1 | Cat and Mouse
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You really suck at this.”

“You’re not doing any better! Screw off, dude.”

“I won five games! We’re losing because of you!”

“Fuck you—”

Giovanni glared over at his friend, who sat cross-legged next to him on the school bench. Well, calling him a friend wouldn’t be completely true. They argued more than a married couple. The so-called friend of his, Luci, had his head down, eyes glued to his phone. Silky chin length black hair hid his face from view. The humidity was at an all-time high, and their school uniforms clung to their bodies.

Morning classes were over and lunch time was upon them. While waiting for their other friends to arrive, they passed the time playing a popular online phone game. One of many. Whoever told him college would be all about fun and partying had lied to him. Lunch was the only free time he had! If he could remember who it was, he’d kick their ass.

“Something stinks,” said Luci. He turned to face Giovanni, face scrunched together. “You stink. When’s the last time you showered?”

“Do I?” Giovanni smirked and scooted closer to Luci. His friend frowned, about to open his mouth to talk shit, when he took his armpit and shoved it in Luci’s face. The stench reminded him of the dirty socks his cat pissed on.

“That’s disgusting—” He tried to force Giovanni off of him, hands pushing his chest away. “Damn it, Gio!”

Their bickering caused a few girls walking by to smile and wave at them. Luci, who was now using his foot to keep Giovanni away, waved back at them.

Annoyed, Giovanni flicked his forehead with his free hand. “You’re an asshole.”

Their friends came to break them apart a few minutes later. It was another typical day. Although, he couldn’t say how long those days would last. Before anyone knew it, everything would change. 

1