Chapter 3: Supremes
71 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What should we do now?

Should we use ‘that’ or somehow keep up with this absurdness?

I also haven’t used my Ultimate also!

We have to do something.

Countless thoughts came into Spear Master’s mind as he faced the NPC. Their plan failed and the gods were mercilessly killed.

The remaining rankers are at their wits too, losing the spirit to fight anymore.

After not getting any other way to defeat this overpowered bastard of a NPC, the Spear Master finally resolved to use ‘that’.

“Cecilia, be ready to use that.”

“…”

“We have to. There is no other choice.”

“….Fine.”

The Saintess reluctantly agreed, but rejection can be traced by her looks. The Spear Master felt bad for letting her use 'that' but he did not have a choice because out of every players, only she has the power to use that.

The Spear Master then turned addressed the rankers in hopes of them agreeing with him.

“Everyone, somehow distract that bastard and keep him away from Cecilia. My ultimate has a higher penetration rate and high critical hit chance too. I don’t know if my Ultimate will even work or not, but let’s bets on the odds here. After Cecilia is done with the thing I entrusted her, I will use my Ultimate.”

“Fine.”

“Fine by me.”

“Ok”

The rankers, opposite of Spear Master’s expectations, readily agreed, which makes his heart ache. Looking towards the trusting eyes of the rankers made him feel guilty, as he was the one who suggested first to take this quest.

He then looked towards Cecilia.

“Cecilia, use that now. It will take some minutes to activate, but we will cov-”

“What are you all planning?”

“…!!”

Out of nowhere, the NPC appeared in the middle of them, scaring the shit out of them. The ranker’s minds became empty. Just only one thing came into their minds.

‘How did he get in between us!?’

Even though the NPC was better than them in terms of power, it is still questionable as to how he gets so close to them without even them noticing.

While they were in the state of trance while thinking, the Spear Master’s shout woke them up.

“Run, get away from him!!”

“Tch…”

“Fuck…”

The rankers came to their minds as they tried to get some distance from the NPC, but…

“Don’t run away after we meet so close for the first time. Let’s have some fun together.”

The NPC had a huge grin as he said that. He then cleared his throat and…

“STOP”

“Guhh…”

I….can’t move my body!!

An unparalleled force stopped them on their paths, forcing them to stand in one place. The NPC then walked in between them, making his way to the Spear Master.

“Dragon’s tongue, was it? Pretty useful, heh. Kinda wonderful technique the dragons have, for stopping you all with just the power of mere words. I like it.”

His face lit up as he said those words. It looked like he genuinely liked the Dragon’s tongue.

He then strove towards the Saintess, laughing menacingly. The Saintess looked terrified as she saw the NPC walking towards her. Her legs trembled, her face turned white, and her mouth stuttered.

“I know about your sweet little plan. Be at ease because I also want you all to be successful, you know.”

He then reached her chin and lifted it and pointed it towards the Spear Master.

“In the first place, it was ‘that’ I wanted. I came here to get ‘that’, but you all started attacking me all of a sudden. I warned you all that do not get in my way, but you all never listened. The greed to defeat me overtook your minds.”

“Now that it has come to this, don’t force me to kill you all before the actual show begins.”

He then grabbed her by her neck and lifted her. The Saintess choked as she struggled from the NPC’s grip.

“Kuhh… c-cough…”

Seeing her get strangled, the Spear Master shouted and ran towards her.

“CECILIA!!”

He looked like a ferocious tiger. He glared at the NPC as he tried to deploy his ultimate on him.

“Get away fro-.”

“KNEEL”

“Gahh…!!”

As soon as the word came out of the NPC’s mouth, a powerful pressure forced the Spear Master to get on his knees.

‘I can’t…. lift my head?’

No matter how hard he tried to move, noting seemed to work. The other rankers, who were frozen in their place, also kneeled.

“Do you understand now the helplessness you feel when someone stronger than you is against you?”

“I was the same. I felt fear, confusion and helplessness when those Supremes experimented on me.”

“Like how they torture you, use different methods to experiment on you, inject different types of magic and fluids on your body while you just shout, scream, beg for help, but nobody listens.”

“And now that I have this power, shouldn’t I pay back the pain that I experienced?”

As he said those words, he looked at the Spear Master, but…

‘His gaze… why does it look familiar?’

Those tired, defeated eyes that just yearn for rest…… yet there is a little spark, the spark of revenge. Why does it feel awfully familiar?

“Now…”

He then turned towards the Saintess.

“The power to summon those Supremes.”

“Hand me over ‘That’ quietly.”

“…!!”

He knew all along, yet he toyed with us this whole time.

“Looks like you have no plan to give me ‘that’.”

The NPC then forcefully invaded the inventory of the Saintess and pulled out ‘that’.

The item looked like a ball, but the runes and the texture made it felt like it was an otherworldly stuff.

“Ahh….kinda beautiful for summoning something like a shit.”

He then held the item and investigated it.

The other rankers when saw they saw the items got their mouths opened.

“Something like that exists?!”

“Spear Master, where did you get that?”

The continuous questioning left the Spear Master helpless and forced him to reveal about the item.

“I got it on a hidden quest. I was at the Super rank when I attempted that quest.”

When the then Super rank Spear Master looked at the item, even he was shocked as he saw the details of the item.

[Supreme Summoning orb. (Supreme)]

[An item that can be used to open a portal to the realm of the Supremes.]

[The more the experience and the worth the user has, the more powerful a Supreme can be called forth.]

[Can be used only by the one who has seen the Supreme Goddess.]

[Caution!]

[It requires the entire experience of the user. After use, the orb will be teleported to anywhere in Grandia and the user will be regressed to LVL 1.]

[Note: Use Wisely.]

“Come here, Saintess, let me help you with the summoning.”

“D-don’t c-come near me!!”

“SHUT UP”

“Mmh....”

He then muted the Saintess and then made her held the orb.

“Let’s not waste any more time, shall we?”

“PREPARE THE SUMMONING”

Cecilia’s hand moved on its own, like a puppet controlled by strings with the orb high in the air.

“DO IT”

As soon as those words were spoken, Cecilia activated the orb by injecting her mana and her entire experience and at the same time a ray of light shot high towards the sky tearing the space itself.

“The realm… of the… Supremes!?”

The rankers were astonished by the mana the hole was emitting,

But the opening is too short. It was like watching a black dot in the sky.

“Tch...”

“I guess this is it for you, Saintess. Now get lost.”

“Khakk…”

The NPC took the orb from Cecilia and then threw her to the side. He then started to pour his power into the orb and the black dot in sky expanded and almost covered the entire sky.

“You all have the audacity to block my way with these puny players and those chickens. Now come down and get you necks severed.”

“Forbidden magic: #### pull”

Nobody there heard the name of the skill clearly, but nobody care as something like a foggy dark hand entered the space and started to pull something out.

“Are those….”

“Is this for real?”

The rankers who were kneeling peeked into the sky. They were astonished to finally get the chance to see the Supreme Beings in the flesh.

“Wouldn’t it be like an achievement to have a glimpse of them?”

“You are correct, but….”

The situation right now doesn’t seem okay for an achievement. The NPC then roared as pulled his hand downwards.

“Now come down, you shitters!!”

Soon, figures fell from the sky as the NPC shouted. The figures crashed and dust surrounded the entire area.

Crash

‘He pulled all the Supreme Beings alone from their world?’

The Spear Master, who saw the miracle happening in front of him, was shocked.

As the dust cleared, what they saw was the Supreme beings piled up against each other. Some were scared, some were confused, some were furious.

But this scene can be called the most embarrassed moment for someone who is hailed as the strongest.

Ding!

[Unbelievable Achievement]

[You have witnessed a shameful scene involving the Supreme beings.]

[Title: One who saw the Supremes embarrassed]

[Effect: 30% additional attack and defense against Myth rank NPCs]

[5% increase in all stats when facing any Supreme Being.]

[Additional 10% increase in stats temporarily if you catch the Supremes in a similar situation]

“It’s real.”

“The effects really are great.”

“There is no title giving this much effect against the Myth rank.”

“And it is probably the first title to have any effect against the Supremes.”

It overjoyed the rankers as they saw the effects of the title. The percentile increase they gave when facing myth and above rank NPCs is something that was never heard of in the game.

They were the first one to get the benefit.

Ding!

[Unbelievable Achievement]

[Title: One who saw the Supremes]

[Effects: Fame +10, HP +10, MP +10…]

“Pretty lame.”

“Useless title.”

“Ptooey…”

“….”

The second title they received was not something that was warmly welcomed. Some spitted, some looked disappointed, and some just ignored the second title.

“Now, now, we rarely get any permanent increase in stats now. So be happy.”

‘And I don’t think it’s a good idea to say these in front of the Supremes.’

As the Spear Master tried to control the rankers, the NPC then spoke up.

“Look who do we have here, our beloved Supreme beings. How is it to be crashed in the mortal world by me, your most favorite pawn?”

The NPC said mockingly with a huge grin, creepy enough to make many Supremes shudder.

Then, among the supremes, the Supreme goddess of war came forward. Her beauty and the looks were enough to steal the hearts of many male rankers. Even the Spear Master, who is said to be the most mature of the rankers, is flustered. The goddess, on the other hand, is pissed off.

She, who out of nowhere was dragged down to the mortal realm, is infuriated. No being had ever disrespected her and her fellow Supremes like that.

She, who is treated as the most important goddess and is prayed and feared by the mortals, never experienced such humiliation.

But…

‘What was that power? That terrifying power still gives me goose bumps whenever I think about it.’

She looked towards the NPC as she tries to use her eye of perception. The moment her eyes perceived the NPC, her consciousness was transferred to a pitch black space. At first, she thought of breaking the entire space with her power, but…

“My power doesn’t work here?”

Her magical powers dissipate the moment she tries to invoke any spell.

Little by little, she felt fear. She felt suffocation and dizziness as she tried to escape the space, but everywhere she looked was pitch black space.

Fear overtook her. For a Supreme who is crowned as the goddess of war, who in time of need gives hope to mortals, became hopeless.

As she screamed and tried to escape from the space, a sound can be heard.

“Fool.”

Then from a side, a face can be seen mockingly smiling towards her and someone then pushed her out from the Space.

Only a second has passed as she opened her eyes.

Terrified by what she experienced, she looked towards the NPC, only to find him grinning.

“…!!!”

Out of fear, she then took out her Spear and pointed it towards the NPC.

“W-we w-w-warn you, back down and surrender. Y-you do not k-know the co-”

“Khukk…”

‘Huh… when did he get so close to her?’

The Spear Master questioned. Even though he was kneeling, he still gets a good view of the confrontation between the goddess and the NPC.

“You have a nerve trying to perceive my existence when you shits were the one who made me like this.”

“How dare you even use those filthy eyes of yours on me?”

The NPC moved at a speed faster than any of the rankers could notice. Not even the Supremes noticed him and then he caught the goddess by her neck. Some Supremes who who ere under the goddess shouted and ran towards the NPC.

“Get away from her, you slave!!”

“Know your place, you pa-”

“KNEEL”

A majestic aura forced the Supremes to slam their heads into the ground, who were trying to interfere.

"Fuckers..."

“Now let me ask you, now that we got some silence.”

He then glared at goddess that sends the shiver down to her spine.

“What did you just spout now, bitch?”

A vein bulged on the NPC’s forehead. In addition to the force he is exerting in his hands while holding the Goddess neck, his magical aura pressurized the goddess even more.

“K-know your p-place, y-you s-slave!!”

“Ptooey…”

Dodge

“Did you expect me to welcome your spit on my face, huh?”

The NPC used magic to timely levitate the spit of the goddess and then he threw her own spit in her face.

“AAAHHHHH…”

“Oh, I am sorry, I guess I did a minor mistake of mixing acid with your spit. But you will have no problem, right?”

The goddess screamed loudly as her holy face tarnishes. The NPC, on the other hand, grinned heavily as he watched the face of the goddess melt.

“Now your face looks beautiful, befitting of your attitude.”

“M-My n-noble face….h-how dare y-you!!”

Slap

He then slapped the goddess, who made the goddess quiet, but she still glared at the NPC while grunting.

“Shut up.”

He then flapped his hand to remove the melted skin and acid that was on the goddess’s face. It splattered some onto the goddess’s skin, which made her scream more.

He then alternatively looked towards goddess and the supreme beings that were having their heads slammed in the ground.

“I think you are mistaken about something. It is ‘you’ all who should know their place. You dogs!!”

As he slowly approached them, a fierce aura flared up from him. The dark creepy aura flared too high that it felt like it could cover up the whole of Grandia.

His energy alone raised the hairs on the skin of rankers and made the spine of the Supremes beings shiver.

As he approached them, his aura pressured them more. They couldn’t breathe and their heads buried even more into the ground.

“Did you all think you can beat me? Did you all think that you all can gang up on me and I will do nothing? You all can do nothing in my presence. You cannot even lift you heads.”

The side of his lips curled up as he looked towards us and everyone present here.

“Let me demonstrate my true power in front of you all, power that you all gave birth to.”

***

0