Chapter 1
97 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WALKING VIRUS

Chapter One

Common isekai with an uncommon protagonist. 

I don’t believe in God, but with all I’ve witnessed I think I really should. You don’t go through what I have without considering the involvement of a higher power.

Why do I say so? On the 14th of February 2020, two days before my birthday, I died. I watched my body fail me, I watched the needles empty their contents into my bloodstream. From the other side of the glass, I saw expressions ranging from joy on the faces of those who were glad that I finally got ‘what I deserved’ to sadness on those who thought otherwise and then the neutrality on those who just couldn’t be bothered to care. I died for a crime I never committed, I was executed. But in my own way I’d like to think that I was martyred for a great cause.

I went against the grain, those in high places did not appreciate my defiance. So I was swiftly silenced. But I did get my message across, so it wasn’t all bad. No, what was bad, was death.

You’d think I died peacefully with a smile on my face if you’d been on the other side of the glass. That was because I was paralyzed. I was absolutely terrified, I was so scared I’d piss myself if I wasn’t already immobile. Feeling your heart— the one thing that’s been beating in your chest long before you became self aware – stop is a feeling so dreadful it is better kept to oneself.

The thing is, after my heart stopped and the dreaded sleep came. I awoke.

Normally that would be something to be joyful for, after all failed executions are god’s way of telling us it’s not our time to die. But my case left me wondering just what type of god granted me such a miracle. Because you see, god must have gotten me mixed up with one of its countless creatures, I couldn’t be judgmental, who knows how hard it is being god? How tired he/she must have been to have TAKEN AWAY MY BODY AND TURN ME INTO A FUCKED UP ORGANISM!

Yes goddamnit I was mad. It ain’t everyday you wake up to being in a rabbit is it? Oh, did I also mention how I wasn’t on earth anymore? Forgive me, sometimes I get too worked up letting my situation blind me from appreciating the bright side of things – like being alive.

So where was I? I had absolutely no idea but I knew that it wasn’t earth. Because earth doesn’t have two moons, or plants that breathe fire, or wolves that run on wind. Speaking of wolves that run on wind, here I was right in the face of death, again. Because as I mentioned earlier, I was in the body of a rabbit – one with horns – about to be slaughtered by my natural predator. The beast higher on the food pyramid than I was.

I stabbed ahead with my uni-horn –a half foot long conical rod of ultra hardened keratin – trying to impale it through its midsection. It swiped its paws at my head, easily subduing me. Try as I might, I could not shake its paws off. I roared in fury, which I’m certain came out as nothing but a loud screech. The thought that I could’ve tried talking to it, just crossed my mind as its jaws clenched around my throat, sinking its teeth through major arteries and veins.

I abandoned my control over the host body and joined the first spurt of blood, as that would be the most powerful one, right into the wolf’s maws.

Damnit! I cursed. Using blood as a mode of transfer into a different host took 85% of my current mass and cell volume, two years of hard work gone! Just like that. Meaning it left me just on the edge of death every time I did it. I was too desperate, if I had stuck with the dying rabbit host, I would’ve joined it in death, and I wasn’t ever going to be dying again. One time was enough for me.

I am a virus with a consciousness, a self aware one at that. I think I’m this world’s equivalent to HIV – Haha, I’m so fucked. The thing is, this virus wasn’t meant to survive this long, it’s shelf life without a host was appalling and the only mode of transference that would guarantee survival was one of sexual contact. This thing – I fed on the vitality of my host, at least that’s as much as I know. The only hosts I’ve had so far have been rabbits. When I assume control over the host, I begin to replicate and invade deep into the nervous system prolonging my life at the cost of the host’s vitality. But during the process of invasion, the body’s immune system goes to war with me.

Like right now, if it wasn’t for the fact that I had a mind, I would have died upon invading this wolf’s internal system. Its massive immune system was vehemently attacking me, trying to eradicate my existence. My mass and volume was too little to put up a proper defense. I had to break up my already dwindling size and make a run for its spinal column.

Less than 2% mass remained. But I had gained access into the nerve cluster and boy did I go to work. Replication began at blinding speeds and with it came domination. I was in control of the ferocious beast. The nutrients and vitality I acquired from it would prolong my life for a full week before I needed to feed again, or decide to find a new host.

Wow, in the rabbits, I could only live for a day and half before I needed to feed. Don’t be confused when I say feed, I don’t mean in the sense of food consumption, I meant to engage in sexual intercourse and absorb the vitality of the victim I was doing, that was how I fed, by sucking in the sexual vitality of my partners. Yeah, you become jaded to bestiality if you happen to be a virus whose life depended on it. I don’t know what type of a messed up environmental condition would drive this type of evolutionary adaptation. But hey, I was working with what I had on hand.

I began working on the internal systems of the beast, tweaking it to my standards, enhancing its physiology and giving it the six inch long keratin horn for added protection. I was quite accustomed to using it as a weapon.

*.*.*.*.

I hadn’t seen humans since I got here. It’s been months since I transmigrated to this world, and I had yet to lay eyes on humans. That is until today. The wind wolf has an extraordinary sense of smell, coupled with its amazing eyesight, this body was becoming one of my favorites. Dare I say it, it was even better than my human one. But humans were at the top for a reason. Those higher brain functions and advanced biological systems will always have a place in my blackened heart.

I listened to the songs of the early rising birds, stalking slowly through dead leaves and tall bamboo stalks. The calm trickle of the water as it flowed down its path added a rare serenity to the harmony of nature. Carnivorous beasts don’t come this far out because of the lack of prey and the inaccessibility of the region. They just couldn’t be bothered to move through the natural fence of trees and bamboo shoots. But I didn’t mind.

Not when I sniffed the scent of humans. Oh, no I didn’t mind at all. I was aptly rewarded for my patience.

I have been observing all the people coming to the banks, gauging their level of civilization and their strengths based on sight. From what I’ve seen it looked like they were in the early middle ages, they had shaped metal tools, but still used earthen pots and wooden utensils. But someone has caught my attention – a pleasant little thing that would come to the river bank early in the mornings to bathe and fetch water in an earthen pot. She looked like the generic village girl from movies, the maiden you’d expect to be kind and respectful who the hero fights to protect by all means necessary.

I was aiming for her because she’d come to the bank when there weren’t other people around, not because she was pretty and I was thirsty as hell, no it was because it was convenient for me.

When the girl disrobed, I thought I’d wait for her to enter the water first. But I had underestimated my hunger.

I dashed for her, running on a foothold of air, with a lunge I was on her back.

She fell forwards, screaming in fear as I held her down to the wet mud.  No matter how she trashed about, her strength was beneath mine, she couldn’t push me off. I clamped my jaws down on her shoulder to limit her movements, taking extra caution so I wouldn’t break her skin. She got the message, if she moved too much my fangs could tear through her neck.

When she calmed down enough to allow me to position myself between her thighs. I won’t bore you with the poetry, she quivered and shook under my paw when she felt my engorged, ridged rod stroke the space between her bum. 

She squealed and kicked, crying for help. I bit harder on her neck, enough to break sin and draw blood. She immediately ceased the protest knowing she could die if she angered me. 

I hadn’t killed humans in this world but for the motivation that was my survival, that could change. I lowered my hindlimbs, positioned myself right at the edge of her love tunnel and rammed straight in. It was warm, tight and slippery. 

She shouted and groaned, I filled her up nicely. The piston movement began, my pelvis slapped against her shapely ass with the force of a motorized fly swatter. 

Pah! Pah! Pah! Pah! 

I continued in her, she squirmed under me, tears rolled down her cheeks while she moaned reluctantly. She gritted her teeth in a mixture of pain and pleasure with drool dribbling down the side of her mouth. I pumped harder, hard enough to leave her bum red, hard enough she kicked and gushed a waterfall of juices from her snatch. 

It was the perfect state to enter her. I released a mass of semen into her, enough to make her stomach swell, making her vagina clamp around my meaty spear. 

The bulk of my mass moved into her system, I was in my element within the reproductive system. I easily gained access into her neural cluster, replicated within and dominated it. 

When my eyes opened, I was human again albeit temporarily a female, but human again nonetheless. A smile wrote itself over my new lips. I stood up, pushing my now skin and bones previous host to the ground, my own seed dripping down my new legs.

It was time to spread and gain vitality, but first I had to find the human settlement. 

With one small step, I went on until I slapped myself. “I forgot my clothes.” 

4