless generations as many depictions of these higher beings would pop up throughout history over and over again until the day they should meet once more face to face...

3