Chapter 16
3.4k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after returning to the residence, the rain stopped. It had only fallen for a while, as if it was deliberately messing with them.

Because she was too lazy to allocate more rooms, Liu Yun suggested: “Let’s follow the previous allocation from Bincheng, and we won’t change roommates. What do you think?”

Maybe it was because everyone was easy-going, or maybe it was because they got along better now, but the big guys nodded one after another and said it was okay.

Compared with the previous ones, the place where they were staying this time seemed to be much simpler. It was a bamboo house, but both the exterior and interior layout looked quite unique, and even smelled faintly scented.

Ye Kehuan slept quite well that night.

The next day, when Ye Kehuan got up, she thought about it for a long time, but she changed into what she was accustomed to wearing: an old-style white t-shirt and hot pants with holes.

After changing clothes, she went to the living room to drink a bowl of porridge with mustard, plus two or three steamed buns. Ye Kehuan then put down her chopsticks and stared at the two remaining buns on the table.

The steamed buns were really delicious. They were steamed under a pine needle mat, which gave them a delicate fragrance, had thin skin and a lot of stuffing, the right amount of fatness and thinness. After a bite, you would be left full of happiness and endless aftertaste.

“Huanhuan, do you still want to eat?” Liu Yun asked intimately when she took the plate.

After Ye Kehuan came back to her senses, she waved her hand: “No, no, I’m a star, I want to stay in shape.”

“Oh, well, it’s really hard to be a star.” Liu Yun sighed.

“I’ll help clean up.” Ye Kehuan smiled happily, then stood up and picked up the plates with Liu Yun.

However, after returning to the kitchen with the remaining plate of buns and mustard greens, Ye Kehuan stared at the buns for a long time, and finally couldn’t hold back, picking up the remaining buns and putting them in front of her. “Just a few more bites. No, just one. I just need to run a little more at night.”

After talking to herself, Ye Kehuan tilted her head and bit down. After eating Ye Kehuan wiped her mouth, and then her eyes were firmly grasped by the other bun.

After a fierce ideological struggle in her mind, Ye Kehuan grabbed it: “It’s fine, I just ate them all. Not one more, and not one less.”

After eating both of the two buns, Ye Kehuan smiled contentedly, feeling that she was completely awake today.

After breakfast, the program team took everyone to visit the Botanical Garden in Wulan City.

After everyone entered the house with mineral water and tickets, Bai Wei took out the SC camera and began to snap pictures.

Jiang Laien and Ye Kehuan followed closely, and took pictures of all directions with their mobile phones.

After walking around and admiring everything, everyone’s feet were a little tired. In addition, the weather was hot, and it was almost time to eat again. Therefore, a crowd of people came out of the scenic spot and reached “Shixiang Street” and went into a small alley. They walked to a restaurant called “Chunjiang Huayueye” and stopped.

After entering, a cobblestone path unfolded in front of you, and it took a while to formally enter the restaurant. There was a counter at the entrance, and a thin and tan-looking woman was next to an open ledger, quickly tapping on a calculator.

“Hello!” Ye Kehuan bowed to her after entering.

After listening, the boss raised her head to look at them, and then smiled: “Hello, hello, hello everyone. Want to eat? Then come with me first.”

After speaking, the boss came out from the counter and led everyone towards a wooden staircase. The wooden stairs looked a bit old, and there were some vines around them, which was strangely beautiful.

After the group went up, they picked a place by the window and sat down, only to find that the top was also beautiful and tight, with flowers and dried flowers decorating the surroundings at the same time, and the little sophistication revealed a lazy retro feeling.

In the end, the few people ordered beef in sour soup, crispy pork belly, wild mushroom soup, secret sauced beef, big bon choi, dried tangerine duck, and Chunjiang fish soup.

After half an hour, the dishes were served one after another.

The skin of the crispy pork belly was charred, just the right thickness, and it was not greasy and smelly after the first bite; the fresh fragrance of the wild mushroom soup was completely brought out, and it was delicious when drinking with the pork belly…

Very quickly, the big guys ate the dishes on the big table to the bones.

Ye Kehuan checked her Weibo while listening to them chatting, the flipped through her photo album, posted the photos she had taken to Weibo, and typed: “Good day!”

As a result, a few minutes later, Ye Kehuan fell into silence as soon as she scrolled through the comments.

Netizen 1: “Unbelievable, this bad angle… terrible, isn’t it?

Netizen 2: “...Sister Ye, how hard would it be to post your next photos with a filter?”

However, in the next second, Jiang Laien gave Ye Kehuan a thumbs up. The second after that, Weibo was reminded by the star Jiang Laien to pay attention to her. For that second, Ye Kehuan was shocked.

Soon after, Ye Kehuan’s Weibo was reposted by Jiang Laien: “Because of you, it is twice as beautiful.”

After Ye Kehuan saw that, she looked up at Jiang Laien inconceivably, and saw Jiang Laien put her phone aside, pick up her drink and have a sip, all with a calm smile on her face.

After a minute of confusion, Ye Kehuan hurriedly returned to pay attention. Then, after typing and deleting for a long time under the Weibo reposted by Jiang Laien, she finally sent the word: “Yes.”

Looking back, Ye Kehuan found that the amount of likes and comments on her Weibo had shown explosive growth, as did Jiang Laien.

There were conspiracy theories that this is for the effect of the show, and some people said that Jiang Laien must be too pure and naïve, so she was deceived by Ye Kehuan, and they persuaded Jiang Laien to stay away from her so as not to get close to the ink, and some people clamored to be right, that Jiang Laien was a sellout.

However, some people started to think about something: Jiang Laien was not the only one who said Ye Kehuan was good. Bai Wei had also boasted before, and Liu Yun also liked her. Moreover, the stars were far away from the audience, who knew their true colors? Ye Kehuan was a bit cute because she couldn’t use filters!

Soon after, everyone began to wonder what kind of person Ye Kehuan really was.

[Suddenly looking forward to the show starting.]

[When will this show be broadcast? I must be the first to watch it!]

Among the public, such calls had gradually become louder.

“Hmph, when the show starts, you will know that I haven’t said half a word of a lie!” At this moment, Bai Wei, who was also on Weibo next to her, murmured.

“Yes!” Liu Yun also nodded.

Ye Kehuan laughed after listening. Jiang Laien was right, the best part of the show was meeting everyone.

In the blink of an eye, day turned to evening, and after eating, Ye Kehuan saw a mission card on the coffee table as soon as the group returned to their residence.

So Ye Kehuan picked it up, and after looking at it twice, she yelled, “Sister Yun, mission card!”

The old rule was that Liu Yun was supposed to look at the task first. So, Liu Yun, *dengdengdeng* ran over to take the task card.

“Our rules have changed for this stop.” Liu Yun said after reading it.

“Ah? What’s the change?” Bai Wei walked over and asked from behind.

Liu Yun cleared her throat, and said, “Dear members of “The Food is Ready”, tomorrow you will have a whole day to prepare for the game, and then at 7 o’clock in the evening, you will be selling at the midnight snack market in Wulan for a long time. For this three-hour barbecue supper, the ingredients will be prepared by the program team in advance (you can also prepare some yourself!). After the time is up, the stall which sells the most barbecue will be the champion!”

“In other words, we are selling midnight snacks this time. Whose stall sells the most and whose customers buy the most, determines the winner?” Jiang Laien raised her eyebrows slightly.

“I think it’s good, and cooking skewers--feels like it’s not too difficult.” At this time, Zhao Qi rubbed his hands and smiled like a crescent moon.

“Well, I also think this time I have a chance to win!” Bai Wei cupped her face with both hands.

Ye Kehuan laughed but said nothing.

Barbecuing, it sounded like it was really simple, but especially in this age, who doesn’t have a microwave or something, how many people had never grilled a piece of meat? But if you did get into it, you would find there are many winding doorways inside.

“Are you going to wash and sleep? I guess we have a big day tomorrow.” At this moment, Jiang Laien asked next to Ye Kehuan.

“It’s not too late. I want to go out and run a few laps before washing. Today I ate a little bit. I can’t get fat after filming, then no one would come to me for more films. I don’t have other resources.” Ye Kehuan said.

“Then I will go with you.” Jiang Laien walked towards the door as she spoke.

Ye Kehuan was taken aback for a moment, and then walked over.

Even at night, the city of Wulan was still so hot. They were jogging the whole time, and it didn’t take long for them to sweat. During this period, the two of them almost didn’t speak at all, but Ye Kehuan felt a sense of peace of mind inexplicably.

Eventually, the two stopped, and Ye Kehuan asked Jiang Laien: “You liked and reposted, then followed me today. Are you not afraid of being smeared?”

Jiang Laien smiled: “A long time ago, someone told me that I should live as I want, and not care about others’ opinions. I think it’s quite right.”

Ye Kehuan smiled softly after listening. Yes, I did say this to her before.

“Are you tired from running?” Ye Kehuan asked again.

After listening, Jiang Laien stopped, raised a hand to fan the wind beside her cheek, and shook her head: “It’s okay. But the road is quite dark.”

“Yeah, are you afraid?” Ye Kehuan asked again.

Jiang Laien tilted her head to think for a moment, then shook her head: “Not afraid.”

“Why?” Ye Kehuan paced slowly.

“Hmm…” Jiang Laien held her hand gently on her chin. “Maybe, probably, it’s because you are by my side.”

When Ye Kehuan heard Jiang Laien’s words, her heart was stunned, and there was a heat rushing to the roof of her eyes, so she switched the topic: “It’s really hot here.”

“Yeah, I suddenly wanted to go swimming. I really want to go swimming when I finish my work. It’s a pity that I swim too badly and I’m afraid.” Jiang Laien sighed.

“It’s okay, swim as long as you want, I’ll watch you.” Ye Kehuan said with a smile. “Such a big deal, let’s buy a wreath and put it on!”

When Jiang Laien heard this, the corners of her mouth gradually twitched: “A flower wreath?”

Start preparing for a funeral now?

Ye Kehuan was also dumbfounded for a while, and choked: “No, swimming…”

33