Chapter 1
5.8k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was 6:30 in the evening on August 3rd.

The summer of Morikawa was inhumanly hot, and there was a terrible scene on the set of the web drama “Academy of Fine Arts”. Because of the male lead’s schedule, the director was frantically pushing the schedule of the filming, and various props are placed on the ground everywhere. It was chaos.

After Ye Kehuan finished filming a scene in the scorching sun, she only felt that she was going to be burned.

As soon as she sat down, Ye Kehuan coughed twice, then took her mobile phone from her assistant to go online, and then opened a black post about herself, and saw all kinds of scolding voices in it--

[Netizens have troubled me: “Is Ye Kehuan’s face built like a city wall? How many times has she adjusted herself without regard for cost in her heart? Can a normal person grow that kind of European-style cheeks? Can a nose be that high? I’m so embarrassed to make a post every day to talk about this and that. I really feel sick when I see her face!”]

[Netizen 123: “Is Ye Kehuan dead today? If not, I will ask again tomorrow.”]

Seeing this message, Ye Kehuan squeezed the coke can and said to herself: “Don’t come tomorrow, don’t ask your sister Ye; I’m full of energy and I can fight for another five hundred years.”

Later, Ye Kehuan closed the post.

The assistant watched from the side, waited for her to stop talking, and finally opened a bottle of water and handed it to Ye Kehuan: “Sister Kehuan, calm down, let’s not care about those people!”

After listening, Ye Kehuan took two sips of water and nodded: “I’m not angry, I’m not angry, only a fool would be angry.”

After listening, the assistant wiped some sweat, pursed his lips and smiled: “That’s good, that’s good!”

Ye Kehuan nodded and said no more. However, even though Ye Kehuan said things like that, she still felt aggrieved in her heart.

It’s been a year since she entered this circle. The company has formulated a black-red route for her. The current situation was that she was far more black than red. She was like a brick, and she was moved wherever she needs to create a hot topic.

At this time, Ye Kehuan’s phone rang again.

She picked it up and saw that all major software apps were pushing a piece of news whose core content was: “Jiang Laien has returned to China”.

When she saw the three words “Jiang Laien”, Ye Kehuan was stunned for several seconds, and for a moment only felt that her entire head was banging, and then turned towards the sky.

Who was Jiang Laien? Jiang Laien debuted in her third year of high school, although she did not have frequent activities in the entertainment circle at that time.

Nowadays, although Jiang Laien was only 25 years old, she has debuted for more than eight years. She has always been known as the goddess of the nation. When filming a TV series, her presence would make it a hit, and the same was true when she made a movie. After her first movie, she got the movie queen award in just three years. She was a strong dark horse in the entertainment circle in recent years. She was also known as a rare enchantress of the century. Beauty and strength coexisted, and her popularity and acting skills soared together.

However, what everyone doesn’t know is that Jiang Laien was also an old acquaintance of Ye Kehuan. She’s also the person she never wanted to speak with again.

But by mistake, they have now become peers, and though Jiang Laien has been so lauded in her career, she wallows in boundless darkness.

Thinking of this, Ye Kehuan closed her eyes and heaved a sigh of relief to comfort herself: “It’s okay, it’s okay. Our statuses are too different. We should not be able to meet each other in the short term. It doesn’t matter if you do your own thing. Namo Amitabha, excellent, excellent.”

After self-comforting, Ye Kehuan glazed at Jiang Laien on the phone screen again, and suddenly remembered many things, so she threw the phone aside.

At the same time, inside Liangcheng International Airport.

After greeting the fans who came to pick up the plane, Jiang Laien arrived at the airport parking building through the VIP channel, put her suitcase in the trunk of the nanny car, and finally got into the car.

Since she made two films abroad in a row and took a half-year vacation, she had not returned for a long time.

In the blink of an eye, she felt that Liangcheng’s architectural planning seemed to have changed, and it turned everything a bit strange.

After the driver drove the car out of the airport, the agent Zhao Yunqing spoke: “By the way, Laien, would you like to consider participating in a variety show or something? I know you don’t participate in these, but the domestic reality shows have been popular recently, ah!”

After listening, Jiang Laien smiled: “I don’t want to engage in those imaginary things; I just want to concentrate on filming.”

For her, the thing she wants to do the most is filming. As for fame and wealth, she doesn’t have many thoughts. Fame? Her popularity was high enough. She also doesn’t lack money at all. So all this time, she has been very willful and unrestrained.

“Participating in a variety show can also be regarded as a change of pace, and you haven’t acted in the country for a long time.” Zhao Yunqing didn’t want to give up. “Look at you, you are so popular after disappearing for a while. Everyone is looking forward to your return. So, at this time, if you do a variety show or something, it will be absolutely explosive! What do you think, a national goddess who has never participated in a variety show personally finds the ingredients and heads to the kitchen, if nothing else, this alone is very eye-catching!”

“I just need to catch the eyes of the fans.” Jiang Laien stroked her hair, revealing her white and elegant neck.

Zhao Yunqing stopped for a moment, and continued lightly: “In short, recently there has been a reality show called “The Food is Ready” which has been asking for you. Think about it. Recently, men and women, young and old, are all watching it.”

It was not unreasonable for Zhao Yunqing to value this show so much. After all, there are a lot of people watching this show these days. Although Jiang Laien can make a fortune on her own without participating in it, but who doesn’t want their artist to become more popular? It’s the same reason that people can’t think of too much money.

Jiang Laien still shook her head unconsciously, then unlocked her phone, opened Weibo that just finished downloading, and read the news.

Swiping and swiping, Jiang Laien saw an interactive Weibo post about Ye Kehuan in the official blog of the program group called “The Food is Ready”, and her eyelashes trembled.

Ye Kehuan? Is this Ye Kehuan the Ye Kehuan she knows?

Then Jiang Laien looked at Zhao Yunqing again: “This Ye Kehuan… Is she a new debut?”

“She… Yes, she is an older newcomer who only debuted a year ago. She is as dark as coal. After she came out, she never stopped being scolded half to death.” Zhao Yunqing replied casually.

“Really…” Jiang Laien pushed the sunglasses on the bridge of her nose.

“Yeah, you went aboard for too long, and you were off the Internet for too long when resting. It’s normal if you don’t know. Ye Kehuan only debuted in the middle of last year. Although she looks like a badass, her acting skills are outrageously bad. Zhao Yunqing sighed lightly.

Zhao Yunqing spoke like she was addicted: “In short, this person only has negative scandals. It is said she used to be a little lady…”

Then, Zhao Yunqing changed her sitting posture again and continued: “It is said that she was unrivaled in smoking, drinking, and fighting during her studies. She has had children and slept around many times. The fans of Jiahua Dan can’t wait to slap her to the ground…”

Was she? Jiang Laien looked at her phone, why didn’t she know Ye Kehuan was such a person?

Thinking of this, Jiang Laien squeezed her fingers, then pushed up her sunglasses. Quietly, she continued to scroll through Ye Kehuan’s Weibo. Looking at the photos, she confirmed that this was indeed the Ye Kehuan she knows, and that she looks exactly the same.

“By the way, the show that Ye Kehuan is participating in is “The Food is Ready” that you asked me to participate in, right?” At this moment, Jiang Laien asked suddenly.

“Yes…” Zhao Yunqing nodded lightly, suddenly worried that Jiang Laien would refuse because of Ye Kehuan’s poor reputation. She suddenly regretted that she had said so many bad things.

At this time, Jiang Laien pressed her sunglasses down a little, revealing a pair of beautiful eyes, and looked at her: “Help me contact the program team.”

It was Friday in the blink of an eye.

After filming the last scene in the swimming pool, Ye Kehuan dragged her tired body for a few steps, then put on her clothes and took a bottle of mineral water to the building of the variety show group to prepare for a meeting.

Before reaching the door of the conference room, just as Ye Kehuan held the door handle, her phone vibrated. Ye Kehuan had to temporarily walk aside and answer the phone: “Hey, Sister Cheng.”

“The program group of “The Food is Ready” will hold a meeting later, don’t forget.” Agent Cheng Xin told her.

“I know.” Ye Kehuan paced down the corridor, looked out the window again, and whispered, “I’m already at the door of the conference room here.”

“Oh, that’s good! By the way, luckily for you, this show is estimated to be a big hit this season! It will usher in unprecedented ratings!” Sister Cheng said with a smile that she could hear through the phone.

“Ah? What do you mean?” Ye Kehuan was taken aback.

“Do you know who joined this show?” Cheng Xin sold snake oil.

“Who? So excited…” Ye Kehuan asked casually after taking a sip of water.

In the next moment, Cheng Xin shouted with great power: “Of course it is Jiang Laien, a popular movie queen! A national goddess with her own fortune, you dare say this isn’t exciting?!”

In an instant, Ye Kehuan started choking on the water and coughed non-stop.

Jiang Laien? Ha, was this the legendary “enemies often meet on a narrow road”?! Ye Kehuan instantly turned her head and looked at the door of the conference room.

 

TL/N: 

Many references are made to Ye Kehuan being “black” in this chapter. This is slang for a person with a bad reputation. Red would be someone with a good reputation, because it is an auspicious color. You will see a lot of references to Kehuan being black heading forward.

37