Human Federation Chapter 1
62 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                     Chapter 1:- What makes us human?

 

 

Author’s Note: - This book presents human civilization as a protagonist.

 

 

 May 2022

There was the laughter of children and shouts from their parents it was a normal day on earth and hot sun in the sky. In an open area where children were playing with their parents, an 18-year-old teen was looking at them enviously. Leo was envious as he was a war orphan who didn’t know who were his parents, his birthday, or his birthplace. Leo was a teenager with above-average looks but his blue eyes made him look sharp and handsome.

Leo sighed as he looked at the news on his phone.

‘Due to ongoing war, the global temperature has risen by 0.5 degrees and glacier are starting to melt experts speaks if war is not stopped within few years the land will shrink at an unimaginable rate.’

‘The war between Russia and Ukraine intensifies and many countries are pulled into it.’

Leo hated war as it made him lose his closest relatives. In his mind he was thinking “Why do we fight a war with our people, I don’t support any of the countries as they are right for themselves but why are their countries in the first place why can’t there be just one country and one

Spoiler
[collapse]

civilization.”

‘How can there not be countries where people think about religion before reasoning.’

As he was engrossed in his mind there was a chant from the nearby temple which diverted his attention, “huh gods”, he was an atheist for him his god was Planet Earth. Just as he was thinking this a thought passed by his mind “God's Religion they are one of a source of war like India and Pakistan.” As he went on “British used the policy of divide and rule to gain colonies do gods or alien want to use it the same...” he suddenly snapped out of the thought as it was scary.

‘But what if aliens exist and how would they look like tall skull-like creatures, or completely different? And what if they had already visited Earth without us knowing maybe not as the government will never tell the truth as we are people who will follow the person who leads maybe if they announce it, the situation will worsen as the unknown will make people create fantasies and will lead to destruction or order as there are extremist who thinks there is too much peace.’

Sunlight fell on his face which made him squint his eyes.

Leo realize that the sun had started to fall “oh so much time had passed.” And stood up dusted his pants and walked away.

Leo had co-rented an apartment with his meager salaries from writing books. His co-renters were always changing as this was an area far from the city center and only poor people like him will stay here for a long time.

And today he was alone as his co-renter was changed yesterday and most importantly she was a girl.

“Good night.” As he said this to himself Leo went to sleep. As a loner for him leaving his book friends there were only a few friends.

……………

Buzz buzz

An old TV was buzzing and

Bang

A huge light flashed from outside

…………….

Leo’s eyebrows crumbled up

……………

A huge shadow covered the sky and passed.

Leo was escaping whit his full might and was followed by a few alien spaceships which were launching laser beams at him.

The buildings around him were crumbled, with people like him running, there were dead bodies everywhere some missing arms and legs and some even turned into mincemeat.

…….

Leo sat straight ‘huff huff’ as he looked around and saw his shabby room Leo calmed down a little. As he stood up to drink some water, he fell down but for him, as time slowed he saw himself fall from another perspective feeling like his soul and body were separate like in doctor strange.

Bump

Leo sat on the ground and his body returned to him and the previous thing was like an illusion.

But Leo knew this was not the first time he had this feeling he had experienced this from he was 12 years old at first he thought he had some superpower but he had no control over it and he was even called an idiot for this and he was even sent to a psychiatrist and even went for a brain CT but he was said to be perfectly fine.

Leo “Is there a soul in this world or things like magic, maybe.” He thinks that every inspiration and imagination comes from something we see or feel, so he thinks that there may be a civilization such as swords and magic.

Leo “I am thinking too much about aliens, hell they even appeared in my dream.”

As he looked out of the window the sky was dark with starlight illuminating it somewhat. As he was appreciating the starlight he saw something blurry in the sky about the temple but only for a second.

‘What was that a spaceship.’

‘Nah’

Leo thought ‘I am really tired today.’

Then there was a loud curse from nearby.

And then the lights around lit up

Leo knew that man, he was a native Indian, “Hmm Rohan uncle are again cursing Saqib Uncle.”

He knew both of them as they always helped him when he was hungry and in trouble. They were together in the army and even were in the same division and it was said that both held a bullet for each other. And he even knew why were they arguing as Rohan’s son was in love with Saqib’s daughter but their religion was different so they were not agreeing on it.

Leo frowned “Both of them are best friends and even keep each other’s back, but their different religion blocks them.”

He thought “What makes us human?”

‘Why were born and we were said to born form a same tribe but why were we divided, even if it was meant for exploring there should always be some contact between the tribes, were we divided since our evolution, but if religion was the reason for today’s division what was the reason at that time even if someone wanted to rule and create his reign there were many people who almost conquered the Earth but why did no one succeeded, it feels fake to say that conquering the earth is impossible why were the discrimination formed, rich and poor is okay but color discrimination what was the reason, and mainly why there was difference in men and women did we lost our reasoning somewhere and started to act like degenerates, and why did women didn’t revolt, if people say that women are inherently weaker than men then I am sorry that’s impossible they have their strengths and men have their own, there should be at least one revolution, something really wrong, as if something is taken from us, what make us humans.’

Leo has always asked himself this question many times but he didn’t have any firm answer today he had some feelings of “Emotions.”

‘Emotions like love, hate, anger, happiness, etc. They make us strong and they are also our weaknesses, but I can guarantee that emotions make us stronger love can make one successful and even decline a person, same hate can make one determined as well as irrational. The way we look at them shows our way ahead.’

Leo felt he now has a goal, he was to unite humans be they of any caste any nation, or any color.

Leo felt he was naïve ‘I don’t have power, money nor I am a politician, nor I am a scholar. I hope that I can have a superpower that can help me, or need a condition that can make humans unite and I am willing to do anything for it, even if it needs giving my life at least I sacrificed for a greater cause and I know many people in history should have made some contributions or else there will no UNO formed now.

Then Leo thought of the state he goes into, ‘The separation state or whatever up till now I have been in it many times but it mainly occurs when I see a nightmare or when I am dead tired, is it an illusion but why don’t I feel like it and mainly I had bent a steel pipe one day in that stage when I wanted to get a support, did that basketball made me gain something.’

Leo shook his head ‘no I am diverting from my thoughts now focus on one thing.”

He looked at the houses which were lit and curses coming from there.

Leo smiled “So Let’s start to form a small goal to make both uncles agree on their relationship.”

 

Author: This book will be in the science fiction genre and it will also include fantasy settings, no systems and there will be some time skips. And I am not against any religion or nation I just think humanity is above all.

4