Chapter 61
2.9k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, after Yu Mei’s unhappiness lasted for a short period of time, she quickly adjusted her mentality. It wasn’t wrong that she was a wealthy daughter, and she had been spoiled since she was a child, and it was not wrong to keep her skin out of the sun. But! In order to calm herself down two years before, she had spent three and a half months in the country with her best friend, so she was quite experienced in living in the country.

As for cooking, it was okay. Li Yaolin could still cook. When the time came, she could let her make it. After all, they could just buy more instant noodles. Who wouldn’t know how to soak noodles those days? The program team did not say that it was not allowed to bring food. In that way, after the show was broadcast, she shouldn’t be air anymore. After all, as a Bai Fumei, but very comfortable with such things as rural life, everyone would give her a few words of praise when they saw that.

Since the operation of the program group was really a bit too nasty, and Li Yaolin, Jiang Laien, and Ye Kehuan had basically never been in contact with the countryside, and had never lived in the country, their minds were a bit dizzy. Especially when they heard that there was no wireless network there, and even the 4G might be unstable, the expressions of Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien gradually became stiff.

In this world, what was closer to dying than having no access to the Internet? As an Internet addicted girl, Ye Kehuan could accept all the hard work, but really couldn’t accept the state of being without Internet. Would she die if she couldn’t use Weibo?

Yu Mei couldn’t help laughing when she saw Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien’s expressions turning cloudier and cloudier. It seemed that in the upcoming episodes, their brilliance ought to dim. Compared with Bai Fumei who could not eat bitterness, Bai Fumei who could were naturally more pleasing.

When the meeting was over and disbanded, Jiang Laien turned her head to look at Ye Kehuan, opened her mouth, and said nothing in the end. Ye Kehuan also showed the appearance of traveling in space.

After a while, Ye Kehuan turned her head and looked at Jiang Laien: “Do you think there will be wild animals in the mountains? Will they surround our place at night?”

After listening, Jiang Laien raised her hand and stroked her hair unnaturally: “It should be… no.”

Ye Kehuan nodded, and then continued to ask: “What do you think our place will be like? Will there be Simmons?”

Jiang Laien smiled without smiling: “Should… there should be, and the program group shouldn’t treat us too badly.”

Ye Kehuan nodded again: “Yes, after all, we are not doing ‘The Metamorphosis’.”

At that time, Yu Mei smiled: “Actually, I think the countryside is pretty good, and there is no need to panic so much. Moreover, the air in the countryside is very fresh, which cannot be found in a big city. It’s quite extravagant, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Ye Kehuan raised her eyebrows and nodded.

Yu Mei went on to say: “Moreover, it is not a bad thing to have no Internet or anything. Modern people have been immersed in the Internet for too long. They should also take time to put down their mobile phones, look outside, and focus on the people around them. Actually, that might be what living really is.”

Guo Yuqin was very agreeable, and turned to look at her son: “Have you heard, Meimei said so much, you shouldn’t play with your mobile phone all day long.”

After listening, Xiao Mingguang coughed and put down the phone in his hand: “I see.”

“Senior Yu’s philosophy on life is really quite rich.” Ye Kehuan said with a smile.

After Yu Mei listened, her lips curled up again: “It’s just that I have fortunately experienced a lot of things, so I have seen a lot of things. By the way, there will be many mosquitoes in the country, so you need to bring some insecticide spray. When you go to bed, you should also use the spray, and buy some ointment. Another thing is to bring sunscreen, and then, there is also a flashlight. You can also use it in case you have to go out for an emergency at night.

Ye Kehuan nodded: “You know so much; I have been taught.”

Yu Mei smiled slightly and glanced at Jiang Laien again. Seeing that Jiang Laien’s expression still seemed unnatural, her smile became even stronger.

In the afternoon, after everyone had prepared everything they were going to buy, they took their luggage and boarded the program group’s van and set off for the countryside.

Because it was quite far away from the city, the car had been driving for three hours and it hadn’t arrived yet. The people in the car were quite tired. They had sore buttocks and felt numb, making them uncomfortable.

Before they knew it, the sky was dark outside, and the modern city had been replaced by large forests, the roads became narrower, and a thick sense of desolation had swept across the sky. Even before reaching their destination, their mobile phone network was already quite unstable, and it would switch to 2G from time to time, and it took a long time to send a message to someone successfully.

At 7:30 in the evening, the group finally arrived at the place arranged by the program group.

Sure enough, there were a few bungalows side by side, and they were not very inhabitable from the outside, looking quite dirty.

After a few people got out of the car, each group of families moved in after choosing their own house, with Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien choosing the same house.

After pushing the door in, they saw a bed covered with a mattress, a quilt stacked at the end of the bed, a small wooden table, two benches, and an old wardrobe. Going further inside was a kitchen with pots and pans, and the stove was a typical wood-burning stove. No Simmons, no food, only seasoning, and, mercifully, rice.

But, in any case, everything about it felt so miserable. Jiang Laien could only keep an awkward and polite smile on her face.

“I have never burned a wood stove before, how should I arrange this…” Jiang Laien turned her head and looked around, “We don’t even have much firewood.”

Ye Kehuan walked to the stove with hands on her hips, and reached out to unlock the lid of a big iron pan: “It can only be split tomorrow. I just saw a lot of wooden sticks outside.”

After that, Ye Kehuan picked up an iron spoon and weighed it: “Suddenly it seems to be quite fun. I have never used such a big iron pan to fry vegetables. I have only watched it on TV before.”

“Huh?” Jiang Laien walked over from the water tank and looked at the big iron spoon.

“Doesn’t it feel like you’re doing a house restoration?” Ye Kehuan looked at her with the big iron spoon with a smile on her face. She took two more steps, looked around, and raised her hand to get rid of a spider web. “It’s like playing a game like big life transformation, which is to transform a house with nothing into a place where you can live!”

After listening, Jiang Laien stared at the spoon in her hand and nodded: “It seems to make sense.”

“Just think although we have nothing at the moment, but tomorrow, when we fill the kitchen with firewood, go out and find a pile of food, and then enjoy the scenery in the downtime, isn’t it particularly interesting? Sounds like more fun than the mobile phones we always use!”

“You make sense!” Jiang Laien’s eyes flashed instantly, “Unfortunately it’s too late tonight, and it’s not easy to go out, otherwise I would want to play this game right now!”

“Then let’s eat some bread and ham sausage to satisfy our hunger, then wash and sleep, and start our transformation plan at dawn tomorrow!” Ye Kehuan suggested.

“Good!” Jiang Laien echoed.

At that time, on the other side.

After Yu Mei and Li Yaolin entered their house, the smiles on their faces gradually solidified.

It was true that Yu Mei lived in the countryside, but she lived in… a newly developed countryside.

It was a new place with soft beds, simple houses but still whitewashed, and refrigerators, color TVs, and washing machines, not houses with nothing. This was really beyond her scope.

Putting down her luggage and taking out some things, Yu Mei looked around, and then walked slowly a few steps before suddenly walking in front of a cobweb. She immediately stopped, and slowly raised her head, looking up, only to see a big spider hanging above her in a mocking posture. Yu Mei’s scalp went numb with fright. She screamed and dodged several steps behind her in a hurry.

After seeing the spider, Li Yaolin also screamed after her.

On the other side, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien looked at each other for a while after hearing the two howling like slaughtered pigs, nodded, and left together to enter the house of Yu Mei and Li Yaolin.

“What’s wrong?” Ye Kehuan asked.

“Spider, spider…” Yu Mei stretched out her finger in a certain direction, hesitating.

Ye Kehuan listened, looked at them, then turned around and picked up a bottle of insecticide that Yu Mei had taken out and put on the bed. Ye Kehuan calmly stepped forward and sprayed the spider. After a while, the spider fell to the ground. Yu Mei hugged Li Yaolin tightly again and screamed. Ye Kehuan stepped forward, calmly stretched out her foot, squashed the spider, and then turned around and smiled: “Okay, it’s gone.”

Yu Mei’s emotions were still quite agitated at that time, her aura exceptionally disturbed, and she just nodded awkwardly.

But at that moment, a dark figure suddenly sprang out of the kitchen, and then hid under the closet.

“Ah! Mouse!” Yu Mei was even more scared than before. Li Yaolin gritted her teeth and endured the pain of having her feet stepped on, and reached out and patted Yu Mei’s shoulder.

Ye Kehuan looked at her, dumbfounded for a while, then turned around to find a laundry stick, squeezed it in her hand, and walked to the place where the mouse was hiding, and tapped the closet gently. Feeling the danger, the mouse immediately sprang out from under the cabinet. At the same time, Ye Kehuan quickly swiped the stick in her hands, and knocked the mouse to death on the ground.

After that, Ye Kehuan stepped forward, grabbed the tail of the mouse that was dead, turned around, and smiled at Yu Mei: “Okay, this is solved too. Don’t be afraid.”

Yu Mei looked at Ye Kehuan, who was holding the dead mouse with a smile, and gulped, her eyes full of horror. Inexplicably, she felt then that Ye Kehuan was more terrifying than spiders and mice!

“Then let’s go back first.” Ye Kehuan dropped the laundry stick, and walked to the door with Jiang Laien and the mouse. “You can call me if you need anything. I’m right next door anyway.”

“Okay, thanks, thank you …” Yu Mei was still holding Li Yaolin, her legs trembling.

At that time, Jiang Laien looked at the mouse in Ye Kehuan’s hand and said, “This is the first time I have seen a real mouse.”

“Me too.” Ye Kehuan replied.

“Actually, the mouse is very cute, but it’s too bad.” Jiang Laien signed again.

Ye Kehuan nodded: “If it weren’t because it’s bad and easy to spread diseases, I would really like to raise one.”

Jiang Laien sighed: “Yes, it’s a pity that it’s bad and there are so many viruses, so it can only be killed.”

Yu Mei looked at the backs of the two and listened to the content of the conversation between them. Her mind couldn’t help being messed up. Those two must be demons!

After Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien disposed of the dead mouse, they returned to their room, took out the bread they were carrying, and began to eat.

“If we knew it, we should have bought more small breads. It would be miserable if we couldn’t find food tomorrow.” Jiang Laien said while eating.

“It’s okay, I will definitely not make you go hungry.” Ye Kehuan looked quite optimistic.

Jiang Laien also laughed under her infectious nature.

Since there was no Internet, the two of them boiled water, took a shower in the bathroom, turned off the lights, and started to sleep.

The next morning, just after dawn, the two of them got up from the bed. Since they had not searched for ingredients yet, they still ate bread with milk for breakfast.

After breakfast, Ye Kehuan went and knocked on everyone’s door one by one, asking everyone if they would go out for food with her.

Xiao Mingguang, with his hair messed up from sleep, yawned and nodded when he heard that, “Okay, where should we go for food?”

Ye Kehuan replied: “Laien and I are going to go fishing in the nearby river. The director said there are fish there.”

The program crew already prepared fishing gear and bait for them helpfully.

“Okay, I’m going right now!” Xiao Mingguang’s eyes lit up as soon as he heard fishing.

At that moment, Yu Mei and Li Yaolin also opened the door of their house and walked out, supporting their sore waists.

“Do you want to go fishing together?” Ye Kehuan looked at them.

“Fishing… Okay.” Yu Mei laughed. She had never tried fishing or anything, but she still had confidence in herself. Just hang the bait on the hook, then put the line in the water and wait quietly, how hard could it be? Moreover, she only wanted to appear in every scene from now on, so she definitely couldn’t be air.

“Then let’s pack up and get ready to go!” After Ye Kehuan said with a smile, she turned around and returned to her room, and packed up with Jiang Laien.

After more than ten minutes, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien took the fishing tackles, bait, and buckets and walked out of their house together, joined everyone, and set off towards the river together.

The mouse road was uneven, narrow, and rugged, and there was a little rain the previous night. At that time, the soil was slightly moist, and their feet sank into the soil a little, which made their shoes dirty. Fortunately, for the sake of comfort, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien brought flat shoes for this trip, so they were not tired when walking.

But Yu Mei was miserable. Because she never thought that the so-called county would be such an undeveloped place, instead thinking that it was the kind of country with tarmac roads, and she was relatively short and loved beauty, she only brought stiletto high heels. Now walking in them was simply suffering. Those expensive shoes not only failed to make her look elegant and rich, but they instead made her look extraordinarily funny.

Yu Mei really wished she stayed in her house then. Although that would look poor, it was better than taking the mountain trail.

After Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien reached the side of the small river, they saw green trees on both sides of it, and various unknown small wildflowers shyly showing their faces in the grass. They were very cute, and the river was gurgling. Over time, it seemed to wash the human soul. Ye Kehuan couldn’t help raising her arms, raising her head, and taking a deep breath: “I love it here!”

Yu Mei looked at her back and couldn’t help thinking: Bah, drama queen.

“Then shall we start fishing now?” Jiang Laien asked.

“Okay!” Ye Kehuan smiled.

“Should we make a game to see who catches the most in the end?” Xiao Mingguang raised his eyebrows.

“Yes, but I think I will lose.” Jiang Laien sighed.

“You haven’t started fishing yet--your instinct may be inaccurate!” Xiao Mingguang sat down with a smile, tore open a bag of bait, and poured it into a small bowl.

“But we have a great fisherman here,” Jiang Laien looked at Yu Mei, “I remember the ear before or so, Meimei posted a Weibo with a photo showing a bucket full of fish, all of which she caught…”

When Yu Mei heard that, she was taken aback for a moment: “Me, you do?”

Jiang Laien nodded: “Yes.”

Yu Mei was thunderstruck for an instant, and then finally remembered it slowly. Yes, it seemed that there had been such a thing. At that time, her cousin took her to go fishing, and then her cousin caught a bucket full of fish. She was happy when she saw it, and she posted a Weibo with the article: “Today I went fishing with my cousin. I have gained a lot and I am happy.”

Originally, she did not want to say that she fished them herself, but after the release, fans praised her for her greatness. She was not only beautiful but versatile. She wanted to improve her image, so she didn’t clarify that it was her cousin fishing. Yes, she even posted a shy expression under a hot comment that praised her, which was tantamount to tacitly acquiescing that they were fished by her. After a long time, everyone seemed to agree that she was very good at fishing.

Thinking of that, Yu Mei froze again. After that, Yu Mei’s brain turned sharply, and she smiled instantly: “Well, that is, I don’t feel very comfortable today, and my head hurts a bit, and I may not be able to catch up with you.”

Ye Kehuan nodded when she heard that, and then kindly asked, “You’re not feeling well? Is it a cold or a migraine?”

Yu Mei smiled and said, “It should just be a cold from last night.”

“Is it serious?” Li Yaolin was startled when she heard her words, and she wanted to raise her hand to check her forehead, her eyes filled with worry, “Oh, what can I do?”

“It’s just a little uncomfortable.” Yu Mei smiled and blocked her hand a little unnaturally.

After listening, Ye Kehuan nodded: “Pay attention to your body.”

After she finished speaking, Ye Kehuan went in her backpack again, took out two boxes of medicine from it, and then took out a bottle of water, and handed them to Yu Mei: “It just so happens that I have cold medicine in my bag. You can take it.”

Yu Mei stared at the medicine she handed over, and finally took it from her with a smile: “You are so sweet, thank you, I am really touched.”

Ye Kehuan smiled innocently when she heard her words, and waved her hand: “You’re welcome, you’re welcome, we should take care of each other when we are traveling.”

“Kehuan is really nice.” Guo Yuqin said with a smile.

Ye Kehuan smiled happily, without saying much, just lowered her head and opened the bait bag and used the clear water to wash it, doing her pre-fishing work earnestly.

Yu Mei opened the medicine, took out one, put it in her mouth, drank another sip of water, and swallowed it with her eyes closed. It shouldn’t matter if she took some medicine when she was not sick, right? Although some people may have side effects, she should not be so unlucky.

After a while, everyone’s preparations were completed, and they sat down by the river and were ready to go fishing.

“Then let’s see who catches more in one or two hours!” Xiao Mingguang looked at the watch on his wrist.

“Okay!” Ye Kehuan accepted the challenge.

“Okay, it’s 9:30 in the morning, start!” Xiao Mingguang raised his brows and threw his hook into the water.

Yu Mei sat between them, looked around, gulped, and started fishing. Fortunately, she was witty enough to use the excuse of being sick, or else she would make a fool of herself that day. Now everyone knew that she was sick, so she just needed to act realistically, then in the end, even if she didn’t get anything, everyone would think it was normal.

When Ye Kehuan was a child, she often went fishing with her father Ye Bingquan. Because she was so active and could not sit still, her father did so in order to train her to meditate. What he didn’t expect was that Ye Kehuan would fall in love with fishing because of it, and gradually, fished more than her father. Therefore, Ye Kehuan had no burdens when fishing.

As for Jiang Laien, she had also fished a lot with her parents, so there was no pressure.

Ten minutes later, Ye Kehuan easily caught one. Immediately afterwards, Jiang Laien also caught one. Xiao Mingguang and Guo Yuqin had too. But on Yu Mei’s side, nothing happened. Yu Mei wiped the sweat from her forehead and continued to pretend to have a headache. Li Yaolin was also a little anxious. The fish on her side was too old to fall for the bait, but it finally bit. As a result, she moved her pole anxiously and the fish got away.

As time passed, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien were like two assassins with no emotions, and they inadvertently caught half a bucket of crucian carp. Time was up, and they called it a day.

Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien immediately got together with Xiao Mingguang happily, and counted the number of each other’s catch. In the end, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien had a total of nine fish, while Xiao Mingguang and Guo Yuqin had a total of eight. Although the fish were relatively small, there were plenty of them and enough to eat.

However, Yu Mei and Li Yaolin were in a miserable situation. After two hours, there were no fish at all, and their small bucket was still empty.

Upon seeing this, Ye Kehuan immediately fished out three crucian carp from her bucket and put them into Yu Mei’s bucket: “I’ll give you some.”

Yu Mei froze for an instant ,and smiled awkwardly: “Thank you.”

“We’ll give some to you too. We can’t finish eating so much at once, and there is no refrigerator.” Xiao Mingguang said as he also fished out two fish from his bucket for them, and smiled very brightly.

Li Yaolin held the bucket and tucked her hair: “I’m really sorry, thank you.”

“Oh, it’s okay!” Guo Yuqin smiled, “It’s great, I’ll have fish for lunch today!”

After speaking, the group walked back, talking and laughing, with the exception of Yu Mei and Li Yaolin. The two of them followed at the back and said nothing during the whole process, just listening to the previous few people sharing their fishing experience.

On the way back, Ye Kehuan also picked some wild vegetables under the guidance of Guo Yuqin. In that way, their meat and vegetables were matched, and the nutrition was abundant.

After arriving at their houses, it was almost noon, and it was time for lunch.

Jiang Laien was responsible for making the fire and burning the wood, while Ye Kehuan washed rice and cooked it, then rolled up her sleeves and sat outside the door and started preparing the fish. Doing so was not a difficult task for her. She used the knife with one hand to cut the gills, scraped off the scales, and took the internal organs from the belly, and then cleaned it up. Then she washed the wild vegetables and cut them with a knife, then sliced the green onion, ginger, and garlic into sections. In just 20 minutes, the vegetable preparation was completed.

Immediately after that, she was cooking in earnest.

Ye Kehuan had never used such a big iron pan before, and she was a little excited for a while. She added oil to the pan and poured in all the process small crucian carp into it. Soon, the small crucian carp was fried to a golden-yellow body, and at the same time, it exuded the unique fragrance of fish.

After it was almost fried, Ye Kehuan took it out again, left the bottom oil in the pan, added the wild garlic, bean paste, star anise, and bay leaves until fragrant, added the cooking wine and other seasonings, and finally added the stir-fried fish. She added water to cover it all, clapped her hands, and walked to sit next to Jiang Laien behind the stove.

“It’s so fragrant, I feel so hungry now.” Jiang Laien ate some potato chips, then took out one and fed it to Ye Kehuan.

Ye Kehuan smiled happily while she bit the potato chip: “I’m so hungry too. I haven’t eaten anything today.”

“But hey, it feels quite interesting here, and there is a feeling of learning.” Jiang Laien said, raising the back of her hand to wipe her face, ready to continue eating potato chips.

“Wait.” At that moment, Ye Kehuan raised her eyebrows suddenly.

“Huh?” Jiang Laien looked at her, puzzled.

Ye Kehuan took out a pack of wet-wipes, tore it open, and gently wiped her face: “Look at you, the fire soot has turned you into a little cat.”

Jiang Laien met her gaze, feeling stunned, and then turned her head to look at the tongue of fire in the stove: “Well, is it a cute little tabby cat?”

“Lovely,” Ye Kehuan looked at her with a smile in her eyes, “whatever you say is cute.”

After listening, Jiang Laien felt hot behind her ears, and the corners of her lips curled up, and then she coughed: “Okay, go and see your fish. I’m starving to death.”

Ye Kehuan looked at her, smiled again, and finally put her hands on her knees, stood up, and walked back towards the pot.

Uncovering the pot, an even stronger scent puffed out in an instant, and the tip of her tongue couldn’t help secreting saliva. At that time, there was not much water in the pot, and the fish was boiled red and attractive. It trembled, as if inviting someone to taste it. Finally, Ye Kehuan set aside the lip and waited for the fire to finish collecting the juice, then put it on a plate, and sprinkled it with chopped green onion, and a perfect plate of watercress crucial was completed in that way. The color and fragrance were equally delicious, and Jiang Laien’s stomach made grunting noises again.

After that, Ye Kehuan sped up and fried some wild vegetables, then served the cooked rice, put the things on the table, and sat down with Jiang Laien to enjoy.

“Come on, your favorite, fish belly.” Ye Kehuan put a piece of fish belly into Jiang Laien’s bowl.

The juice on the fish was stained with plump rice grains, glowing with a bright luster, and just looking at it, you would know it was delicious. Jiang Laien brought the fish to her mouth with the white rice, closed her eyes and chewed, and after swallowing, she gave her a thumbs up and licked the corners of her lips: “It’s delicious!”

After Ye Kehuan was praised, her eyebrows relaxed, and she picked up the bowl and began to feast.

At the same time, Yu Mei and Li Yaolin were in chaos.

“How to kill this thing?! Oh my god, it keeps moving!”

“Drop it, smash it!”

“No, I can’t do it!”

“Chop the head off directly with a knife!”

“Ah! Still not working, still moving!”

“Ah, it’s gone!”

After tossing for a long time, Li Yaolin and Yu Mei looked at the smashed fish with dumbfounded faces.

“Mom, you are really good.” Yu Mei swallowed and looked at Li Yaolin.

“It’s been a long time since I cooked. I can’t help it. And it’s this kind of stove, and this kind of pot…” Li Yaolin was suffocating in her heart. Since she participated on the show, everything had really gone wrong.

In the end, Yu Mei reached out and gently knocked her on the head: “Forget it, let’s eat instant noodles.”

Li Yaolin sighed, and then took apart the instant noodles with her daughter.

The smell of rice from next door came through the crack in their door, causing the two people’s stomachs to growl. They took deep breaths, and finally opened the lid, and began to eat the shabby instant noodles. Yu Mei didn’t want any sense of existence anymore, she just hoped that the **** show would end soon. She wanted to go home and have a good night’s sleep. She wanted to go home and enjoy all kinds of delicacies made by their chef back home. When she got back, she vowed to eat everything she wanted.

Just as Yu Mei finished her last bite of noodles and put down her chopsticks, there was a knock on the door.

So Yu Mei stood up again, walked over, and opened the door.

As soon as the door opened, she saw Ye Kehuan standing there, smiling.

“Is there anything?” Yu Mei’s face quickly lit up with a smile.

Ye Kehuan’s lips curled slightly, then she stretched out her hand and handed over two boxes of cold medicine: “I heard your mother say that you didn’t prepare cold medicine, so I came to deliver medicine. If you have a cold, you should take the medicine, okay?”

Ye Kehuan’s open-minded look was like a living Buddha.

The corners of Yu Mei’s lips twitched, and she took the medicine, looked at it, then looked at her: “You are so careful. I am so touched that I don’t know what to say.”

Ye Kehuan smiled: ‘You’re welcome. Have some.”

Yu Mei nodded: “Okay…”

Taking out two pills, she gave the medicine box back to Ye Kehuan and smiled again, then put them in her mouth, turned around and picked up a glass of water, then raised her head and drank it.

Putting down the water glass, Yu Mei closed her eyes, turned to look at her, and smiled.

“Then I’ll go over there first.” Ye Kehuan said, turned around, and left Yu Mei’s room. She returned to her house, rolled up her sleeves, and started chopping wood.

Yu Mei stood at the door, looking over at Ye Kehuan, who was sweating over there like rain. At that time, she really wanted to go over and kill her. However, there were cameras all around, and she didn’t even know where to start. Besides, she had to maintain her image.

At that time, Yu Mei’s stomach churned suddenly, and there was a faint pain. Her expression changed. Yu Mei hurriedly picked up the toilet paper and ran towards the toilet. No, did she really run into the side effects of cold medicine? She heard that there was a certain chance of vomiting or diarrhea if you took cold medicine without a cold. Yu Mei really wanted to cut Ye Kehuan to pieces at that time. Who told her to be so enthusiastic?!

After Ye Kehuan and Xiao Mingguang finished cutting the firewood, they set off again with Jiang Laien to pick mushrooms in the small forest. The three of them talked and laughed along the way, quite happy.

The air in the mountains was good, and from time to time there were birds flying around, making a peaceful image.

“Did you live in the mountains when you were young?” Ye Kehuan turned to ask Xiao Mingguang as she walked.

“Yes, I had always lived in the countryside when I was young. I also hunted and caught rabbits with my dad. In the summer, I would go to the river to catch crabs. It was really fun,” Xiao Mingguang laughed. “Coming here to record this show this time, I really feel like I’m back when I was a kid, and I’m very happy.”

“It sounds like fun.” Jiang Laien wiped the sweat from her forehead and smiled.

“Yes, although I live in the city now, and I am not as poor as before, sometimes I think of it. I feel that the old days were good. Leisurely, and free of pressure.” Xiao Mingguang smiled.

“I also think the countryside is pretty good. Even if there is no Internet, I am still very happy. I want to live here right away.” Ye Kehuan looked at her surroundings and exclaimed sincerely.

“How many people wish they were as rich as you, lived in big houses in big cities and ate the delicacies of the mountains and seas, and you want to live in the country?” Xiao Mingguang turned his head and looked at her.

Ye Kehuan laughed: “It’s probably because there is no intrigue out here. The rich have the problems of the rich. I was never able to make friends as a kid. I used to talk to a nice person, and I thought she treated me well, like a true friend. Until one day, because I made a mistake, my dad cut off my financial resources in order to punish me, which caused me to think carefully about buying a two-yuan ice cream, let alone get one for her to share. After seeing me like that, she stopped playing with me, you know? She just went to play with others.”

Speaking of that, Ye Kehuan shook her head with a smile: “So later, I didn’t reveal my family background. Only after that was I able to make some real friends.”

After listening, Xiao Mingguang sighed, “Indeed, there are troubles for the poor, and troubles for the rich.”

Ye Kehuan smiled and said nothing, just pointing to a tree: “Mushrooms!”

Then, the three people began to pick mushrooms happily.

At the same time, Yu Mei went to the toilet again.

After she walked out of the latrine clutching her belly, her steps began to weaken, and she was also sweating. All she felt was that she was floating, and her soul was about to leave her body, and she was not far from hanging up.

After pushing open the door of her house, and sitting down beside the bed with her stomach in her hands, Yu Mei’s eyes gradually became hollow, and she fell into a kind of confusion.

“My daughter, is your cold affecting your stomach? Is that why you have diarrhea so badly? Hey, what can I do?” Li Yaolin looked at Yu Mei with worry in her eyes.

Yu Mei swallowed her saliva and turned her pale face to look at her mother: “I’m fine.”

“Are you really fine?” Li Yaolin was very anxious. “Let’s leave the show, and go back to the city to see a doctor.”

“No,” Yu Mei decided to stick to her hard-working image, “What’s a little sickness and pain? I’m here to participate on the show, not to be a princess. If a person doesn’t even have a professional spirit, what do they have left?”

“Hey…” Li Yaolin looked at her and sighed.

At that time, Yu Mei’s expression became weird again, and she instantly covered her stomach with her hand, then stood up and ran out of the door.

Upon seeing that, the cinematographer was also ready to go out.

Yu Mei became a little impatient, turned her head to suppress her emotions, and used a lot of effort to say calmly: “There is no need to shoot again, I’m just going to the latrine. It feels a bit strange to keep shooting. After all, I am a girl.”

After listening, the camera operator stopped, and this time he didn’t keep up.

A few minutes later, Yu Mei came out of the latrine again, really feeling that she was going to collapse. However, when she was about to push open the door to her house, from the corner of her eye, she suddenly caught sight of a snake, and her eyes widened. She didn’t dare look away. At that moment, the snake stopped in front of Ye Kehuan’s door, and finally, she saw it lower its head and slither under the door-gap.

Upon seeing that, Yu Mei immediately returned to her room, looking at the cinematographer and Li Yaolin: “I just…”

“What happened just now?” Li Yaolin asked hurriedly.

Yu Mei’s words reached her lips and she swallowed them back. Was she really going to tell them that a snake entered Ye Kehuan’s room? Why would she talk about it? She obviously hated Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien, so why should she help them? It was better to let the snake kill them without paying attention. In that way, she would get rid of one of the thorns in her eye, and everyone would be happy.

“Meimei?” Li Yaolin put her hand on her shoulder, her eyes filled with concern.

Seeing her daughter having diarrhea like that, and her expression being so strange, she felt distressed as a mother.

At Li Yaolin’s call, Yu Mei gradually recovered her senses and smiled again: “It’s nothing, but I just remembered that I haven’t looked for ingredients this evening. What should I do? If there are no ingredients tonight, we will probably only eat instant noodles again. Should I go out now?”

After listening, Li Yaolin sighed, “It’s okay. You are not feeling well. Just rest here. I’ll go out to find something to eat. You’re already like this. You can’t eat instant noodles anymore.”

Yu Mei smiled when she heard her words: “Well then, Mom, you have to pay attention to your safety. You have worked hard.”

Li Yaolin nodded, sighed again, and then went out.

Seeing that the door was closed again, Yu Mei closed her eyes, exhaled, and slowly sat down beside the bed with her hand on her stomach, her whole body listless. However, after sitting for a long time, she ran to the toilet again.

At 4:30 in the afternoon, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien came back, talking and laughing. After Yu Mei heard the movement, she opened the door and looked out, only to see that Ye Kehuan was taking out the key to open the door. Yu Mei’s heart was pounding. Would she be bitten?

“What’s wrong?” Ye Kehuan opened the door and looked at Yu Mei.

“No, I…” Yu Mei was taken aback, and then smiled, “I just wanted to see if my mother was back.”

“Oh, well, I’ll cook first.” Ye Kehuan opened the door and smiled.

“Okay, you go.” Yu Mei smiled, and then returned to her room.

She hoped that the snake would give them a big bite. Thinking about that, Yu Mei lay down on the bed, closed her eyes, and prepared to sleep for a while.

One and a half hours later.

“Boom boom boom.” The door sounded.

Yu Mei, in her sleep, had to get up again, quite tired. She walked over and opened the door. Then Ye Kehuan appeared in front of her with a smile.

“You…” Yu Mei looked palely at the small bowl of soup in her hand.

“I caught a snake in my room today, so I made it into snake soup. Good things should be shared with everyone. I’ll give you some.” Ye Kehuan said and gave her the small bowl of snake soup.

Yu Mei held the snake soup, her mouth twitching. Was the woman in front of her the devil?

At that time, the devil smiled again, taking out two boxes of cold medicine: “If you have a cold, you should keep taking medicine!”

19