Chapter 32
2.9k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like her?

Ye Kehuan couldn’t help but raise her hand to press on her chest, and she could vaguely feel her heart beating under her hand, and the rhythm was faster than before.

With her throat sliding, Ye Kehuan stretched out her hand to cover her face.

She couldn’t believe that she would like a woman, and that woman was also her own good friend.

It was simply a double crit. She felt there must be something wrong. There must be.

“Are you still there?” Chen Lulu asked as Ye Kehuan was no longer speaking.

“Yeah,” Ye Kehuan nodded, “Yes.”

“Can’t digest it all at once?” Chen Lulu asked again.

“A little…” More than a little, Ye Kehuan was about to collapse, and she was hopelessly confused, “How could it be possible, that, she and I, we are friends, I should have liked her long ago.”

“But life is like this, with a lot of uncertainty. Of course, whether you believe it or not, you should ask yourself.” Chen Lulu transformed herself into a philosopher.

Ye Kehuan frowned deeply. After a while, she suddenly thought of something, and asked immediately: “No, how can you analyze it so well? An inexperienced person can’t know all that, right? I have been in love. Now, you haven’t even fallen in love. Have you ever fallen in love?”

“I…” Chen Lulu suddenly became hesitant to speak, completely different from her usual agile energy.

“Are you hiding something from me?” Ye Kehuan continued to ask, “I told you everything, but you didn’t tell me anything. This is not fair.”

“Mainly because, it’s too embarrassing. Moreover, there is nothing to say.” Chen Lulu’s voice became much softer.

“Shame?” Ye Kehuan was keenly aware that there was big money hidden behind Chen Lulu.

“Well, it was when I went to Chongyuan City last year to have some barbecue with my little sister, and fell in love with someone selling barbecue at first sight. Because I really liked them so much, it didn’t take long for me to confess. However, after the confession, the other party refused me without saying anything, saying that we were not in the same world at all.” Chen Lulu laughed, her voice becoming very low, “So, although I have never been in a relationship, I understand that feeling too.”

That seemed to have happened last spring.

At the end of the night, on the day before leaving, she mustered up her courage to look at the woman who was wearing a motorcycle jacket and Martin boots, grilling her chicken wings and listening to music. She confessed: “I like you! I want to date you!”

As a result, the woman just raised her narrow eyes and glanced at her, and then faintly said, “I am not interested in women or you”, shaming her half to death.

“So, this is also related to the fact that your pampered ladyship did not do it, but instead suddenly went to open a barbecue restaurant?” Ye Kehuan pondered and continued to ask, “Do you still like him?”

“No, I just want to overthrow what that person said to me!” Chen Lulu retorted immediately.

“Um,” Ye Kehuan nodded, “Okay.”

“By the way, my mother recently made a lot of beef jerky for me. Do you want to eat it? If you want to eat it, I will send it to you?” Chen Lulu quickly changed the subject.

“Really? Good!” Ye Kehuan especially liked the small snacks made by Chen Lulu’s mother.

“That’s it! It’s too late, I’m so sleepy, good night!” Chen Lulu finished speaking and hung up the voice chat without saying another word. The screen showed that the voice call had ended.

Ye Kehuan looked at the screen and sighed. After putting her phone aside, she picked up the script and flipped.

The next day she was going to film some scenes in which Su He clashed with Song Yu, who played a female villain. Probably because Su He had offended Song Yu by speaking before, Song Yu saw that Su He was unhappy, so she deliberately punished her, and at the same time, Mo Jiaojiao from the same cast also added fuel to the fire.

In addition, at some time Su He followed Qi Luo to a place where Qi Luo remembered that she had been before her death, and went there to find clues.

Ye Kehuan couldn’t concentrate on reading it, but felt that her brain was swollen, so she had to put down the script and go to the bathroom to wash her face.

Chen Lulu’s words were indeed completely consistent with her, without any deviation, was she really in a ditch?

Once again, Ye Kehuan pressed her hand to her heart. Really? How is it possible? No matter how much I think, it is still too absurd. What is this possessiveness at the root of it?

At that moment, in the next room.

After taking care of her skin, Jiang Laien sat on her bed, remembering Ye Kehuan’s reaction when she heard that she was going to have a blind date on the road before, and put her chin on her knee thoughtfully.

Actually, she didn’t plan to go on a blind date. She wanted to ask Ye Kehuan that way, just to see what Ye Kehuan’s reaction would be if she knew she was going to have a blind date. Would she be called to not go?

Sometimes, she felt that Ye Kehuan wanted pure friendship with her, but sometimes she felt that Ye Kehuan should like her a little bit, which was really unpredictable.

Just when Jiang Laien thought about that, a text message suddenly entered her mobile phone, which was sent by Lu An, saying that she had helped her get a limited edition bag of a certain brand.

After thanking her, Jiang Laien sent a message: “An’an, are you rushing to design now?”

Lu An replied in a second: “No, I’m applying a mask, what’s wrong?”

Jiang Laien felt that she was not far from going bald and could no longer worry about it alone: “Did I tell you before that I always had a crush on someone, but later, I lost her, and this year I have met her again when I got back?”

Lu An: “Well, what then?”

Jiang Laien looked at her phone screen and fiddled with her hair: “I was still a little unwilling to just be friends with her, so I used various tricks to test the possibility of her bending…”

Lu An: “How effective is it?”

Jiang Laien lay on her bed, staring at the light on the ceiling, and silently replied: “Sometimes I think she should not be straight, but sometimes, I think she is straight.”

Lu An: “When do you think she is curved and when do you think she is straight?”

Jiang Laien thought for a while: “Every time I seduce her, her eyes flickered a bit awkwardly. At that time, I felt that she was bent. But sometimes from the details of our chats, I feel that she was completely straight.”

Lu An: “Huh?”

Jiang Laien sighed: “For example, her thinking is still stuck in the idea that if I want to get married, I must be married to a man. Also, I said that a friend would like to introduce me to someone and asked her if I should see them. She didn’t say not to go, but just told me to pay attention to my safety. Doesn’t that mean that I should go, as long as I choose carefully? In other words, she doesn’t want me.”

Lu An: “I don’t think so.”

“Not necessarily?” Jiang Laien raised her eyebrows slightly.

Lu An: “Yeah, those of you who fall in love are so easy to get into your imaginary thorns. You think she doesn’t like you, and she thinks you don’t like her, and then it doesn’t matter if you pretend to be indifferent. I’ve really seen this situation too much.”

Jiang Laien thought about it, and the corners of her lips rose again: “That makes sense. Let’s not talk about it, I’m asleep.”

“OK. Good night~”

Putting down her phone, Jiang Laien pulled up the quilt.

The next day.

Ye Kehuan woke up from a nightmare. When she woke up, her body was covered in sweat.

She dreamed that Jiang Laien was going on a blind date, and the other party was a little milk dog, and he coaxed Jiang Laien into a relationship with just a few words. Not long after the blind date, the screen switched, and the little milk dog appeared in a church during the wedding march, holding Jiang Laien’s arm. When the screen switched again, Jiang Laien gave birth to her first child, a harmonious family of three was born.

In her dream, she tried to ask Jiang Laien out to play, but Jiang Laien said indifferently: “Who are you?”

Those three words were like a dagger, piercing Ye Kehuan’s heart quickly and ruthlessly, making Ye Kehuan’s tears fall like rain in her dream, spending the rest of her life with wine.

Ye Kehuan swore that that dream was the most terrifying dream she had ever had in her little half of her life, and she still had lingering fears after waking up for a long time. Jiang Laien, she won’t really go on a blind date or something, right?

After tidying the room and herself up, Ye Kehuan just arrived on the site and saw that Jiang Laien was already filming.

Ye Kehuan walked to the dressing room, and at the same time looked at Jiang Laien, but stepped on a prop and almost fell in dog shit.

“Sister Kehuan!” An assistant immediately went to help her with Chao Mingqing.

“It’s okay.” Ye Kehuan stood still, put her hands in her pockets, and continued walking into the dressing room like there was no one else.

“Is Kehuan coming?!” The makeup artist smiled and asked after seeing Ye Kehuan.

“Yeah.” Ye Kehuan walked to the dressing table and sat down.

“Why do you look so disheartened today?” The makeup artist walked over with a comb and scratched her hair.

“No idea, maybe it was because last night was so good I didn’t want to sleep.” Ye Kehuan smiled happily.

The makeup artist laughed after listening, and then began to style her.

At that time, Jiang Laien walked in after her filming.

“Morning!” Ye Kehuan greeted immediately.

Jiang Laien smiled: “Morning.”

After saying hello, Jiang Laien sat down beside Ye Kehuan and raised her face slightly so that the makeup artist could touch up her makeup.

Ye Kehuan was still uneasy, and her eyes kept moving to the corners to look at her. She couldn’t stop thinking about whether she was really going to go on a blind date.

Fortunately, even though Ye Kehuan was still in a poor condition that day, her performance was still beautifully completed, and the scene where Su He and Song Yu fell out was quite tense. That probably had nothing to do with her personal experience in similar incidents.

Seeing her performing so well, Cheng Yan, who had been expecting her to be bad, could be said to be even more angry.

Yes, unknowingly, Ye Kehuan became the darling of the whole crew without knowing. Everyone loved to play and chat with her, but she became more and more forgotten. Jealousy was maddening, and Cheng Yan would feel depressed and breathless as soon as she reported the crew every day.

After that, the director started filming the last place that Qi Luo took Su He to go to.

It was written in the script that Qi Luo’s body was found in a tunnel, but in fact it was not where she died. She was just thrown there. The real place of her death had not been found. Therefore, there was also a lot of evidence that hadn’t been collected.

Time kicked and stomped, and with the sound of the director’s “Action”, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien walked into an old and dilapidated street, and got into a neighborhood that seemed to be very old and lacking in repairs. She found a basement in a dark room, and found some small bottles and some calligraphy and paintings that were connected to cults in the drawers in the basement.

The whole shooting process went smoothly, and nothing went wrong. The work ended very quickly, and it ended at 7 o’clock in the evening.

It was hard to pack up so early in the day. After removing their makeup and changing clothes, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien were going to eat at a well-known restaurant recommended by the makeup artist. She heard that the soup served there was delicious, not just good. Anyone who drank the soup would fall in love.

The cold wind on the road was still pervasive, blowing away people’s bones and happiness, and the traffic of Chongyuan City under the light was very prosperous.

Ye Kehuan saw Jiang Laien’s ears were plugged up and couldn’t help asking: “Listening to a song?”

“Well, Liutong’s new song.” Jiang Laien nodded, pulled out a headphone and handed it to her, “Would you like to listen together?”

Ye Kehuan looked at the little earphone in her fingers, nodded, took it and put it in her ear.

In the earphone, a faint female voice sang: “Unfortunately you don’t understand that I was drunk for you, but unfortunately you think I am just obsessed with alcohol. I just want to be a simple and happy couple with you…”

The tone was faint, with a trace of a sad mood, and at the same time, some complicated thoughts of Ye Kehuan’s were inexplicably drawn up.

At the end of the song, Ye Kehuan turned her head to look at Jiang Laien, and wanted to ask her if she really wanted to go on a blind date, but she couldn’t ask, so she could only give up in the end.

Arriving at the restaurant, they sat down in a private room, and the two ordered a pot of duck soup and some added side dishes. As soon as the waiter exited the room, Jiang Laien’s cell phone rang.

Ye Kehuan didn’t pay much attention, just swiping Weibo.

Immediately, Jiang Laien picked up the call and put her phone to her ear:

“Hey?”

“Are you coming to Chongyuan City too?”

“Okay, I’ll have a meal with you when I have time. What, he wants to come too?”

“Um… See you then. Bye.”

The content of the call was very simple. After Jiang Laien finished speaking, she hung up the phone.

However, Ye Kehuan, who was originally on Weibo, suddenly had a bad premonition and looked up at her: “What’s wrong?”

Jiang Laien put her phone aside: “Didn’t I tell you last night? My friend wants to introduce me to her boss. This time they are coming here on a business trip together, so they asked me if I wanted to meet.”

“So, you agreed?” Ye Kehuan suddenly fell into an unprecedented panic.

Seeing Ye Kehuan’s reaction suddenly becoming so great, Jiang Laien’s fingers trembled a little while holding her cup, and looked at her: “What’s the matter, do you think I shouldn’t agree?”

 

The author has something to say: Ye Kehuan: “Can I still be rescued?!”

I ran to the hospital yesterday. There were too many people after the holiday, and the queue was dead… After I came back, all kinds of exhaustion was gone _(:3] <)_ forgive me~

26